• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukonethree

Eklund: Biron could get traded to the Wings

Rate this topic

hope for once hes right and i cant see it not happening ...........buffalo promised to trade biron only 2 teams left that he can be a starter are florida and detroit , detroit's in the west , do him the favour and trade him to the west and one of the best teams

biron for 2nd rounder = done deal

by the way what does e3 mean on his site ??

Edited by wingsfan27

Montoya(sp), Gerber, Nabokov, Belfour, Biron.

he has linked all those goalies to detroit in the past week.

i swear the guy just has dart board with names on it, and that's where he comes up with these "rumors".

Montoya(sp), Gerber, Nabokov, Belfour, Biron.

he has linked all those goalies to detroit in the past week.

i swear the guy just has dart board with names on it, and that's where he comes up with these "rumors".

Yeah, isn't it funny how we're going to get one of the goalies that are avaliable this off season? Crazy... Eklund must be a psychic.

by the way what does e3 mean on his site ??

Here is the Eklund rating system. :P

(e1)- This rumor came from a trusted, confirmed reliable source not connected to any parties that are involved in the deal.

(e2)- This rumor came from more than 1 (e1) sources that aren't connected to one another. Much more reliable because it is two different people hearing the same thing in two different places.

(e3)- This rumor came from one source who is closely connected or got the info from someone closely connected to the actual possible trade. Often there are several (e1's) reporting this as well...

(e4)- This is a very reliable rumor because 2 or more (e3's) are telling me about the trade.

(e5)- I have been told the trade is done and will be announced shortly. There aren't many (e5's) because this really gets beyond the rumor realm. Usually by this point the trade is seconds from being announced, or it has been announced elsewhere...

Eklund Warnings, Huh? Are those similar to the www.weather.com announcing Thunderstorm warnings that never seem to elevate to anything Real... These warnings seem to be very fruitful on here, yet rarely come true.

(e1)- This rumor came from a trusted, confirmed reliable source not connected to any parties that are involved in the deal.

(e2)- This rumor came from more than 1 (e1) sources that aren't connected to one another. Much more reliable because it is two different people hearing the same thing in two different places.

(e3)- This rumor came from one source who is closely connected or got the info from someone closely connected to the actual possible trade. Often there are several (e1's) reporting this as well...

(e4)- This is a very reliable rumor because 2 or more (e3's) are telling me about the trade.

(e5)- I have been told the trade is done and will be announced shortly. There aren't many (e5's) because this really gets beyond the rumor realm. Usually by this point the trade is seconds from being announced, or it has been announced elsewhere...

I'd like to incorporate another rating for eklund,

(e0.5)-This rumor came from trusted sources in the message boards. Has been reliable at some point once.

Edited by Mighty Wings

If we dont have to give up a lot to get Biron, Id love it. I want Detroit to save their trade bait (Hudler, Wiliams, Lang, Schneider) for a big Dman, a winger a la Mark Bell, and another less prolific winger with some speed i.e. Langenbrunner.

Biron wants to be traded to a team where he'll have a new slate and be the kind of franchise goalie. It's not going to happen on our team. He's still young, and I believe he's in the last year of his contract. He'll probably want to sign an extension with the team he's traded to, and I don't see how we can give him one with Howard on the way. I don't see how it's possible. Why would we trade for a younger guy, unless the asking price is just draft picks. I don't know..

To me, Biron makes the most sense of all the available goaltenders.

1. Nabokov, Khabibulin, and Gigure don't fit into the Wings payroll

2. Montoya is little better than Howard when it comes to experience. Plus why would the Rangers want to trade him now, unless they got something significant back?

3. Hasek and Belfour are way to big of risks from an injury standpoint

4. Cloutier and others available would certainly not be an upgrade over Osgood

Edited by Airborn

Biron wants to be traded to a team where he'll have a new slate and be the kind of franchise goalie. It's not going to happen on our team. He's still young, and I believe he's in the last year of his contract. He'll probably want to sign an extension with the team he's traded to, and I don't see how we can give him one with Howard on the way. I don't see how it's possible. Why would we trade for a younger guy, unless the asking price is just draft picks. I don't know..

Haha, so who does he sign with, then?? His options are LA or Detroit, and LA has wealth of goaltenders in their system not to mention Garon and Labarbera, and LA would need to trade Garon if they got Biron because Labarbera needs to be the backup, and Garon would be a waste of a roster spot and/or salary.

there's also florida, columbus (now that denis is gone), maybe Dallas if they don't want Turco. There's places for him to go, and I'm sure he'd want to be there for an extended period of time, not a one year fix like he'd be in Detroit.

According to hockeybuzz.com there is a deal in the works between Buffalo and Detroit which would send goalie, Martin Biron, to the Wings for a second-line center (most likely Kris Draper).

Here is the likely deal:

To Detroit:

Martin Biron

To Buffalo:

Kris Draper (most likely)

Here is the link:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=2285

According to hockeybuzz.com there is a deal in the works between Buffalo and Detroit which would send goalie, Martin Biron, to the Wings for a second-line center (most likely Kris Draper).

Here is the likely deal:

To Detroit:

Martin Biron

To Buffalo:

Draper has a no-trade clause.

Here is the likely deal:

To Detroit:

Martin Biron

To Buffalo:

...uh, I'd rather give them Lang than Draper. Yeah Lang is worth more in the NHL, but Draper is worth more here. I certainly hope Draper doesn't get traded, but hey I am not in charge and we know how much Holland drools over Europeans, so it's obvious why he would keep Lang. I just don't understand why Draper would be rumored to be traded. I know Maltby isn't a center, but I'd rather he be traded than Draper...

...question, if Draper gets traded who's going to be the center on your checking line? Is Cleary a natural center? Franzen?

...anyhow, I do hope that Biron gets traded here,hurry up and so it already!

edit: Just went to the link and the rumor says second line PLAYER not center. So it could be a Maltby (he's not second line here, but could be on Buffalo) possibly Sammy. I just don't see Holland trading a Swede for a North American. If they take Maltby off our hands, then we're basically geting Biron for $700,000. Now that is a deal worth making. Bring up Bootland to take Maltby's place or MacLean...

Edited by LeftWinger

Howard is not likely to become a starter in years. Rushing goalies is a bad idea. Biron/Osgood this year and Biron/Howard next season sounds good to me. Then perhaps Howard is ready for full time duty in 2008.

if draper is a no.2 center, datsyuk has a conn smythe.

does buffalo need another center?

lol...thats what im thinking, Draper is not even a 2nd line center and I have to think they can get way more then draper for biron. Thats what makes me think this report is bogus.

...first of all, if you guys go to the link, it doesn't mention any names, it only says a second line player...

...what was our second line last season?

Holmstrom Draper Maltby? Lines change up so much, who knows who the second line players were. Heck sometimes they split up the Euro-twins and Zetterberg was the second line center... Biron for Zetterberg forget it! I give them Malty or Sammy or both...