• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icer

Griffins vs. Admirals series

Rate this topic

Griffins lose 4-0 in game 1. The game was closer than the score indicated. There were a couple of bad turnovers and an empty netter but besides that the game was very even. The Griffins owned the second period but just couldn't score.

Let's hope to tie up the series Saturday. I'll be in attendance with my son.

The Admirals are up 1-0 on the Griffs, the game is tied 2-1 in the late stages of the third. The Griffins have peppered the Admirals goalie and now the Admirals are getting a PP with like 8 mins left!

Admirals got called for a penalty with 1 sec left on the Griffs PK, HUGE PP coming up!

Edited by Heaton

I think the series against the Moose took a lot out of the Griffins. They didn't get much rest before starting this series. Jimmy played well today but the Griffins couldn't score. Down 0-2, time to dig deep.

I hope the Griffs win, I wanna go to one of the games. They can come back, GO GRIFFINS!!!!

They are 5-1 this post season on the road... Good things can happen, yet!

Anyone see Barry Trotz and Babcock at the game tonight??

I think loss game 2 is probably end of this series :( Two loss game in home and win series is very hard to do, especially when on the ice are that good team like Milwaukee.

The real thing is I didnt think we played THAT bad last night. Our PP sucked, but that was about it, IMO. We got under Tootoo's skin, so he wasn't getting under ours...The guys that normally piss me off on their team didnt really do much. They tried to be physical & we responded. Kopy nailed how many guys one just one shift? Manlow even had some decent hits. Our PP just sucked. We let how many odd many breaks happen when we were up a guy? We cant force Howard (or Drew) to make break-away saves on the PP. We did get chances on the PP though, and their goalie is a freak. We had a great sequence in the 2nd, and he was just getting enough on it to stop it.

Yes, I saw Trots(sp?) and Babcock(sp?), its tough not to when the people next to you keep pointing that out :lol: & how great was Maclean last night? He would skate by Tootoo and give him a big hook after the play ended. Tootoo would freak out and Maclean would just skate away like nothing happened.

Yeah I've been listening to the games since they don't show any of it on TV.

I think the Griffs can definitely win the next two and tie up the series. This team doesn't give up. I have faith in the boys!!

GO GRIFFS GO!!!!

The Griffs need to shoot the puck on the pp, i don't know why they are afraid to shoot. They are passing the puck far too much and they need someone to step up and fire the puck so that the other guys can look for the rebounds, they have guys driving the net and setting up in front but it does no good if the point men don't shoot the puck. I have every confidence that the Griffs can pull this one out of the bag, they just need a coouple of goals to go in and they will be fine. Rinne(sp) has won the Ads the first 2 games.

The Griffs need to shoot the puck on the pp, i don't know why they are afraid to shoot. They are passing the puck far too much and they need someone to step up and fire the puck so that the other guys can look for the rebounds, they have guys driving the net and setting up in front but it does no good if the point men don't shoot the puck. I have every confidence that the Griffs can pull this one out of the bag, they just need a coouple of goals to go in and they will be fine. Rinne(sp) has won the Ads the first 2 games.

Totally agree. We pass WAY too much, waiting for that highlight reel play goal. They are 5-1 on the road, and maybe the Ads will get a little over confident. If we can get the 1st win, we can steamroll and let it flow.

Totally agree. We pass WAY too much, waiting for that highlight reel play goal. They are 5-1 on the road, and maybe the Ads will get a little over confident. If we can get the 1st win, we can steamroll and let it flow.

Yeah, it's Rinne(sp) that has been keeping the Ads in the game long enough for them to score a couple of goals and get the win, like you said the Griffs need to get the first win and they should be fine.

Totally agree. We pass WAY too much, waiting for that highlight reel play goal.

I think they're taking lessons from the parent club. 78 shots this series. One lousy goal. Reminds me of the Detroit meltdowns against the Ducks, Flames, and Oil.

I think they're taking lessons from the parent club. 78 shots this series. One lousy goal. Reminds me of the Detroit meltdowns against the Ducks, Flames, and Oil.

Yes indeed. They need to get more garbage goals. Jiri and Helmer need to throw that puck at the net when they are on the PP and let Kopecky and Bootland grab the rebounds. The only goal we have this seriers is that way.

Griffs lost 3-2. :(

5 minutes left to the third and Haydar snaps a wrister that goes in.

Ugh. Down 3-0 in the series. Bad.

I will say this though. The Flip/Huds/Booter line is AMAZING. Those guys are the heart and soul of the Griffs. They work their asses off each and every shift. They make great tape to tape passes, are pretty darn fast, drive to the net, make slick moves, take away plays from the opposition..etc..

THEY NEED TO BE IN OUR LINEUP for next season.

I was at game three, the Griffins seemed flat. they matched the Ads nearly shot for shot throughout the game, but the final score says it all. I think the first and the second ended with matching shots and goals. They really need to shoot more, lots of finese centering pass attempts, but w/o the shot they do you no good.

This was my first time seeing Jimmy Howard in person. He is sufficently twitchy to lead me to believe he will be an elite goaltender. :lol:

Edited by DrThunderer

I will say this though. The Flip/Huds/Booter line is AMAZING. Those guys are the heart and soul of the Griffs. They work their asses off each and every shift. They make great tape to tape passes, are pretty darn fast, drive to the net, make slick moves, take away plays from the opposition..etc..

I totally agree! I just wish they could have pulled one out tonight *sighs*

No, I didn't see Babs in the arena on Saturday.

DOWN WITH TooToo!! GO GRIFFS!!

Bah, down 0-3.

Howard has given them a chance to win in both the games he has played in this series, both 1-oal losses. The Griffins gave up goal with 4 minutes to go in the third and lost. Defense is shaky, the Admirals scored two on the PP last night. Offense generates shots but not enough goals. Hudler's line is the line that needs to score for the Griffins to go anywhere, and the Admirals managed to keep them scoreless.

Nothing to lose now, might as well play like it.

Hudler's line is the line that needs to score for the Griffins to go anywhere, and the Admirals managed to keep them scoreless.

I dont know. I'd like to see Maclean be closer to 100%, and start scoring goals. Or what about Quincey's crazy slapshot? Why has that suddenly disapeared? We need to get in the Admiral goalie's head. We actually got a game 5 at home this post season, I'd like to be able to see it. Its been ahell of a year...

I dont know. I'd like to see Maclean be closer to 100%, and start scoring goals. Or what about Quincey's crazy slapshot? Why has that suddenly disapeared? We need to get in the Admiral goalie's head. We actually got a game 5 at home this post season, I'd like to be able to see it. Its been ahell of a year...

I'm surprised Quincey doens't play more on the PP. Helmer has a weak shot from the point and gets beat by too many opponents clearing the zone. Quincey has had his moments of brilliant and dispair, but I'd like to see him more on the PP with his shot. Meech too, he has a cannon.

Bootland, Filppula and Hudler was a terrific line last series. It has been rendered in-effective in this series. Maybe Ireland should go back to the lines he used in the season with Manlow, Mcdonell and Hudler, ect... That line produced quite often. Spread the talent a little bit, the Ads can't shut down 2 or 3 dangerous lines.

I certainly hope I can go to game 5 as well!