• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

Didnt some guy just get arrested for standing out front of the Michigan Union with a baseball bat, yelling about Lloyd Carr?

Yeah. In other news, the Tigers beat the Yankees in the ALDS!!! :P

Guy's been convicted already. He was guilty of stalking or some kind of charge like that and was given probation. It wasn't the yelling - that's just what he happened to be doing when he was arrested - it was more the threatening emails.

Yeah. In other news, the Tigers beat the Yankees in the ALDS!!! :P

Guy's been convicted already. He was guilty of stalking or some kind of charge like that and was given probation. It wasn't the yelling - that's just what he happened to be doing when he was arrested - it was more the threatening emails.

I still can't believe I knew that guy's brother :crazy:

We're watching the OSU-Michigan game right now at the house...we like to pretend its the last game we played this season.

Haha! Yeah I know how you feel. I'm still pissed FLA beat the crap out of you guys. If the OSU team that played U-M wouuld have showed up against FLA it would have been a great game

This scares me...

University of Michigan defensive coordinator Ron English is interviewing for the Vikings vacancy today with coach Brad Childress, Adam Schein of Sirius NFL Radio reports. English was the defensive coordinator of the Wolverines last season, and he was the secondary coach for two seasons before that. He served as the secondary coach for the Seattle Seahawks in 2003. Schein said that English is the front-runner for the job, if they can agree to a contract. Last year, English agreed to become the Chicago Bears defensive backs coach, but backed out when Wolverines head coach Lloyd Carr offered him the defensive coordinator position. English is thought to be a potential replacement for Carr at Michigan. The timing of this is curious since National Signing Day is Wednesday. For instance, several high-profile high school students already have verbally committed to Michigan. In fact, Boubacar Cissoko, a junior at Detroit's Cass Tech High School, mentioned English by name in a recent report.

"Ron English said I could come in and have a chance to start," Cissoko told the Ann Arbor News. "I want a chance to play."

I hate when I-A teams play I-AA teams. The hell.

At least Appalachian State is the I-AA national champs.

I see some brilliant comments on the freep forums though:

it's reasons like this that MSU is the king of this state....OMG....APP STATE? typical michigan....dodging the big boys

What a tool.

I hate when I-A teams play I-AA teams. The hell.

At least Appalachian State is the I-AA national champs.

What a tool.

People who say were dodging the big boys are stupid. Were playing ND, and Oregon this year both teams will be ranked top 15. We had to take App State because no other teams would play. It was supose to be Vandy again, but they wanted a home and home so they cancelled last minute. Then it was going to be Hawiai, but they didn't want travel half way across the world and probably get killed (plus screw Colt Brennens Heisman chances) If FLA can go to a NC game by playing two I-AA schools I think it shouldn't hurt that bad considering the Big 10 will be better next year, and like I posted above we play Oregon/ND.

Plus there are rumors floating around were trying to do a home and home with Georgia after the ND contract runs out (2010 I believe) That would awesome!

What a tool.

Heres one I found on Mlive....

This further proves in just a few years Dantonio will be at the top of the Big Ten. Even OSU will have trouble keeping up with us.

Remember: We are Spartans, and meant to be on top

Give me a break........

People who say were dodging the big boys are stupid. Were playing ND, and Oregon this year both teams will be ranked top 15. We had to take App State because no other teams would play. It was supose to be Vandy again, but they wanted a home and home so they cancelled last minute. Then it was going to be Hawiai, but they didn't want travel half way across the world and probably get killed (plus screw Colt Brennens Heisman chances) If FLA can go to a NC game by playing two I-AA schools I think it shouldn't hurt that bad considering the Big 10 will be better next year, and like I posted above we play Oregon/ND.

If ND gets in the top 15, it will be solely because they're ND and the media loves them every year no matter how bad they are. I haven't heard anything about Oregon being top 15 either. Oregon State is ranked, according to this pre-pre-pre season top 25

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6376944

It's a weak non-conference schedule, oh yeah, and UM has 8 home games. Weak ;)

If ND gets in the top 15, it will be solely because they're ND and the media loves them every year no matter how bad they are. I haven't heard anything about Oregon being top 15 either. Oregon State is ranked, according to this pre-pre-pre season top 25

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6376944

It's a weak non-conference schedule, oh yeah, and UM has 8 home games. Weak ;)

U-M needs 8 home games in order to stay on budget with the new Big House plans. AD Bill Martin has publicty said that, and thats why U-M got App State because only a handful of teams would travel. Yes you're right ND will be top 15 just because they are called Notre Dame. Yes it's a joke, but thats how people treat ND.

New plans for the Big House....are they planning on adding any architecture to the inside that would make it the least bit interesting? Or just sticking with the 8 inch seats all around?

No. Renovations to the press box and probably some new luxury boxes, which the Big House has none of right now. The official capacity will expand to over 108,000, though I'm not sure how they'll claim that when they also plan to widen the seats and aisles. The outside will get a face lift, with some fakey-looking old-style architecture bits that are intended to make it look all classic and stuff. Me, I don't see the point, other than to rake in more cash from luxury suites.

Personally, I wish they'd just go the whole hog, use the already-installed foundations, and expand out to its intended full capacity of something like 160,000. Then build whatever around the outside, and add some echo walls over top or something.

Heres the plan

http://www.umich.edu/stadium/project-descr...on/designs.html

Personally I'm with Red...make that thing huge. Rumor is Kyle Field will expand to 120, 000 within in the next 15 years. Might as well make it huge right now so no other school flirts with the idea

I know the Aggies want to go over 100K, and they have the room, but it will be intersting to see if it ever happens. Aggies fear change, you should have seen all the people bitching about the new scoreboard that was put in this year.

Link

Curious to know what Michigan fans are thinking about Arrington not even being on the team next year? I think it hurts the WR group a ton. Manningham will surely be double covered and without Arrington, another WR has to step up for Michigan to win the Big Ten Title.