• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Griffins/Moose Game 7!

Rate this topic

NO ONE IS LISTENING TO THE GAME?!

Whoever wins faces the Admirals in the Conference finals!!

It's 4-4 with 7 minutes left!

LETS GO GRIFFS!!!!!!!!!!

BOOTLAND JUST SCORED TO GIVE THE GRIFFS A 5-4 LEAD WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT TO GO!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

GRIFFS WON!!!! ONTO THE WCF THEY GO!

What a game!

They were down 4-1! And came back scored the next 4 goals and won it! :D

GRIFFINS WIN 5-4!!!!!!!!!! Bootland with the game winner.

Filppula had 2 goals, Hudler assisted on all 5 Griffins goals. MacIntyre who took over in the third for Howard faced all of 1 shot.

Wow, what a win!

OMG that was probably the greatest game I have seen all year! what a game by the line of Bootland-Filppula-Hudler! all 3 were stars...

Bring on the Ads!

Now thats how you win a series, the character and the heart of that Griffins team is incredible. What can you say about the Hudler-filppula-Bootland line, they combined for 11 points tonight, Hudler had 5 assists, Filppula had 2 goals and Bootland had 1 goal and 3 assists.

That was a crazy game. We came out hard, and then let them take total control. How many people thought we had a chance after that 4th Manitoba goal? That early 3rd goal in the 3rd period got the crowd back into it...and what hustle by the team. Now lets kick some Admiral @$$!

What I don't get is why the Griffins defense goes to sleep for some stretches. For two periods the Moose were all over the Griffins, then in the third they had 1 measely shot on goal. WTF? Tighten up defense, not the first time they've done this.

What I don't get is why the Griffins defense goes to sleep for some stretches. For two periods the Moose were all over the Griffins, then in the third they had 1 measely shot on goal. WTF? Tighten up defense, not the first time they've done this.

I agree about the D. How many times this year have we seen the defense just stand around, which results in a penalty called against us?

I know Virtue is old and all, but he needs to stop being such a liability. He missed the puck at the point in the game 6, then threw himself at a Manitoba player to make up for it... resulting in a penalty. He missed the puck how many times in game 7? How many times had he got beat tonight? He might be a great veteran to have in the locker room, but he needs to get his head into the games. & I know that he might not be the only one, but he just stood out the most to me the last 2 games.

I dont expect us to play like we did in the 3rd tonight, all the time....but wasnt that fun.

The Griffs have been so amazing all year. They are known for the great comebacks.

The Flip Huds Booter line NEEDS TO BE A LINE FOR THE WINGS. *Like someone stated on here* Absolutely agree with that. Booter is one hell of a player. People underestimate this guy and think that all he's good for is toughness. Not true at all. When he's on his game he's DAMN GOOD. He can score, make beautiful passes, and plays just as good as anyone else can. Plus he DRIVES TO THE NET. What more can ya ask for? I've been wanting Booter in the Wings line up for 3 years now. He'd be great and make a difference.

WOW... the most amazing game ive ever been at to see........ just amazing

That's awesome! You are so lucky I wish I could of gone!

I wish they'd play these games on Tv! I know they've played a few during the season on Comcast local. They REALLY need to that now so us Wings fans can see them.

The Griffs have been so amazing all year. They are known for the great comebacks.

The Flip Huds Booter line NEEDS TO BE A LINE FOR THE WINGS. *Like someone stated on here* Absolutely agree with that. Booter is one hell of a player. People underestimate this guy and think that all he's good for is toughness. Not true at all. When he's on his game he's DAMN GOOD. He can score, make beautiful passes, and plays just as good as anyone else can. Plus he DRIVES TO THE NET. What more can ya ask for? I've been wanting Booter in the Wings line up for 3 years now. He'd be great and make a difference.

I completely agree they should all be on a line for the Wings. There is no reason why they wouldn’t be effective in the NHL. Hudler has been fantastic in the Playoffs; he has 21 points in 12 games. Filppula is traveling at a point a game, while Booter has 9 points and has been a physical presence. Get them up on the Wings next season!

I tell ya after watching game 6 on Monday I thought they were done after that performance in the second. Horrible offense and defense, total breakdown. I can't blame Howard totally but he has to be on his best and last night he wasn't. Drew has been pretty solid in the playoffs but he faced only one shot the whole time he was on the ice.

What an emotional rollercoaster that was, best game I have ever been to. You could feel the energy when Helmer scored with 1/2 a second left on the clock in the second to make it 2-4.

They came out in the third with such energy it was unbelievable you were watching the same team as you saw in the second. For only a few thousand in the crowd it was very loud.

When Bootland scored I swear I got dizzy. WOW what a game.

Bring on the Admirals!

So what happened with Howard. Was he terrible? Is that why he didn't start the 3rd. I thought he was a big game goalie? Fill me in people. Please

Howard was pulled with a couple minutes left in the second shortly after the 4 Moose goal. He let in I think 2 power play goals and 1 full strength. He was not on his game but neither was the rest of the team. Bad show all around in the 2nd.

That was by far the best game I have been to this season(maybe ever!).

The puck wasn't hitting Howard, he was moving good but it wasn't his night... I hope this doesn't buckle his confidence, he is a very good goalie and needs to learn from this.

Our D cannot fall asleep like it has at times this series. They proved they can lock down a speedy team like the Moose and hold them to 1 shot, but they can't afford to give up mulitple goals and scoring chances on bad turnovers and fancy passes.

In the 3rd, the Griffs looked completely different and motivated, even Quincey stopped doing stupid crap!

Jiri Hudler... wow! That is why i bought his jersey!

I'll be at saturdays game... Time to demote the admirals!

The idea of a Hudler - Filppula - Bootland line translating over to the NHL and making an impact as said line is unlikely. The main reason is that they won't get nearly the same minutes and even though I don't disagree that they're all ready to make a jump and have some type of impact, the difference between what they're doing in the AHL right now most likely won't even come close to what will happen in the NHL.

Hopefully they all make it over next year, but I really doubt that they'll stay on the same line, kinda hard for a coach to trust 3 rookies out there at the same time.

The idea of a Hudler - Filppula - Bootland line translating over to the NHL and making an impact as said line is unlikely. The main reason is that they won't get nearly the same minutes and even though I don't disagree that they're all ready to make a jump and have some type of impact, the difference between what they're doing in the AHL right now most likely won't even come close to what will happen in the NHL.

Hopefully they all make it over next year, but I really doubt that they'll stay on the same line, kinda hard for a coach to trust 3 rookies out there at the same time.

True. I think Filppula still needs to add some muscle to his body. He's never going to be overly big but probably the way Hank has filled out now. He's solid on both ends of the ice but needs a little more time with the farm team.

Hudler, I think is ready for his shot. I would like to see him play on Lang's line next year at J-Will's spot. That should give him around 12 minutes a night to start the season with. If he does well, he can be promoted to Hank's wing, where he will have the benefit of playing with a savvy playmaker and a big linemate in Homer.

Bootland has played on the PK and PP units in Grand Rapids. What are the chances of him seeing some time with the Wings next season? He could take a spot on the 4th line. There's your grit and your PK replacement for Malts or Cleary. If he keeps his PIMs down, he's got a good shot.

I still find it a bit suprising that people are elated about Filpulla, Hudler, and Bootland when it's seems quite clear that Howard struggled in a big game. He is rated as a higher prospect than those three guys.

For me, him playing poorly almost overshadows the great play of these other three prospects.

Anyone know what I mean?

I still find it a bit suprising that people are elated about Filpulla, Hudler, and Bootland when it's seems quite clear that Howard struggled in a big game. He is rated as a higher prospect than those three guys.

For me, him playing poorly almost overshadows the great play of these other three prospects.

Anyone know what I mean?

Well, this was Howards first real chance to play in a big game, I'm not that worried, this is only his first season in the AHL and I think he can't be fairly judged until next year. Like Funky said, the change from College schedule to the AHL schedule can be dramatic.

Anyone know what I mean?

He was not on top of his game but the defense was also no help as they hung him out to dry. At one point in the first period he had faced 10 shots while the Griffins had countered with 1 SOG.

Howard was spectacular in game 5, clearly playing his best game of the series then. In that game he put out a clinic. He was also excellent in games 2 and 3, and was named the second and first star of those games respectively. Many times in this series he made the big save when needed and some more. His coach went far enough to say the bigger the moment, the better Howard plays. Yes, he should've done better in game 7 but I expect all of this is still new to him. After MacIntyre took over for him at the end of the second period and until the end of the game, Drew faced 1 SOG. That goes to show how much the Griffs tightened up their defense and raised their game to pull out this win. So far Jimmy's having a good playoffs and I'm glad the Griffins are moving on so he can keep this journey going.

Grand Rapids has come from behind to win a bunch of times this season so I knew they had it in them, but I thought it was all over when they went down 4-1. They're going to be talking about this comeback for years.