• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

Timothy: U-M will not lose all 3 to MSU/OSU/ND. You keep dreaming. I say 2 out of 3.

Now that I've been looking at Big Ten teams more since the season is getting closer I personally think Iowa could end up 12-0. They got a easy non conference shedule, miss PSU/MSU, and plays OSU at night in Iowa. Only hard away game is at the Big House.

Timothy: U-M will not lose all 3 to MSU/OSU/ND. You keep dreaming. I say 2 out of 3.

Now that I've been looking at Big Ten teams more since the season is getting closer I personally think Iowa could end up 12-0. They got a easy non conference shedule, miss PSU/MSU, and plays OSU at night in Iowa. Only hard away game is at the Big House.

We'll see when michigan state plays at michigan.

I will throw this team out there as a surprise team just so you know what to look for. Northwestern. Losing their head coach brings the team together and this team becomes the talk of the Big Ten. Look for them to be 7-1 when they play at Michigan. 8-4 this year with losses to Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, and your pick of Penn State/Wisconsin.

94 Colorado @ Michigan on ESPN Classic right now....I was 8 years old when I was at this game so it's funny that I remember some of the plays...and obviously the last one.

Ugh. I watched that game with my dad on TV. I was 12. I distinctly remember him predicting Michigan would blow it because their idea of running out the clock was three straight plunges right up the middle, which of course gained a grand total of two yards and forced a punt. He's always been pretty frustrated watching that kind of game management.

Also: Florida State can suck it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Down with the Criminoles.

Ugh. I watched that game with my dad on TV. I was 12. I distinctly remember him predicting Michigan would blow it because their idea of running out the clock was three straight plunges right up the middle, which of course gained a grand total of two yards and forced a punt. He's always been pretty frustrated watching that kind of game management.

Also: Florida State can suck it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Down with the Criminoles.

Sounds like my dad...I thought he was personally going to drive to Ann Arbor a few times last season to kick Carr's ass.

And I concur with your Florida State sentiments.

I grew up a Michigan fan, could sing Hail to the Victors when I was six years old, still am and will always be a Michigan fan....and I hate Florida State even more than Ohio State.

I lost my hate for Florida when Steve Spurrier left. Miami...criminals, mostly. But nothing - not scarlet and gray, Yankee pinstripes, cheeseheads, or turnip sweaters, nothing - has me rooting as hard against anyone as I do against FSU.

If I had to like a Flordia team it would be Flordia. HATE Miami..they produce good pros, but they're all the same. All are headcases, arrogant, and when they're not on the field most likely in jail. (See Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, ect)

FSU is almost the same. The have no disipline. It pretty much takes a player to be put on death row for Bowden to finally give them a "harsh" punishment

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Rankings/Coaches.htm

Pre-season Coaches top-25 rankings.

Big 10 notables....Ohio State is numero uno, Michigan is 15th, Iowa 17th, and Penn St 19th. Minnesota and Purdue and Northwestern have a few votes for rank as well. Michigan State has zip, which kinda surprised me.

My school is ranked 21st and LSU is 9th. :beerbuddy:

If I had to like a Flordia team it would be Flordia. HATE Miami..they produce good pros, but they're all the same. All are headcases, arrogant, and when they're not on the field most likely in jail. (See Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, ect)

FSU is almost the same. The have no disipline. It pretty much takes a player to be put on death row for Bowden to finally give them a "harsh" punishment

Bobby Bowden thinks a half-game suspension is a harsh punishment.

:yowza: Collge football is my favorite sport. This is one of those years where there is not Miami or USC favorite. Should be a great season with a lot of good games.

IPB Image

GO IRISH!!!!!

If Notre Dame makes it through the first few games, they have a shot at running the table.

I think this will be one of the roughest years for UofM in a while. I also think if ol Llyod doesn't win at least 8 games, he's going to be fired. I always root for UofM when they're not playing ND.

MSU will suck, they'll most likely win 6 maybe 7 games.

If Notre Dame makes it through the first few games, they have a shot at running the table.

I think this will be one of the roughest years for UofM in a while. I also think if ol Llyod doesn't win at least 8 games, he's going to be fired. I always root for UofM when they're not playing ND.

ND has a tough trip to the west coast to end the season. While I predict ND will beat michigan, ND is not going to go to the championship game. Ohio State and West Virigina will play for the national title.

:MSU will suck, they'll most likely win 6 maybe 7 games.

Hmm lets see...

Idaho

Eastern Michigan

@ Pittsburgh

Notre Dame

Illinois

@ Michigan

Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Indiana

Purdue

Minnesota

@ Penn State

Wins: Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Pittsburgh, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue

Losses: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State

Yup 6 wins. MSU always does well in the beginning but struggles when they have to play tough Big Ten teams like Indiana. I am still however prediciting that MSU will beat Michigan this year.

Edited by timothy1997

ND has a tough trip to the west coast to end the season. While I predict ND will beat michigan, ND is not going to go to the championship game. Ohio State and West Virigina will play for the national title.

Hmm lets see...

Idaho

Eastern Michigan

@ Pittsburgh

Notre Dame

Illinois

@ Michigan

Ohio State

@ Northwestern

@ Indiana

Purdue

Minnesota

@ Penn State

Wins: Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Pittsburgh, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue

Losses: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota, Penn State

Yup 6 wins. MSU always does well in the beginning but struggles when they have to play tough Big Ten teams like Indiana. I am still however prediciting that MSU will beat Michigan this year.

I also think MSU could beat UofM. They haven't done that since the clock fiasco. MSU is due for a W against the Wolverines. I

i think msu will be a little better then teams expect. i think they have a solid shot at beating notre dame, michigan, and ohio st. drew stanton is an good qb and can throw the ball really well. notre dame's defense is about as good the last crap i took today. michigan's defense is not that great either, and with ohio state at home could create problems for the bucks.

but my prediction this year for the big ten will be this. if ohio st makes it through the first 5 games they won't be stopped. yes they still have michigan in november but i see the maize and blue going home black and blue after that one. iowa will be a good team and i think they will finish 2nd. i would have to say michigan would be 3rd or 4th depending how penn st recovers this year. but watch this year penn st's defense will be better then what people think it will be.

nationally i think west virginia is a year away from running the tables. usc can go back to the bcs game with the defense they have this year. texas will be good but not top 5 good. auburn or florida will win the sec this year. lastly in the acc i'm going with clemson as the winner. i think the title game will have ohio st vs auburn or usc

two teams to look out for is cal and louisville

I think MSU will be better then expected as well. They can play with anyone, they just choke. But if the injury bug hits them (like U-M last year) MSU will be done. They have no depth what so ever.

U-M's D will suprise people this year. New coach, and schemes with majority of players returning. There are rumors they may start the year out with a 4-2-5