1295 replies to this topic

#21 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ June 19, 2006 - 06:08PM) View Post

I couldn't imagine the stress and excitment of watching OSU and U-M facing off both undefeated. I would do anything to see it no matter what the result was.

I remember when Michigan and Michigan State were undefeated. The hype was outrageous for the game. Magnify that by 10 million and you would have the ultimate game.

#22 darko99

darko99

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Notre Dame is looking for a slightly easier schedule in the coming years. The insanely hard schedule has caused much of the Irish's problems in the last 10 years. I doubt they add Ohio State to that schedule unless they're gonig to give up playing Florida State or Tenn on a regular basis.

I really hope ND goes undefeated. They came so close, how MSU and USC squeaked past them is beyond me. That ND/USC game is probably one of the top ten non-bowl games of all time.
user posted image

#23 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:24 PM

Last season's ND-USC game might the only time in my life I've rooted for ND...even when they play Michigan I'd just assume both lost. That game was absolutely incredible.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#24 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(darko99 @ June 20, 2006 - 07:21PM) View Post

If I'm not mistaken, Notre Dame is looking for a slightly easier schedule in the coming years. The insanely hard schedule has caused much of the Irish's problems in the last 10 years. I doubt they add Ohio State to that schedule unless they're gonig to give up playing Florida State or Tenn on a regular basis.

I really hope ND goes undefeated. They came so close, how MSU and USC squeaked past them is beyond me. That ND/USC game is probably one of the top ten non-bowl games of all time.

The schedule is not the problem, its mostly been coaching.

I'm sick of ND fans always mourning over their schedule. They want an easy schedule but at the same time they don't want to join a conference. Your going to have to choose one or the other. I don't think ND will go undefeated like many are predicting. They play Penn State, Geogia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, and USC to name some hard ones. If they do go undefeated Charlie Weiss is one of the best coaches ever.

It would be amazing to watch a 11-0 ND play a 11-0 USC going into the final week.

#25 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ June 21, 2006 - 03:39PM) View Post

The schedule is not the problem, its mostly been coaching.

I'm sick of ND fans always mourning over their schedule. They want an easy schedule but at the same time they don't want to join a conference. Your going to have to choose one or the other. I don't think ND will go undefeated like many are predicting. They play Penn State, Geogia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, and USC to name some hard ones. If they do go undefeated Charlie Weiss is one of the best coaches ever.

It would be amazing to watch a 11-0 ND play a 11-0 USC going into the final week.

Penn State and Ga Tech have proven nothing to me. They could very easily have a 7-4 just as likely as a 10-1 season. USC has the best WRs in the country with Jarrett and Steve Smith. They need a QB and running game. I think USC will be 9-2 at worst. Michigan State only plays ND tough in South Bend which is bad news bc this game is in East Lansing. I would find it hard to believe that Michigan wouldnt be undefeated, heading into that ND game and the wolverines should have a better season then last year. Bottom line. ND can get it done this year and I don't see any reason why they won't meet up with the Buckeyes in a rematch of last year's Fiesta Bowl, only in the National Championship Game this year.

#26 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

Two teams that I think could play in the N.C game this year that no one has talked about- Va Tech and LSU. I agree ND, OSU, and USC have great chances of going there, but I think VT/LSU could go as well. Florida too maybe, but you always lose a few games in the SEC.

#27 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

I dont see Virginia Tech doing it....I know Eddie Royal (he was friends with my g/f and high school) and Shawn Glendon (back up QB) and they said last year was their year and they didnt get it done. Plus VT usually chokes away a game or two.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 22 June 2006 - 08:50 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#28 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ June 22, 2006 - 08:35PM) View Post

Two teams that I think could play in the N.C game this year that no one has talked about- Va Tech and LSU. I agree ND, OSU, and USC have great chances of going there, but I think VT/LSU could go as well. Florida too maybe, but you always lose a few games in the SEC.

with all the good teams in the ACC, you always lose a few games in the ACC too. Va Tech can easily have a letdown against FSU or Miami.

#29 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:11 PM

Hey Hockeytown Red Wings- Do you go to OSU or are you just a huge fan? My couisin plays hockey for OSU.

#30 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ June 23, 2006 - 02:11PM) View Post

Hey Hockeytown Red Wings- Do you go to OSU or are you just a huge fan? My couisin plays hockey for OSU.

I go to OSU...and that's awesome, who's your cousin? I'm a huge OSU hockey fan.

#31 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ June 23, 2006 - 01:06PM) View Post

I go to OSU...and that's awesome, who's your cousin? I'm a huge OSU hockey fan.

Dan Knapp..its to bad he was hurt most of his senior season.

#32 Hockey0382

Hockey0382

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

mannysBETTER3434

ha ha va tech in the national championship game. are u serious???? they don't have an experienced qb and every year they are overrated. i can sum up a season for u with the hokies.
start off undefeated
about week 8 or 9 championship talk starts
about week 10 or 11 they choke and lose
then espn shuts up about them

#33 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:07 PM

Just found out I'm getting 4 tickets to the MSU/Ohio State game smile.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#34 Happy Pancake

Happy Pancake

Courage Wolf Inspires Howie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:14 AM

I just found out my sister's boyfriend is working out for OSU. crazy.gif

Edited by Happy Pancake, 25 June 2006 - 12:16 AM.

#35 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:56 AM

Good for him!

#36 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:03 AM

Northwestern Coach Randy Walker dead. 1954-2006.

#37 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ June 30, 2006 - 05:03AM) View Post

Northwestern Coach Randy Walker dead. 1954-2006.

yup just saw the article. Very sad.

#38 Hockey0382

Hockey0382

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

that's a damn shame. he was a good coach and my prayers go out to his family.

#39 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

Its a shame for Walker. Walker was a very good coach. He got by far the worst talent in the Big 10 every year, and yet NW still made bowls and could give every team in the leauge a run for its money. I always wondered what Walker could do with a team like MSU or Ill.

#40 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

I'll never forget that Michigan-Northwestern game from 5 years ago or so. Northwestern had it won then the guy drops that pass in the endzone. Then Michigan had it won and the A Train inconceivably fumbles with 70 yards of open field in front of him. And of course Northwestern ended with a touchdown with less than 30 seconds left. 54-50...what a classic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users