• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Ruslan Salei Offically on the market.

Rate this topic

The Ducks, meanwhile, will probably let unrestricted free agents Ruslan Salei and Jeff Friesen test the market. Salei, a 31-year-old defenseman, is seeking a three-year contract above his 2005-06 salary of $1.824 million.

"I told him, 'There's no hard feelings. Go see if you can get it,' " Burke said.

Dump Schneider, sign Salei to a 3 year 9m deal. Sounds good to me, will give Kronner and Lebda a chance to show they can more than fill the offensive void left by Schneider.

How about this exchange with the Ducks;

Osgood Lilja Maltby& Lang for Giguere Salei & Penner.

No, well it be worth a shot.

That is the most lopsided trade in the Wings' favor that ive seen in quite a while!

well ya never know unless ya try Lou!!

Don't ya think they'll buy that in Disneyland then?

Who else can we throw in then?

No need to trade for Salei, he is UFA. I'd do Datsyuk, Liv and pick for Giguere, O'Brian and Penner. Not sure if Burke would, probably not.

well ya never know unless ya try Lou!!

Don't ya think they'll buy that in Disneyland then?

Who else can we throw in then?

Not a chance! Theres just no balance in that deal you proposed, Wings get the edge in every area!

Giguere > Osgood (clearly...)

Salei > Lilja (WAY better)

Penner > Lang (leaps and bounds better when factoring in age, salary, and potential)

And in no way, shape, or form, does the addition of Kirk Maltby going their way even come close to balancing everything out.

Ducks wont trade Penner to us anyway by the way, and as Barnes mentioned Salei is a FA so no need to trade for him.

I've been wanting Salei on the Wings for a while now, i can definately see Holland going for him.

No need to trade for Salei, he is UFA. I'd do Datsyuk, Liv and pick for Giguere, O'Brian and Penner. Not sure if Burke would, probably not.

I would love to get O'brian, he had a huge year in the Ahl and he is definately going to be a good player in the Nhl.

I've been wanting Salei on the Wings for a while now, i can definately see Holland going for him.

I would love to get O'brian, he had a huge year in the Ahl and he is definately going to be a good player in the Nhl.

Hatch, what do you think of O'Brian's potential? Sarich/Mitchell/Witt type?

Barnsey-

I for one love O'Brien. He's big and mean, where do the Ducks find these guys?? :huh: For me a successful summer will be either Salei or Witt and a Sarich on defense (Or similiar type guys) a Bootland/ Kopecky reunion in the NHL, another physical forward and a speedy winger. I'm not as crazy about overpaying for a goalie as others, I think that if the Wings had a few big defensmen who tied up forwards in front of the net, and gave opposing forwards sonething to think about, they can get by with decent cheaper goaltending. I'd prefer to see a Howard step up in TC, I'm not sold on any of the goalies out there

Edited by Barnes52

Barnsey-

I for one love O'Brien. He's big and mean, where do the Ducks find these guys?? :huh: For me a successful summer will be either Salei or Witt and a Sarich on defense (Or similiar type guys) a Bootland/ Kopecky reunion in the NHL, another physical forward and a speedy winger. I'm not as crazy about overpaying for a goalie as others, I think that if the Wings had a few big defensmen who tied up forwards in front of the net, and gave opposing forwards sonething to think about, they can get by with decent cheaper goaltending. I'd prefer to see a Howard step up in TC, I'm not sold on any of the goalies out there

I've kept my eye on O'Brien for a while now. He is an interesting prospect indeed. From what I've heard he is ready to make the jump.

I think Detroit needs a new goalie. Howard simply isn't ready yet. Luongo would be great, but if Kenny decides to upgrade the defense I think Biron would do fine. I feel confident that Witt will stay in Nashville, but I'm a huge fan of Sarich's. I'm also certain that Detroit will take a long hard look at Salei. I'm all for a Bootland/Kopecky/Franzen line next season!

Edited by RyanBarnes!

Hatch, what do you think of O'Brian's potential? Sarich/Mitchell/Witt type?

He has the mean streak of a Witt type player but he also has great mobility for a big defenseman which allows him to join the rush and chip in offensively. If i was to choose a player that he has the potential to be i would say he could be a more defensively sound Jovo. He should be with the Ducks full time next season so it will be interesting to see if he can take his game to the next level, he is an intriguing prospect indeed.

He has the mean streak of a Witt type player but he also has great mobility for a big defenseman which allows him to join the rush and chip in offensively. If i was to choose a player that he has the potential to be i would say he could be a more defensively sound Jovo. He should be with the Ducks full time next season so it will be interesting to see if he can take his game to the next level, he is an intriguing prospect indeed.

Oh I loved Jovanovski when he was more of a defensive defenseman back in Florida. He used his body a lot more then.

I've kept my eye on O'Brien for a while now. He is an interesting prospect indeed. From what I've heard he is ready to make the jump.

I think Detroit needs a new goalie. Howard simply isn't ready yet. Luongo would be great, but if Kenny decides to upgrade the defense I think Biron would do fine. I feel confident that Witt will stay in Nashville, but I'm a huge fan of Sarich's. I'm also certain that Detroit will take a long hard look at Salei. I'm all for a Bootland/Kopecky/Franzen line next season!

The only issue I have for Detroit paying up for a goalie is that Holland may then say "we're done" can't afford any more upgrades and roll the dice with what they have plus the new goalie. I can actually see that happening

The only issue I have for Detroit paying up for a goalie is that Holland may then say "we're done" can't afford any more upgrades and roll the dice with what they have plus the new goalie. I can actually see that happening

I hear you. Holland will focus on the goalie issue no question. That is pretty much a fact, since Legace was let go. I hope he can at least sign/trade for a defensive defenseman if Detroit gets Luongo. Preferably Sarich. Luongo, Sarich, Bootland and Kopecky would be great additions in my opinion.

Oh I loved Jovanovski when he was more of a defensive defenseman back in Florida. He used his body a lot more then.

Yeah same here, he doesn't play anywhere near as physical now as he did then, right now he isn't worth his asking price IMO.

Yeah same here, he doesn't play anywhere near as physical now as he did then, right now he isn't worth his asking price IMO.

He changed his game in the Western conference. How much is he asking for? All his injuries make him a bit of a gamble, should lower his pricetag a bit.

I have the same feeling about that. Thats why i would rather Holland left Loungo alone and went with the cheaper option of Biron and then used the extra cash to put a couple of big D men in front of him.

He changed his game in the Western conference. How much is he asking for? All his injuries make him a bit of a gamble, should lower his pricetag a bit.

I heard he is asking in the region of $5-7 million, way over what i think he is actaully worth.

I have the same feeling about that. Thats why i would rather Holland left Loungo alone and went with the cheaper option of Biron and then used the extra cash to put a couple of big D men in front of him.

I heard he is asking in the region of $5-7 million, way over what i think he is actaully worth.

No kidding. No more than $5 M, and even that is stretching it. Defense is in demand though.

Toronto will pay it, they need a defenseman in the now likelihood McCabe walks

Makes sense. Which would improve Detroit's chances of signing McKee, in case he decides to test the market. :yowza:

Lidstrom/McKee

Kronwall/Sarich

Chelios/Lilja/Lebda

:hehe:

Salei will get a long hard look from Detroit. I'd be surprised if they didn't sign him. Dumping Schneider would be nice, then Detroit could afford Sarich as well.

Id love to see us ship schneider somewhere, and welcome salei and Sarich in..can you imagine that?

Lidstrom-Sarich

Kronwall-Salei

Chelios-Lebda

Lilja(although Id liek to see him traded somewhere)

Makes sense. Which would improve Detroit's chances of signing McKee, in case he decides to test the market. :yowza:

Lidstrom/McKee

Kronwall/Sarich

Chelios/Lilja/Lebda

:hehe:

Now thats a D!!! :thumbup: