1295 replies to this topic

#1261 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ February 16, 2007 - 04:52PM) View Post

I hate when I-A teams play I-AA teams. The hell.

At least Appalachian State is the I-AA national champs.

I see some brilliant comments on the freep forums though:
What a tool.

People who say were dodging the big boys are stupid. Were playing ND, and Oregon this year both teams will be ranked top 15. We had to take App State because no other teams would play. It was supose to be Vandy again, but they wanted a home and home so they cancelled last minute. Then it was going to be Hawiai, but they didn't want travel half way across the world and probably get killed (plus screw Colt Brennens Heisman chances) If FLA can go to a NC game by playing two I-AA schools I think it shouldn't hurt that bad considering the Big 10 will be better next year, and like I posted above we play Oregon/ND.

Plus there are rumors floating around were trying to do a home and home with Georgia after the ND contract runs out (2010 I believe) That would awesome!

#1262 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ February 16, 2007 - 04:52PM) View Post

I see some brilliant comments on the freep forums though:
What a tool.

Heres one I found on Mlive....

This further proves in just a few years Dantonio will be at the top of the Big Ten. Even OSU will have trouble keeping up with us.

Remember: We are Spartans, and meant to be on top

Give me a break........

#1263 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

Oh noes the twelve year olds are out in full force, and they smell domination.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#1264 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:33 PM

Haha...we are playing Youngstown State who lost to Appalachain State in Semis. They'll be snoozers for sure.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#1265 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ February 16, 2007 - 04:14PM) View Post

People who say were dodging the big boys are stupid. Were playing ND, and Oregon this year both teams will be ranked top 15. We had to take App State because no other teams would play. It was supose to be Vandy again, but they wanted a home and home so they cancelled last minute. Then it was going to be Hawiai, but they didn't want travel half way across the world and probably get killed (plus screw Colt Brennens Heisman chances) If FLA can go to a NC game by playing two I-AA schools I think it shouldn't hurt that bad considering the Big 10 will be better next year, and like I posted above we play Oregon/ND.

If ND gets in the top 15, it will be solely because they're ND and the media loves them every year no matter how bad they are. I haven't heard anything about Oregon being top 15 either. Oregon State is ranked, according to this pre-pre-pre season top 25

http://msn.foxsports...b/story/6376944

It's a weak non-conference schedule, oh yeah, and UM has 8 home games. Weak wink.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#1266 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 16, 2007 - 03:33PM) View Post

Haha...we are playing Youngstown State who lost to Appalachain State in Semis. They'll be snoozers for sure.

Our crappy I-AA opponent is better than your crappy I-AA opponent tongue.gif
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#1267 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:44 PM

Haha, I knew that was coming.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#1268 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 16, 2007 - 07:44PM) View Post

Haha, I knew that was coming.

It's not a rivalry without games of silly one-upsmanship ph34r.gif
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#1269 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 16, 2007 - 08:27PM) View Post

If ND gets in the top 15, it will be solely because they're ND and the media loves them every year no matter how bad they are. I haven't heard anything about Oregon being top 15 either. Oregon State is ranked, according to this pre-pre-pre season top 25

http://msn.foxsports...b/story/6376944

It's a weak non-conference schedule, oh yeah, and UM has 8 home games. Weak wink.gif

U-M needs 8 home games in order to stay on budget with the new Big House plans. AD Bill Martin has publicty said that, and thats why U-M got App State because only a handful of teams would travel. Yes you're right ND will be top 15 just because they are called Notre Dame. Yes it's a joke, but thats how people treat ND.

#1270 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:05 PM

New plans for the Big House....are they planning on adding any architecture to the inside that would make it the least bit interesting? Or just sticking with the 8 inch seats all around?

#1271 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 17, 2007 - 10:05AM) View Post

New plans for the Big House....are they planning on adding any architecture to the inside that would make it the least bit interesting? Or just sticking with the 8 inch seats all around?

No. Renovations to the press box and probably some new luxury boxes, which the Big House has none of right now. The official capacity will expand to over 108,000, though I'm not sure how they'll claim that when they also plan to widen the seats and aisles. The outside will get a face lift, with some fakey-looking old-style architecture bits that are intended to make it look all classic and stuff. Me, I don't see the point, other than to rake in more cash from luxury suites.

Personally, I wish they'd just go the whole hog, use the already-installed foundations, and expand out to its intended full capacity of something like 160,000. Then build whatever around the outside, and add some echo walls over top or something.
Posted Image

#1272 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:05 PM

Heres the plan

http://www.umich.edu...on/designs.html

Personally I'm with Red...make that thing huge. Rumor is Kyle Field will expand to 120, 000 within in the next 15 years. Might as well make it huge right now so no other school flirts with the idea

#1273 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ February 17, 2007 - 02:05PM) View Post

Heres the plan

http://www.umich.edu...on/designs.html

Personally I'm with Red...make that thing huge. Rumor is Kyle Field will expand to 120, 000 within in the next 15 years. Might as well make it huge right now so no other school flirts with the idea

I know the Aggies want to go over 100K, and they have the room, but it will be intersting to see if it ever happens. Aggies fear change, you should have seen all the people bitching about the new scoreboard that was put in this year.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#1274 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 16, 2007 - 06:33PM) View Post

Youngstown State will be 1A in a couple years.

They are really only playing because of Tressel's roots back to Youngstown....
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#1275 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

Link

Curious to know what Michigan fans are thinking about Arrington not even being on the team next year? I think it hurts the WR group a ton. Manningham will surely be double covered and without Arrington, another WR has to step up for Michigan to win the Big Ten Title.

#1276 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 16 March 2007 - 01:33 PM.

#1277 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

Arrington is so frustrating. Ever since he came he has been flirting with disaster. I don't get it. Arrington has Braylon Edwards potential. If he would just concentrete on football he would be amazing. Butler's lose is the worst, because of the lack of TE depth, but I'm pretty sure he will be back because it wasn't police related, and he has never got into any other previous trouble. If Arrington doesn't return it would sting, but U-M has 5 WR's coming in this fall. One who is Steve Breaston's couisin, who sounds very promising. Plus they got Greg Mathews, a sophmore, who many think is the next Jason Avant.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 16 March 2007 - 01:36 PM.

#1278 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:24 AM

I'm looking forward to next season.

I guess I should expect this now, but on what I have read so far, is that my school will once again probably be one of the better non-BCS schools out there. There's a decent chance we might start the season ranked somewhere b/w 20-25, or just out of the top-25.

We play a game at Texas early and a lot of sources are saying that we could give them fits and actually have an outside chance of winning that game. If that happens, then the BCS talk could be starting, but I am nowhere near getting to that point b/c...

My school has a new starting QB...

Even though we stunned Oklahoma on their turf in 2005 to start the season when they were favored by at least 25 and finished that season 11-1, that was in September and we lost to an average SMU team next week to kiss any BCS chances adios.

Last season, we started it ranked and had a pretty impressive win over Texas Tech only giving them a field goal in the 3rd game last season and finished 11-2, people started talking about a possible BCS bid, but we lost our next two games to BYU (which didn't surprise me, they were going to be good this past season) and Utah (good team, but very bad loss on our part).

I might make the road trip to that game at UT in late September, it should be a lot of fun if I do go. I'm not expecting a win, but if we actually pull off the unthinkable again, no major BCS talk from me b/c it will still be way too early and running the table in the conference, I don't care if it's the Mountain West that we're in or the SEC or Big 10, is no guarantee at all.

#1279 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

AAAHHHH! Butler got in trouble again today for hurting someone on campus. What a joke! Good bye Butler.......

#1280 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

Butler, Richards, and Germany all kicked off the team today. Butler is the only one that stings. I'm glad Lloyd kicked them off the team though. Maybe they can transfer to Florida State, and get a million chances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users