• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely08

The Eagle is landing

Rate this topic

Got word a few minutes ago from an aquaintance who is a scout for a major sports agent that the wings are poised to make an offer to pick up Eddie Belfour saturday at noon. Also, word is that the wings front office is high on Bill Guerin, who they are hoping to sign and have a similar effect as when Brendan Shanahan signed before winning the cup.

none taken Barnes. I have a friend who is an ex player and is now a scout for one of the big sports agents, obviously I can't mention either of thier names but I talk to him quite frequently as our kids play on the same hockey and baseball teams. does everything always work out that he tells me? No. but some has. he mentioned the pronger trade to me before it happened as well as the cujo signing by the wings as well as the coyotes this past year before they happened. There are obviously a bunch of factors involved. As far as Doug Weight, I am told that he still would love an opportunity to play here, although after the cup win in carolina as well as the wings depth at center he feels that it's more of a pipe-dream. Take it for what it is, a Rumor.

That's cool, I think there's some truth to it, I'm sure the Wings have a plan B if Shanahan wasn't going to sign. Guerin is perfect for that. As for Belfour, I don't like that too much but they must be thinking that he'll come cheap, he can share duties with Osgood, and by that time Howard will be ready or you go back into the UFA mkt or see what's available at the deadline. I'm not justifying Belfour here, just playing "devil's advocate" and poking the mindset of the Wings brass.

I dont buy it. They'd pick up Gerber before they'd sign Belfour.

Guerin seems plausable though.

Man I hope not on both. I lke Guerin and all, but we'd be much better by adding Samsonov and Bell if at all possible.

Now that would be a line.

Bell - Datsyuk - Samsonov.

I'd like to get younger not older. :thumbup:

I'd have to agree, Samsonov had a good post-season this year but his knock is that he's small, soft and doesn't show up at crucial times.... I'd rather have Guerin.

could we make a line out of Datsyuk, Samsonov, and Hudler? the pee-wee's.

I'd have to agree, Samsonov had a good post-season this year but his knock is that he's small, soft and doesn't show up at crucial times.... I'd rather have Guerin.

With all due respect guys, I've said all along that we'd HAVE to have a gritty type winger on that line. Doesn't Bell match that?

That's why I went on to say, that during the playoffs I didn't think it be a good idea. But maybe it work if we had a tough winger on that line.

In no way am I suggesting a piss-ass line like Hudle - Dats - Samsonov.

Wanna know what I really want? Elias!! lol. Pipe dream I know.

Also, The Eagle can't fly anymore :o

If the 3 of them stood on each others shoulders, they'd barely break 6 ft tall :D

Edited by Barnes52

how bout a ...........guerin datsyuk holmstrom line ........franzen zetterberg samsonov line

anyways about belfour......if he and ozzie are our 2 goalies i think we should all just forget about next season and start looking ahead to the 2007-2008 season

Guerin wouldn't be bad... although would prefer someone younger.

As for Eddie... no way. We'd be better off digging up Terry Sawchuck & propping him in front of the net. Or maybe we should rehire Deveraux under the condition he plays in goal?

Hell, I'd rather pick one fan at random to sit in net every night than have the old & broken Eagle in net.

I would hate it, was it not Belfour the one that had prblems with the law and his wife or girlfriend?

I would think the wings have more moral values not to bring crap like that here?

Just my 2 cents

Thanks

rwcrazy

Rolo is not the answer for our team. The guy had good post-season stats last year but a large part of that was the fantastic own-end play of edmonton's gritty forwards and, well, chris pronger. Rolo is in his late 30's and has largely been viewed as a guy that can't get it done by himself for the majority of his career, plus the fact that after making it deep into the playoffs, his pricetag will be quite inflated, I'm guessing he goes for 3.5 - 4 mil, way to much for that history between the pipes, and what about his injury? How will he rebound to the 2006 post-season form at 37 or however old he is. I'd pass.

and don't get me wrong, Belfour isn't at the top of my list either, I like Biron; the price works, and as long as our D is solid he'll put up good numbers, plus it gives us an opportunity to trade someone. If we want to change some players, we have to get rid of some.

I see Turco as the dark horse in all this, if rumour out of Dalles is true that they want him out, he'll be a hot commodity, I'd love to see him here in detroit, but then we're back to the 5mil/year problem.

Maybe we should convince Greg Stefan to strap the pads back on, he was the goaltending coach for the Hurricanes last season and did a great job with Cam Ward and Martin Gerber, he might have some gas left in the tank.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holland gambled on either one. Guerin is more likely to rebound with a decent season kinda like Gary Roberts has done a few times.

saturday at noon, eh? well, its almost 9 pm.

chicago signed lalime supposedly as a backup, but maybe khabibulin is on his way here...

detroit passed on belfour in 2001, i doubt they'd want him 5 years later right after the non-season he had.

Edited by Stan Leycup X

"With all due respect guys, I've said all along that we'd HAVE to have a gritty type winger on that line. Doesn't Bell match that? "

- yes he does, but he's an RFA, we'd have to trade with Chicago for him.... not that I'm against it, I like him... I just think Chicago would have a difficult time parting with him.