• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

St Louis?

Rate this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=roto...owire&type=lgns

Okay I know he has a hefty contract and I know there would be more to work out beyond this, but could we make a move for a much needed right winger?

I know they want a goaltender, perhaps a sign and trade with Manny?

Or maybe we can unload Pavel, who is worthless in the playoffs for a right winger counterpart in St. Louis.

I know they are in alot of cap trouble because of the Richards contract, so odds are we would have to sweeten the deal.

Here is my concept, Pavel, Manny, and some other players for St Louis, maybe Grahame, or maybe Modin or Vinnie. Wingers for the win!

Or if they don't want a center maybe we can move a Maltby or picks or something and then move a Lang and/or Pavel for something else in a seperate trade.

The major goals in my mind are to dump Pavel this year, maintain the majority of our youthful players, and make the cap situation no worse. If I was around I'd think Tampa would be a a major target for a trade partner.

Edited by Majsheppard

Apart from getting a #1 netminder, the next thing would to be a big powerforward to play on Dats line. St.Louis is a good player no doubt, but I don't bye into the idea of swapping him for Dats would be an upgrade on the Wings. Now if you get ARTYUKHIN, EVGENY from Tampa

for Pavel's line for Williams or like, that would help the team.

Apart from getting a #1 netminder, the next thing would to be a big powerforward to play on Dats line. St.Louis is a good player no doubt, but I don't bye into the idea of swapping him for Dats would be an upgrade on the Wings. Now if you get ARTYUKHIN, EVGENY from Tampa

for Pavel's line for Williams or like, that would help the team.

Artyukhin is pretty overrated around here, St. Louis is a player the Wings could use. He's fast, clutch and produces in the playoffs all by himself regardless of how small he is.

Artyukhin is pretty overrated around here, St. Louis is a player the Wings could use. He's fast, clutch and produces in the playoffs all by himself regardless of how small he is.

Getting a young (read cheap) beast like Artyukhin is about the only incentive to taking on $6M/yr for the next 5 years St. Louis. Taking on Marty would be doing the Bolts a favor.

Getting a young (read cheap) beast like Artyukhin is about the only incentive to taking on $6M/yr for the next 5 years St. Louis. Taking on Marty would be doing the Bolts a favor.

Granted, but it seems like people are expecting him to be an offensive force right from the get go.

I do not get why people think Datsyuk is any good. I would much rather get St Louis who is faster and can score better and has the same passing skill. He just doesn't have some of the moves. I would sacrifice that in the fact that Pavel will not be on this team next year more then likely, and Pavel will never drive us to a championship.

Wouldn't you much rather see Zetter and St Louis with a quality left winger, possibly Modin? Maybe even Vinnie?

Something has to be done, we need speed and Wingers. This seems like a strong step in the right direction.

The 6m a year might seem like alot but if we dropped Malts and Pavels Salaries it wouldn't be a severe strain.

More room for youngsters to come up, and a possible All star that could be trade worthy down the line.

Edited by Majsheppard

Okay we all heard that we could have traded Pavel for Joe Thorton when it looked like we couldn't sign him.

We apparently passed on it, and well it looks like San Jose made off with a steal.

I am saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Let us not keep making mistakes.

If we can make it happen, I'd love to see St Louis with the Wings. Because of Tampa's cap situation, I don't know how much (or how little) they'd want back. I would think they'd just want a bunch of prospects who are close (Hudler, Filppula, etc.) than someone who may be a vet but costs a lot. And I don't get all this sigh and trade stuff with Legace -- there are better, established No. 1 goalies that'll be on the market, so why settle for him? But St Louis is exactly the type of player Detroit needs and hasn't had in a long time. By the way, what's this about a Datsyuk for Thornton trade that was quashed?

Okay we all heard that we could have traded Pavel for Joe Thorton when it looked like we couldn't sign him.

We apparently passed on it, and well it looks like San Jose made off with a steal.

I am saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Let us not keep making mistakes.

Just where, exactly, would you have found the cap space for Thornton? We only had enough to sign Dats and Zata. If you take Thornton's 5.5m salary instead of Dats' 3.9...then we end up with less than a million to offer Zetterberg. Either that, or we deal off Lang for next to nothing to get back under the cap.

I never thought about it before but that would be a great right winger for detroit & it would help us alot , i have the trade that could work Lang & manny for St Louis & Grahame , then tarde grahme & someone else for a better goalie , now i think that could work well.

i have the trade that could work Lang & manny for St Louis & Grahame , then tarde grahme & someone else for a better goalie , now i think that could work well.

haha. That was funny.

You were kidding right?

Just where, exactly, would you have found the cap space for Thornton? We only had enough to sign Dats and Zata. If you take Thornton's 5.5m salary instead of Dats' 3.9...then we end up with less than a million to offer Zetterberg. Either that, or we deal off Lang for next to nothing to get back under the cap.

One Pavel was not even under contract the time. Two I am sure then others were also not. Third, someone would have more then likely been traded as well. Lang might very well have been traded, and maybe that is what would have happened. I am just saying we heard the rumors and I think we missed something there.

Zetter and Joe as the top two centers would have made for a far better two some then Lang and Pavel .

Now maybe we have a shot at Zetter and St Louis I would love to see that, if only until the trade deadline.

Thornton > dats + lang.....

id maybe consider dats for st louis but the problem with that is st louis is signed for another 4-5 yrs i belive so if he goes down hill so do we

shanahan lang st louis

langenbrunner zetterberg holmstrom

samuelsson hudler williams

maltby draper franzen

cleary

thats how id do it if we got st louis , probably try and trade maltby though hes makin too much for a 4th liner , same as draper but he brings alot to the table