• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Future Wings D

Rate this topic

The prospect of no Lids Schinds and Chelly by 2010 is very real, so what will the D look like by then?

Going by guys in our system and prospects I see it looking like this.

Kronwall 6'0" 195lb

Qunicey 6'2" 215lb

Kindl 6'3" 202lb

Blatak 6'1" 190lb

Lebda 5'9" 195lb

Kolosov 6'4" 203lb

Ericsson 6'5" 205lb

Seluyanov 6'2" 189lb

May 6'2" 185lb

I think we may have 4 of these guys playing big minutes on the Wings bluelineby then with Kronwall and Kindl being in the elite bracket for the leagues point scorer's. Lebda could be up there if he continues the way he's going. Which one on the list is going to be the surprise package? I'm going for either May or Kolosov to be the big gritty D man we haven't had since Vladdy.

Lebda, Kindl, Kronwall, and Quincey should all easiely be part of our defensive corps by 2010...

To go with them we may Lilja, and maybe even (doubtful) Lidstrom.

These four plus either of those possible two, along with the addition of a free agent should have our defence running very nicely for years to come.

Edited by cap20066

I think Kindl and Quincey will be good.

Kronwall for sure.

Kolosov is the most interesting wildcard of the bunch though.

That he is. Big, mobile, and mean. Needs to get more comfortable with the puck though, from what I've heard.

I was meaning to catch a RoughRider game some time this season when they came to town but I never got around to it (did catch the Griffins coming through). If he's still in the USHL next season I'll definitely try to sneak a peak at the schedule to see when they come through. Though with him needing to be signed I'm not sure whether they'll move him up to Toledo or not, but they could just do what they did with Kindl and sign him and then likely keep him in Juniors anyway.

I highly doubt that as many as four guys from that list will all be on the Wings' blueline. Too much happens in four years. Guys get traded, let go, the team will have chances to acquire other d-men in a trade or as a free agent.

Of that list, guys who will probably be in the NHL by 2010 are Kronwall, Lebda, Quincey, and Kindl. Kolosov and Ericsson have a shot. Whether they will be in Wings' uniforms remains to be seen.

Anyone get the feeling that Kindl is another Schneider? His strength is obviously his offensive ability and his skating, but his main weakness according to most sites is that he is prone to giveaways, and his decision making can be patchy. Obviously has immense upside but to me it sounds as though we have another Schneider on our hands.

Out of all the Dmen listed only kindl and kronwall have the potential to be 1-2 everyone else is 5-6 dmen.

I think Quincey has top 4 potential.

Anyone get the feeling that Kindl is another Schneider? His strength is obviously his offensive ability and his skating, but his main weakness according to most sites is that he is prone to giveaways, and his decision making can be patchy. Obviously has immense upside but to me it sounds as though we have another Schneider on our hands.

Ah yeah, doesn't have to be a problem though. Pair him with someone like Quincey and it should work out.

Kindl said at the beginning of the year he wanted to put up points and that he did. I thought he did great. He bounced back from a absymal season the year before, and finished in the top five in points.

I thought this was kind of interesting.

He was the only defenseman in the top 5 in points that had a positive +/- (+7), besides McNeill (+26) who was in his third OHL season.

Beside Kindl, the other four in top five were Canadian, and had more OHL experience (except Sanguinetti)

He has alot of time to work on the decision making. I am trying to avoid the feeling he is another Schneider.

He'll get better and give the puck away less as he gains more experience.

Anyone getting a little bit excited about Miroslav Blatak? He’s already 24 but appears to be developing quite nicely. He’s a fine offensive defenseman who stands at 6’0 although the major concern is his lack of strength. According to Red Wings Central if he fails to become stronger he will be released. But I think if he can overcome this obstacle he could be a good player for Detroit. He has 7 points and 16 PIM’s in 16 games in the Swedish League.

Well so far this year the big plus for the Wings has to be the step

that Ericsson has made to the GR roster. Org a winger the kid has

adapted very well to the blueline and is filling out nicely too. Could

he become Nik jnr future partner? maybe he just might surprise us.

2009?

Kronvall Ericsson

Kindl Quincey

Lebda May

7th from

Kolosov Stamler

Pyett.

Sure is a pity that Fisch is missing from the list.

At the end of the season we have to see how these players have developed. The one thing I have noticed, is the size of these kids, it is starting to look like an NHL D-line. Hopefully their talent will grow too. Unfortunately we all know not all these kids will be in the NHL. Some due to injuries and some due to the lack of talent. If the Wings could at least see 3 to 4 that would be fantastic. If by some miracle all of them develop, we have to give credit to the scouting staff and yes my friends even to the infamous Kenny Holland. Who would have thought the man could draft size and grit? :yowza: