#21 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(Heaton @ May 22, 2006 - 10:59PM) View Post

I really don't see 3 rookies playing full time in Detroit next season :/

Yeah I know, but it'd be great if Kenny took a chance on em.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#22 ladystanley

ladystanley

GO WINGS!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ May 22, 2006 - 08:54PM) View Post

I will say this though. The Flip/Huds/Booter line is AMAZING. Those guys are the heart and soul of the Griffs. They work their asses off each and every shift. They make great tape to tape passes, are pretty darn fast, drive to the net, make slick moves, take away plays from the opposition..etc..

I totally agree! I just wish they could have pulled one out tonight *sighs*

No, I didn't see Babs in the arena on Saturday.

DOWN WITH TooToo!! GO GRIFFS!!

~C19 Forever~

#23 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

Bah, down 0-3.

Howard has given them a chance to win in both the games he has played in this series, both 1-oal losses. The Griffins gave up goal with 4 minutes to go in the third and lost. Defense is shaky, the Admirals scored two on the PP last night. Offense generates shots but not enough goals. Hudler's line is the line that needs to score for the Griffins to go anywhere, and the Admirals managed to keep them scoreless.

Nothing to lose now, might as well play like it.

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

DOPASAPA est. 2006, President

#24 Coyote0106

Coyote0106

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(FunkyBlueFish203 @ May 23, 2006 - 07:28AM) View Post

Hudler's line is the line that needs to score for the Griffins to go anywhere, and the Admirals managed to keep them scoreless.

I dont know. I'd like to see Maclean be closer to 100%, and start scoring goals. Or what about Quincey's crazy slapshot? Why has that suddenly disapeared? We need to get in the Admiral goalie's head. We actually got a game 5 at home this post season, I'd like to be able to see it. Its been ahell of a year...
When life passes you by, downshift.
Go Griffins!

#25 BadAndy

BadAndy

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Coyote0106 @ May 23, 2006 - 09:33AM) View Post

I dont know. I'd like to see Maclean be closer to 100%, and start scoring goals. Or what about Quincey's crazy slapshot? Why has that suddenly disapeared? We need to get in the Admiral goalie's head. We actually got a game 5 at home this post season, I'd like to be able to see it. Its been ahell of a year...

I'm surprised Quincey doens't play more on the PP. Helmer has a weak shot from the point and gets beat by too many opponents clearing the zone. Quincey has had his moments of brilliant and dispair, but I'd like to see him more on the PP with his shot. Meech too, he has a cannon.

Bootland, Filppula and Hudler was a terrific line last series. It has been rendered in-effective in this series. Maybe Ireland should go back to the lines he used in the season with Manlow, Mcdonell and Hudler, ect... That line produced quite often. Spread the talent a little bit, the Ads can't shut down 2 or 3 dangerous lines.

I certainly hope I can go to game 5 as well!

#26 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:09 PM

Man the Griffins need to wisen up a bit.

They storm back from down 3-1 in the first to tie it up at 4 with mere seconds remaining in the 2nd on a 5min PP and promptly give up a shorty 20 seconds into the 3rd to fall back down 4-5.

I realize they need to play catch up, but they keep digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole.

Flapjack seems on fire tonight with 2G 1A already.

Posted Image

#27 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:18 PM

Ugh, they come back from 4-1 down to tie it up in the second but promptly give up a shorthander in the third. Lame.

Howard has already seen 40 shots, no idea how he's playing. I think fatigue has caught up to him, he's not used to playing all these games in a row.

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

#28 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:39 PM

And that's all she wrote for the Griffins... 4-5 in game 4 to lose by the sweep.

Posted Image

#29 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

Fooooooooooook.

Would've been a great comeback had they won. I think the series against the Moose took a lot out of them. They never even got a chance to catch their breath and boom they were in this series. The Admirals goalie was very good. Oh well, pack it up and move on.

#30 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:18 AM

I gotta give the Griffs props for a GREAT season and good playoff run. They were awesome all year long. They may be out but they are still one hell of a team.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#31 ladystanley

ladystanley

GO WINGS!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 810 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:07 AM

Waahhh...no more hockey butbut.gif
~C19 Forever~

#32 BadAndy

BadAndy

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:18 AM

That really sucks.

The Griffins gave me some of the best Hockey I have seen this year!

The OT and Shoot-out wins, the amazing game 7 comeback!

All in all a very good year. I think I made it to about 25 Regular season games, and I only missed 1 game in the playoffs(at home). They have been a tremendous team this year. I am seriously considering getting season tickets for next year.

I think not having a break in between the series with the Moose wore them down and put them out. The Moose really took it to the Griffs, and they gave it all they had in game 7 to reach the conference finals.

I certainly hope the Ads go on to win it, they obviously played the best hockey.

Stupid short handed goals!

Edited by BadAndy, 25 May 2006 - 05:19 AM.

#33 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

Unfortunately no game 5. Griffs get swept. Well at least they made it to the conference finals.

#34 Coyote0106

Coyote0106

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:56 AM

I have seen some of the best games this season, and one hell of a great year. I think I went to all but 5 or 6 home games, met some awesome people, even a couple from this board. Now the offseason is going to start, & I am going to be reading headline after headline, trying to figure out what player will end in GR.

& I hope Hershey/Portland smokes the Ads. Louis Robitaille (hershey) was probably my favorite person to heckle. He would react to every comment I yelled.

& on my final note,

Hey Tootoo, YOU SUCK.
When life passes you by, downshift.
Go Griffins!

#35 BadAndy

BadAndy

Prospect

• 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(Coyote0106 @ May 25, 2006 - 09:56AM) View Post

I have seen some of the best games this season, and one hell of a great year. I think I went to all but 5 or 6 home games, met some awesome people, even a couple from this board. Now the offseason is going to start, & I am going to be reading headline after headline, trying to figure out what player will end in GR.

& I hope Hershey/Portland smokes the Ads. Louis Robitaille (hershey) was probably my favorite person to heckle. He would react to every comment I yelled.

& on my final note,

Hey Tootoo, YOU SUCK.

I sat behind you most of the year, and i would crack up every time you would yell "HEY <insert player>, YOU SUCK!"

Just cracked me up...