• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CamNeely08

Greatest Red Wing

Rate this topic

Who's #1  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dude this is a hard question, obviously people wh oare 16,17,18,19,20 years old couldnt have the chance to see what Gordie Howe or Terry Sawchuk or Alex Delvecchio and these guys have done, Gordie Howe has had the points record/Goals record for a long time and he was a player in the 50's 60's and 70's era where it wasnt so easy just because there wasnt 82 games back when he started out, who knows what could have happened if he started playing hockey in the 80's. same goes with Yzerman who knows what could have happened if he played in the 50's, this vote is pretty much gonna go like this, the youner people will vote for Yzerman, Older people will vote for Sawchuk/Gordie. but im gonna put my vote for Gordie just cuz of what he did and when he did it.

ya but goalies in gordies era were terrible, not taking anything away from him at all, he is a legend, but look at the improvements goalies have made just in the past decade mid-Yzerman's career. Nothing against Gordie, god knows i love him, but till the day i die no matter what, Yzerman will always be my hero, and im voting for number 19

I think its a pretty touch question myself... my heart wants to vote Yzerman because I've seen him play for the last 2 decades and have lived and died through him, but you have to take everything into account, Howe and Sawchuck are widely considered the best that ever played for good reason, even guys like Lidstrom- 4 Norris, 3 cups, 30 min/game, all with the Wings.... how can he not be considered, very tough... even Chelli, he's considered maybe the best american born player that has played the game, physical, offensive when needed, etc. obviously a lot of that was before the wings but... he's great too.

screw it, I can't choose, I vote for Homer!

Howe not only is one of the best players ever, he was the best player in his era, led Detroit to a dynasty, and was the face of the Franchise till the 80s even though he retired much earlier. Steves great but Howe controls the universe.

You youngsters!! I can see how you be swayed by the dynamic Mr. Yzerman, and he's one of the greatest, absolutely, but Gordie isn't Mr. Hockey for nothing. He was my very first idol growing up, and the day I met him - I could have died happy on the spot.

Gordie was the best all-around player the Wings will probably ever have.

By far... Number 19.

At least out of the players that I have seen play during my lifetime.

I know that he's not the one with the title of Mr. Hockey, but I chose him because of more than just his ability and skill. His courage, heroism, and the amount of respect that he shows counts a lot in my vote.

Wow I am discusted with this poll. I knew Stevie would be in the top, but nnot allmost 3 times Gordie...I know its early but no Sawchuk??? Feds and coffey over Sawchuk??? Or Lidstrom??? Sh!t Lindsy, Delvechio, Able & or Kelly...