• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

You know what I love? Every single news story about Clarett shows his mug shots (he's got quite a collection these days), him in orange jumpsuits, huge bail numbers, etc. etc.....and then they usually show him in his playing days in an Ohio State uniform :lol: Love the association. It's no wonder OSU fans try their damndest to disown him....it's going to be hard for the rest of the world to shake the link.

I need to go back and find that ESPN The Mag article on him. Big ol' feature they did a couple years back. I think I still have it. I'm such a packrat for magazines and whatnot.

We have the same thing with Webber though. I think I have that ESPN mag with Clarett in it too. What was it called.. My Side?

We have the same thing with Webber though. I think I have that ESPN mag with Clarett in it too. What was it called.. My Side?

Pretty much the only people who remember that overturned SUV thing are MSU fans, and the only ones who even bring it up are the ones who think Michigan and MSU were founded for the sole purpose of playing basketball. It's not widely known across the country. Webber's most notorious for being unable to count timeouts, which is a far cry from handcuffs and bail that would break the NHL salary cap.

And yeah, I think the ESPN TM thing was called My Side. Interesting article on ESPN.com today as well. Clarett apparently called the ESPN writer who did a piece on him back in January (round the time of his mugging arrest), as well as a whole bunch of other people he knows, about two hours before his arrest. The conversation reads almost like a suicide note. Not that I'm implying that's what Clarett wanted to do, but it seemed like he was calling people he wanted to set the record straight with before something happened.

Pretty much the only people who remember that overturned SUV thing are MSU fans, and the only ones who even bring it up are the ones who think Michigan and MSU were founded for the sole purpose of playing basketball. It's not widely known across the country. Webber's most notorious for being unable to count timeouts, which is a far cry from handcuffs and bail that would break the NHL salary cap.

And yeah, I think the ESPN TM thing was called My Side. Interesting article on ESPN.com today as well. Clarett apparently called the ESPN writer who did a piece on him back in January (round the time of his mugging arrest), as well as a whole bunch of other people he knows, about two hours before his arrest. The conversation reads almost like a suicide note. Not that I'm implying that's what Clarett wanted to do, but it seemed like he was calling people he wanted to set the record straight with before something happened.

Wasnt the overturned SUV with Robert Tractor Trayler and Mo Taylor, not Webber and the Fab Five?

And by the way, it's one person. If there's any damning thing against Ohio State, its the we've had more future serial killers than any other university. Namely Jeffrey Dahmner(sp?), the dude who ate people. He actually lived in the same dorm that I did freshman year.

Which reminds me, anybody wanna come down to watch some football games and have some dinner?;)

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

You have to make the NFL before you can be the joke of it.

Dunno about that. I think the water bottle full of Grey Goose was enough to make Clarett the butt of many an NFL joke.

I still wonder how the dude expected to make an NFL team while chugging vodka in the weight room :nonono:

after watchin all the clips on clarett it does look bad that he's wearing an ohio st jersey. but ohio st got bashed a lot for kicking him off the team. i have to give tressel and osu credit for the way they handled the situation. i think if cooper was the coach he probably would of turned his head.

second thing i want to make a point on is where is jim brown???? if all of you remember he was the one running to his defense when ohio st suspended him. he always right on clarett's side and he bashed former ad geiger.

lastly i don't feel sorry for this kid. yeah he was a waste of talent and he took a terrible route in life. but he had so many second chances. when all the problems first started at ohio st all he had to do was tell the truth. but what did he do he lied. then he got his shot to make the nfl. what does he do he shows up fat and slow at the combine. lastly he could of made an arena football team, but instead he wants to go postal and carry 4 load guns in his car. it pisses me off to see a kid so much talent get so much attention then he turns out to be a terd. just put him in a cell next to mike tyson cause both of those athletes are mental cases.

Well, GVSU is my other favorite team, since I went there for undergrad.

If not, I'll go with Texas A&M, since I live down in Aggieland now.

I promise you, there is NOTHING like seeing a game at A&M. Its insane.

Well, GVSU is my other favorite team, since I went there for undergrad.

If not, I'll go with Texas A&M, since I live down in Aggieland now.

I promise you, there is NOTHING like seeing a game at A&M. Its insane.

I would have to say GVSU too since the football stadium is literally 1 minute from my house

i would still cheer on the toledo rockets but a bcs conf. team i would have to say uva. i hate viginia tech and their fans. they beat semi medocre teams and everyone gets on their nuts. but they are always pretty good at blowing 2 games before the season ends.

I've been hearing about the changes...How many new rules are there actually? Hopfully not letting Sun Belt refs in bowl games is one of them!

"I am appalled at the rule changes," said Oregon coach Mike Bellotti. "They are major and very severe and will change the game as we know it."

I concur. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...-08-clock_x.htm

Bulls*** rules, especially this one:

"When you kick the ball, (the clock) starts; kick it out of bounds with 8-10 seconds to go, the game's over," Penn State coach Joe Paterno said.

Talk about killing the excitement of having a kickoff with 10 seconds left...

I'm a U of M student and a member of the marching band. I think it'll be a much better year for us. We have a new defensive coordinator, Henne is another year older (and somehow learned to run during the Alamo Bowl??), Hart will be back, and this offseason Coach Carr really got on the linesman to trim down for the upcoming season. As long as we're faster, more disciplined (I think the new defensive coordinator will help with this...), and can avoid the injury bug, we'll have a much better season. I'd love to go back to the Rose Bowl, however wishful that thinking may be.

I can't wait to go to ND and OSU, those are gonna be two awesome games for us. MSU is here at the Big House, and I have no reason to believe that we'll lose to them. :-)

Another team I'd really watch out for this year is Penn State...they did a lot of great things this past season, and what a game we had against them. Arguably the best I've seen in my 3 years at U of M. Going out there will be a tough game for us, those fans are brutal.

Bulls*** rules, especially this one:

Talk about killing the excitement of having a kickoff with 10 seconds left...

wouldn't that be the same as a defensive penalty? The game couldn't end on that play, the kicking team would get (I think) 15 yards from where the ball went out of bounds and then the recieving team would have one free play with 0:00 on the clock for a hail mary.