Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

I like Emrick much better!

#2 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,355 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:49 PM

Definately Gary Thorne and Bill Clement with Barry Melrose of course! biggrin.gif I miss those days. sad.gif

#3 UnderPressure

UnderPressure

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

Same here. I don't know the status of Thorne's contract with ESPN, but I really wish it was over so NBC could've hired him.

#4 Vladdycupwinner

Vladdycupwinner

Long live Dino

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:50 AM

I hate Thorne and Clement [well hate them all in the poll but lesser of two evils I guess] Also I can not stand Barry Melrose.It is like he is still bitter about not coaching the wings when Bowman came around.My 2 cents

#5 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

JD is the new Blues GM so who will replace him. I like Thorne and Clement and Melrose better.

#6 agdomain

agdomain

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:11 PM

I like the Doc and JD. I was a huge fan of the NHL on FOX back in the mid 90's, and grew accustomed to Emrick's voice. I also liked when Sam Rosen or Kenny Albert would pair up with Joe Micheletti too, but that's another poll altogether...

#7 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:36 AM

Please don't say nice things about Kenny Alberts. He almost as obnoxious as Mike Emrick. tongue.gif

They're both morons in their own special ways, but Thorne has got a great voice and he knows how to use it. Clement is... Clement.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#8 Yzerman#19

Yzerman#19

Neon Knight

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:52 AM

Thorne is a old fool who can't even get players right half the time and can bearly keep up with the game.

Clement is just an arrogant ass who's in love with the sound of his own voice.

Melrose sucks & is pretty much an ass, but unlike Clement, Melrose knows deep down he's an ass.

Smith sucks too. No style. Boring speaker. One of the lamest sports talking heads ever.

Edited by Yzerman#19, 07 July 2006 - 03:53 AM.

"A connecting principle linked to the invisible. Almost imperceptible, something inexpressible. Science insusceptible. Logic so inflexable. Causally connectible. Yet nothing is invincible."

#9 Copenhagen848

Copenhagen848

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

I absolutely HATE Gary Thorne and don't like Clement much better. Thorne is the most biased, Colorado loving jerk I've ever seen!

Edited by Copenhagen848, 09 July 2006 - 03:10 PM.

#10 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:29 AM

Voted the ESPN-ABC crew. I miss those dudes too.
Gary Thorne brings so much energy to a game when he's calling it. I was watching the baseball game he was calling and I was like "Damn, his talent is wasted here. I wish he was calling hockey games."

Edited by auxlepli, 05 October 2006 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users