• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

No word on tonight's starting goalie, but I bet they go with Howard. Coaches will make a game time decision whether Don MacLean plays.

Griffins won the season series 6-2. Here's a series preview.

#2 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:50 AM

Griffins lose 4-0 in game 1. The game was closer than the score indicated. There were a couple of bad turnovers and an empty netter but besides that the game was very even. The Griffins owned the second period but just couldn't score.

Let's hope to tie up the series Saturday. I'll be in attendance with my son.

#3 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

The Admirals are up 1-0 on the Griffs, the game is tied 2-1 in the late stages of the third. The Griffins have peppered the Admirals goalie and now the Admirals are getting a PP with like 8 mins left!

Admirals got called for a penalty with 1 sec left on the Griffs PK, HUGE PP coming up!

Edited by Heaton, 20 May 2006 - 08:16 PM.

Moral victories are for losers.

#4 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

Griffins lose, down 0-2 in the series sad.gif

#5 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

I think the series against the Moose took a lot out of the Griffins. They didn't get much rest before starting this series. Jimmy played well today but the Griffins couldn't score. Down 0-2, time to dig deep.

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

DOPASAPA est. 2006, President

#6 asmith18

asmith18

Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:30 AM

I hope the Griffs win, I wanna go to one of the games. They can come back, GO GRIFFINS!!!!
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

#7 BadAndy

BadAndy

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(asmith18 @ May 20, 2006 - 11:30PM) View Post

I hope the Griffs win, I wanna go to one of the games. They can come back, GO GRIFFINS!!!!

They are 5-1 this post season on the road... Good things can happen, yet!

Anyone see Barry Trotz and Babcock at the game tonight??

#8 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:54 AM

I think loss game 2 is probably end of this series sad.gif Two loss game in home and win series is very hard to do, especially when on the ice are that good team like Milwaukee.

#9 Coyote0106

Coyote0106

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

The real thing is I didnt think we played THAT bad last night. Our PP sucked, but that was about it, IMO. We got under Tootoo's skin, so he wasn't getting under ours...The guys that normally piss me off on their team didnt really do much. They tried to be physical & we responded. Kopy nailed how many guys one just one shift? Manlow even had some decent hits. Our PP just sucked. We let how many odd many breaks happen when we were up a guy? We cant force Howard (or Drew) to make break-away saves on the PP. We did get chances on the PP though, and their goalie is a freak. We had a great sequence in the 2nd, and he was just getting enough on it to stop it.

Yes, I saw Trots(sp?) and Babcock(sp?), its tough not to when the people next to you keep pointing that out laugh.gif & how great was Maclean last night? He would skate by Tootoo and give him a big hook after the play ended. Tootoo would freak out and Maclean would just skate away like nothing happened.

When life passes you by, downshift.
Go Griffins!

#10 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

Yeah I've been listening to the games since they don't show any of it on TV.

I think the Griffs can definitely win the next two and tie up the series. This team doesn't give up. I have faith in the boys!!

GO GRIFFS GO!!!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#11 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:46 PM

The Griffs need to shoot the puck on the pp, i don't know why they are afraid to shoot. They are passing the puck far too much and they need someone to step up and fire the puck so that the other guys can look for the rebounds, they have guys driving the net and setting up in front but it does no good if the point men don't shoot the puck. I have every confidence that the Griffs can pull this one out of the bag, they just need a coouple of goals to go in and they will be fine. Rinne(sp) has won the Ads the first 2 games.
"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#12 BadAndy

BadAndy

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE(Hatcher#2 @ May 21, 2006 - 01:46PM) View Post

The Griffs need to shoot the puck on the pp, i don't know why they are afraid to shoot. They are passing the puck far too much and they need someone to step up and fire the puck so that the other guys can look for the rebounds, they have guys driving the net and setting up in front but it does no good if the point men don't shoot the puck. I have every confidence that the Griffs can pull this one out of the bag, they just need a coouple of goals to go in and they will be fine. Rinne(sp) has won the Ads the first 2 games.

Totally agree. We pass WAY too much, waiting for that highlight reel play goal. They are 5-1 on the road, and maybe the Ads will get a little over confident. If we can get the 1st win, we can steamroll and let it flow.

#13 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(BadAndy @ May 21, 2006 - 04:48PM) View Post

Totally agree. We pass WAY too much, waiting for that highlight reel play goal. They are 5-1 on the road, and maybe the Ads will get a little over confident. If we can get the 1st win, we can steamroll and let it flow.

Yeah, it's Rinne(sp) that has been keeping the Ads in the game long enough for them to score a couple of goals and get the win, like you said the Griffs need to get the first win and they should be fine.

"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#14 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(BadAndy @ May 21, 2006 - 05:48PM) View Post

Totally agree. We pass WAY too much, waiting for that highlight reel play goal.

I think they're taking lessons from the parent club. 78 shots this series. One lousy goal. Reminds me of the Detroit meltdowns against the Ducks, Flames, and Oil.

#15 BadAndy

BadAndy

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Icer @ May 22, 2006 - 09:22AM) View Post

I think they're taking lessons from the parent club. 78 shots this series. One lousy goal. Reminds me of the Detroit meltdowns against the Ducks, Flames, and Oil.

Yes indeed. They need to get more garbage goals. Jiri and Helmer need to throw that puck at the net when they are on the PP and let Kopecky and Bootland grab the rebounds. The only goal we have this seriers is that way.

#16 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

Score is tied 1-1. 7 minutes left to the first.

Mcdonnel with the goal for the Griffs.

Hopefully they get it going. GO GRIFFS GO!

#17 Coyote0106

Coyote0106

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

McDonell scored again! 2 - 2....now if we can just get a lead again...
When life passes you by, downshift.
Go Griffins!

#18 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:54 PM

Griffs lost 3-2. sad.gif

5 minutes left to the third and Haydar snaps a wrister that goes in.

Ugh. Down 3-0 in the series. Bad.

I will say this though. The Flip/Huds/Booter line is AMAZING. Those guys are the heart and soul of the Griffs. They work their asses off each and every shift. They make great tape to tape passes, are pretty darn fast, drive to the net, make slick moves, take away plays from the opposition..etc..

THEY NEED TO BE IN OUR LINEUP for next season.

#19 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ May 22, 2006 - 10:54PM) View Post

THEY NEED TO BE IN OUR LINEUP for next season.

I really don't see 3 rookies playing full time in Detroit next season :/

#20 DrThunderer

DrThunderer

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:25 PM

I was at game three, the Griffins seemed flat. they matched the Ads nearly shot for shot throughout the game, but the final score says it all. I think the first and the second ended with matching shots and goals. They really need to shoot more, lots of finese centering pass attempts, but w/o the shot they do you no good.

This was my first time seeing Jimmy Howard in person. He is sufficently twitchy to lead me to believe he will be an elite goaltender. laugh.gif

Edited by DrThunderer, 22 May 2006 - 11:25 PM.