1295 replies to this topic

#1281 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ March 24, 2007 - 02:34PM) View Post

Butler, Richards, and Germany all kicked off the team today. Butler is the only one that stings. I'm glad Lloyd kicked them off the team though. Maybe they can transfer to Florida State, and get a million chances.

From what I understand it was just a fight at a house....I mean, that should be disciplined for sure but kicking them off the team seems a little steep. There must be more to the story.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#1282 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

I'm surprised they're not getting the usual Lloyd Carr punishment, having to miss the first snap of the Appalachia State game wink.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#1283 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ March 24, 2007 - 03:09PM) View Post

I'm surprised they're not getting the usual Lloyd Carr punishment, having to miss the first snap of the Appalachia State game wink.gif

The "Lloyd Carr" Punishment? Usually he kicks them off the team almost right away (like this case). Which takes balls especially when you're a big college football program. Just because Carr gave Marlin Jackson a second chance doesn't mean he does that to all his players. Jackson got lucky, and should thank Carr....especially after winning a SB ring this year.

I give props to guys like Carr and Tressel (let 2 starting TE's go) for doing things like that.

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ March 24, 2007 - 02:57PM) View Post

From what I understand it was just a fight at a house....I mean, that should be disciplined for sure but kicking them off the team seems a little steep. There must be more to the story.

There kind of is. Germany came here from USC, where he got into some trouble there. So he knew he was on thin ice to begin with. Richards got into some trouble last season, but since Ron English is his godfather I think thats why he stayed on board. I have no clue with Butler...he must have done something stupid, because he's a key part to the team

#1284 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

Well it sounds like these guys have had their second chances then.

I just dont think you can give up on a college kid after one mistake. 18-20 year olds just arent that smart sometimes and make bad decisions. Everyone deserves a second chance, short of a serious crime of course. At the same time, I'm not condoning a Florida State type forgiveness.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#1285 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ March 24, 2007 - 05:36PM) View Post

Well it sounds like these guys have had their second chances then.

I just dont think you can give up on a college kid after one mistake. 18-20 year olds just arent that smart sometimes and make bad decisions. Everyone deserves a second chance, short of a serious crime of course. At the same time, I'm not condoning a Florida State type forgiveness.

I agree....I wouldn't do FSU treatment (although I can understand why Bowman does it), but I think a 2 strike rule is very fair

#1286 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ March 24, 2007 - 03:53PM) View Post

The "Lloyd Carr" Punishment? Usually he kicks them off the team almost right away (like this case). Which takes balls especially when you're a big college football program. Just because Carr gave Marlin Jackson a second chance doesn't mean he does that to all his players. Jackson got lucky, and should thank Carr....especially after winning a SB ring this year.

I give props to guys like Carr and Tressel (let 2 starting TE's go) for doing things like that.

I'm just busting your balls. I actually have a lot of respect for Carr and the way he runs a clean program.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#1287 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:40 PM

Welcome to the world young Buckeye!

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2830476

#1288 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ April 9, 2007 - 12:40PM) View Post

I read that today, and it totally grossed me out...name sounds good though. It's alot better then something like Lloyd Bo. I hope young little Tressel ends up at U-M someday...that would be great!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434, 09 April 2007 - 02:05 PM.

#1289 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ April 9, 2007 - 02:40PM) View Post

when Wifey and I found out we were going to have a kid, I was rooting for it to be a boy and a girl twin set biggrin.gif

Scarlet and Grayson anyone? biggrin.gif
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#1290 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(BuckeyeWingsfan80 @ April 9, 2007 - 03:09PM) View Post

when Wifey and I found out we were going to have a kid, I was rooting for it to be a boy and a girl twin set biggrin.gif

Scarlet and Grayson anyone? biggrin.gif

Thats just crossing the line! How about Mo, and Clarett tongue.gif

#1291 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ April 9, 2007 - 07:49PM) View Post

Thats just crossing the line! How about Mo, and Clarett tongue.gif

Nah I never really liked him even when he was on track to win the Heisman biggrin.gif

Side Note: I played against guys like Scott McMullen and Tim Anderson in high school....
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#1292 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(BuckeyeWingsfan80 @ April 9, 2007 - 06:07PM) View Post

Nah I never really liked him even when he was on track to win the Heisman biggrin.gif

Side Note: I played against guys like Scott McMullen and Tim Anderson in high school....

Scott McMullen the QB?? Who's Anderson? I played against Kevin Grady, Kelvin Grady, and Ronald Johnson (USC) back in the day. Our school also played against Neitzel a number of times, but I sat safely in the stands while he lit us up laugh.gif

#1293 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(mannysBETTER3434 @ April 9, 2007 - 08:13PM) View Post

Scott McMullen the QB?? Who's Anderson? I played against Kevin Grady, Kelvin Grady, and Ronald Johnson (USC) back in the day. Our school also played against Neitzel a number of times, but I sat safely in the stands while he lit us up laugh.gif

Yep, the same guy. He was the catcher for Granville and I played for Watkins and they had a nasty little rivalry going on when I moved to Ohio in 1997. I struck him out once and the second time up he hit a homer off me that hasn't landed yet.

Tim Anderson was a heavyweight wrestler in High School (he won the state championship his senior year in 97-98) and kicked the ever loving s*** out of me when my wrestling team practiced against his. Our heavyweight was injured and while I was the 189 class guy, I had been wrestling heavy because I'd dislocated my elbow early on that year and was just getting back. I had to check but he's playing for the Bills now...

Not fun biggrin.gif

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 09 April 2007 - 07:29 PM.

Get a clue already.

#1294 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

Good stories....it's fun playing against those kind of guys then watching them at the next level. Can't wait to see Ronald Johnson at USC even though I'm still pissed he didn't go to U-M.

#1295 mannysBETTER3434

mannysBETTER3434

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

Watch this highlight!! This is the most amazing thing I've ever watched. If you like football you will enjoy this.

Oh yeah...this kid is white! Also list U-M as his leader (:

#1296 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Bump.

It's nearly upon us.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users