• Please log in to reply
1295 replies to this topic

#41 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:59 PM

I can remember that NW/U-M like it was yesterday. That was a knife in my heart, but it was a very good game now that you look back at it.

A-Train you had the game won!

#42 Hockey0382

Hockey0382

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:22 PM

yeah that was a great day to watch a michigan game even though i hate watchin carr crying to the refs.

#43 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

94 Colorado @ Michigan on ESPN Classic right now....I was 8 years old when I was at this game so it's funny that I remember some of the plays...and obviously the last one.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#44 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ July 19, 2006 - 02:21PM) View Post

94 Colorado @ Michigan on ESPN Classic right now....I was 8 years old when I was at this game so it's funny that I remember some of the plays...and obviously the last one.

Ahh, I was flipping channels and I screamed when I saw that....
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#45 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

I hated that game. I'm glad I can hardly remember it because I was about 7. The worst thing about the game is that Kordell Stewart threw it. GROSS!!

#46 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

As much as it pains me to say this (cuz im a U of M fan), Here are my rankings...

1. Notre Dame
2. Ohio State
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. LSU

Yeah I was watchin that the other day thumbdown.gif puke.gif

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#47 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(wingsdiehard13 @ July 23, 2006 - 08:00PM) View Post

As much as it pains me to say this (cuz im a U of M fan), Here are my rankings...

1. Notre Dame
2. Ohio State
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. LSU
Yeah I was watchin that the other day thumbdown.gif puke.gif

I agree with OSU/FLA/LSU, but Texas/ND I don't. Texas will most likely be starting a freshmen at QB, and ND is overated. Just because Quinn is back and fat Chuck is the coach everyone is in love with ND. Plus they play USC, Penn State, MSU, Michigan, and Georgia Tech.

#48 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:23 PM

#1 Ohio State
#2 Florida
#3 LSU
#4 Notre Dame
#5 Texas

Don't be surprised if USC plays better than people expect. Its the system..not the players that make the team good.

Also Oklahoma will be back this year. 1-2 loss year from that team.

And I predict that Michigan will have a strong season. No Big Ten title but a solid Capital One Bowl berth. 3 loss season for the wolverines. Ohio State, Notre Dame and Michigan State.

Edited by timothy1997, 25 July 2006 - 05:27 PM.

#49 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(timothy1997 @ July 25, 2006 - 06:23PM) View Post

And I predict that Michigan will have a strong season. No Big Ten title but a solid Capital One Bowl berth. 3 loss season for the wolverines. Ohio State, Notre Dame and Michigan State.

This is the year! tongue.gif : laugh.gif I'm not familiar with the MSU schedule this season, who does MSU lose to the week after they beat Michigan?

/said in a joking, sympathetic tone

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#50 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ July 25, 2006 - 09:14PM) View Post

This is the year! tongue.gif : laugh.gif I'm not familiar with the MSU schedule this season, who does MSU lose to the week after they beat Michigan?

/said in a joking, sympathetic tone

They go to Columbus, Ohio.

#51 Happy Pancake

Happy Pancake

Courage Wolf Inspires Howie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

I don't think Michigan is going to beat OSU this year...so to make myself feel better: Maurice Clarett on the fast track to jail. cool.gif

#52 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

Timothy: U-M will not lose all 3 to MSU/OSU/ND. You keep dreaming. I say 2 out of 3.

Now that I've been looking at Big Ten teams more since the season is getting closer I personally think Iowa could end up 12-0. They got a easy non conference shedule, miss PSU/MSU, and plays OSU at night in Iowa. Only hard away game is at the Big House.

#53 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(Happy Pancake @ July 26, 2006 - 02:06PM) View Post

I don't think Michigan is going to beat OSU this year...so to make myself feel better: Maurice Clarett on the fast track to jail. cool.gif

Somehow I dont think you'll be saying that around mid-November. tongue.gif

As for Clarett...remember, we hate him more than you do.

#54 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ July 26, 2006 - 02:27PM) View Post

Timothy: U-M will not lose all 3 to MSU/OSU/ND. You keep dreaming. I say 2 out of 3.

Now that I've been looking at Big Ten teams more since the season is getting closer I personally think Iowa could end up 12-0. They got a easy non conference shedule, miss PSU/MSU, and plays OSU at night in Iowa. Only hard away game is at the Big House.

We'll see when michigan state plays at michigan.

I will throw this team out there as a surprise team just so you know what to look for. Northwestern. Losing their head coach brings the team together and this team becomes the talk of the Big Ten. Look for them to be 7-1 when they play at Michigan. 8-4 this year with losses to Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, and your pick of Penn State/Wisconsin.

#55 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:04 PM

Ugh. I watched that game with my dad on TV. I was 12. I distinctly remember him predicting Michigan would blow it because their idea of running out the clock was three straight plunges right up the middle, which of course gained a grand total of two yards and forced a punt. He's always been pretty frustrated watching that kind of game management.

Also: Florida State can suck it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Down with the Criminoles.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#56 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ July 26, 2006 - 09:04PM) View Post

Ugh. I watched that game with my dad on TV. I was 12. I distinctly remember him predicting Michigan would blow it because their idea of running out the clock was three straight plunges right up the middle, which of course gained a grand total of two yards and forced a punt. He's always been pretty frustrated watching that kind of game management.

Also: Florida State can suck it. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Down with the Criminoles.

Sounds like my dad...I thought he was personally going to drive to Ann Arbor a few times last season to kick Carr's ass.

And I concur with your Florida State sentiments.

#57 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:35 PM

I agree with the FSU statment. I absolutley hate all 3 Flordia teams and ND

#58 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ July 27, 2006 - 03:35PM) View Post

I agree with the FSU statment. I absolutley hate all 3 Flordia teams and ND

there are 5 divison 1 teams. Florida, Florida State, Miami fla, UCF and USF

#59 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(timothy1997 @ July 27, 2006 - 03:56PM) View Post

We'll hate them too when they start winning BCS bowls.

#60 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(timothy1997 @ July 27, 2006 - 01:56PM) View Post

Yeah I know but do you think anyone cares about them? There like Western Michigan and Easten Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users