• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Testing the water

Rate this topic

It's not looking good for the Minnesota Wild's attempts to re-sign star forward Marian Gaborik to a long-term extension.

Recent reports in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune had Gaborik rejecting a five-year deal worth $5.5 million per season and his agent suggesting the only way to settle the impasse could be via arbitration.

If that occurs, Gaborik will be awarded a one-year contract, after which he'll be eligible for unrestricted free-agent status. That could force the Wild to trade him at some point next season rather than rise losing him for nothing.

:blink:

Out of our league if 5.5m a year ain't enough, now a trade might be possable, but who or what?

Quite a bit.

I'd say Datsyuk but if Gaborik were coming here I'd want Datsyuk to stay. Gaborik has the blinding speed to make Datsyuk a great setup man in the post season.

My guess would be Grigorenko, Lang, and a 3rd.

Quite a bit.

I'd say Datsyuk but if Gaborik were coming here I'd want Datsyuk to stay. Gaborik has the blinding speed to make Datsyuk a great setup man in the post season.

My guess would be Grigorenko, Lang, and a 3rd.

If Minnesota was losing Gaborik they sure as hell wouldnt want Lang. This would be one of those deals where they'd want either one really great propect or a couple good ones in return. Trading your star for a 35- 36 yr old veteran making 3.8 million is pointless when you're a non contending team. I dont believe the Wings have anything the Wild would want as for prospects...as im sure they could get better offers from other teams. The only player that would probably interest them is Datsyuk..