• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukonethree

Eklund: Biron could get traded to the Wings

Rate this topic

Draper isn't going anywhere. He has a NTC and I doubt he'd wave it. I'm sorry but Draper is one player I would never want to see the Wings give up.

I'm all for Biron coming but not if giving up Drapes is what it takes. Give up Willie or someone of his value.

Eklund should work for the National Enquirer.

He's a nut.

I think Eklund is a superhero!

His name is "Captain Obvious".

His modus operandi: publish a lot of really predictable guesses of what might happen, but make them salacious enough to get attention. If only 5% of your "predictions" come true, you're a success!

(I think he does wear a nifty cape and tight spandex, too).

EDIT: on second thought, maybe we should call him "the Miss Cleo of Hockey".

I honestly think Eklund comes up with his rumors after poker night with his buddies and about 10 drinks of gin and vodka. I don't take anything reported by him seriously.

If we were talking about 5 years ago, I'd take Belfour over Biron in a heartbeat. Not now though.

He posted that Jarko Ruttu to the penguins before it was announced anywhere else. This rumor could very well be true aswell and it doesn't say anywhere on his site that it's a second line centre, it will probably be williams.

He posted that Jarko Ruttu to the penguins before it was announced anywhere else. This rumor could very well be true aswell and it doesn't say anywhere on his site that it's a second line centre, it will probably be williams.

I say Hudler.

Although I am a complete hypocrit for saying this: Sometimes all of this speculation and rumours are a crutch for the impatient. But I do agree sometimes it is fun to dream and scheme and wonder. But in the end, we're all going to feel silly when something actually happens. Lets just wait and see.

Um, do you want the team to get better or just to have all the older guys you like and don't want to get rid of to stay forever?

Draper offers us nothing.

Even Williams deserves 1 more season, because he has the potential to score. If he can covert chances into actual goals, he becomes a value.

Draper is nothing we don't already have.

And why would the Sabres take the player that YOU don't want us to keep?

Draper is probably an attractive player to THEM.

You have to give something up to get something.

Buffalo also happens to be very close to Toronto. Where is Drapes from? Toronto.

I have no idea if it's true, but it would be a great deal for both teams if it is. Period.

Who is the best penalty killer we have? Yup, Draper. In this " new" nhl, penalty killers are very important. But thats about all he does well.

I say Hudler.

Hudler had crossed my mind but i was going on the "second line player" comment. Schneider makes the most sense to me, i thought Buffalo was deep at the forward position but they needed a pp quarter back.

Just to be clear, Eklund says a "second line player."

Other sites have taken that and changed it to, "second line center."

Draper still makes the most sense.

It would be great to dump Draper's salary but he has a no trade clause. I don't see him going anywhere.

I'd take him over Belfour, that's for damn sure!

Since we might be trading for him, I'd be willing to give up Drapes for him. Maltby would be even better. Guess we'll have to see what happens..

Um, do you want the team to get better or just to have all the older guys you like and don't want to get rid of to stay forever?

Draper offers us nothing.

Even Williams deserves 1 more season, because he has the potential to score. If he can covert chances into actual goals, he becomes a value.

Draper is nothing we don't already have.

And why would the Sabres take the player that YOU don't want us to keep?

Draper is probably an attractive player to THEM.

You have to give something up to get something.

Buffalo also happens to be very close to Toronto. Where is Drapes from? Toronto.

I have no idea if it's true, but it would be a great deal for both teams if it is. Period.

Draper brings us speed, EXCELLENT penalty killing, energy, leadership and he's all heart and soul. He's one that can change the momentum of a game and turn it around. Plus NO ONE on this Wings team works as hard as Kris does. He deserves to stay here, and with the things Stevie and Holland were saying about him I highly doubt they trade him.

I say Hudler.

hudler for a goalie who becomes an unrestricted free agent at seasons end ??

no thanks man id rather see what he's got to give with some real ice time ....holmstrom zetterberg hudler line can be magic

williams or maltby or pick for biron sounds good to me

No one works harder than Drapes?

Right. We have a ton of lazy players.

He DESERVES to stay?

That kind of thinking almost makes me think you don't care whether we win or not.

We are loaded with leadership.

Energy and speed? He's the one that can change momentum of game and turn it around?

Really, that wouldn't be Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and several other guys? When did Drapes turn around a game for us last?

1998?

I don't care whether we win or not? Why? Because I think Kris Draper is a huge part of this Wings team and because I believe he's a big part of why they win as much as they do?

I never said the rest of the team is lazy but no one works harder than Drapes does and that's my opinion.

1998 you say? Riiiiight. We are talking about the guy that won the selke two years ago right? Now all of a sudden because he doesn't have such a 'hot' season everyone thinks it's best if he's gone.

We really can debate about this all day if you'd like but even if this REALLY is about Draper getting trade he won't waive his no trade clause.

Draper brings us speed, EXCELLENT penalty killing, energy, leadership and he's all heart and soul. He's one that can change the momentum of a game and turn it around. Plus NO ONE on this Wings team works as hard as Kris does. He deserves to stay here, and with the things Stevie and Holland were saying about him I highly doubt they trade him.

Sure he does. How many goals did he score? Both Maltby and Draper are over paid and failed to produce this year. Franzen and Cleary are excellent penalty killers and I think one should stay (Draper or Maltby).

I also think it will be Williams for Biron since if it is a second liner, it could Williams since the second line could have easily been Yzermani_i-Lang-Williams.

Also, since Biron is younger, I think he can stay a while here if he proves himself with Howard/Liv backing him up.

Draper had a tremendous season in 2003-2004, earning a Selke. He had a poor season this year, but I think it would be fair to assume a rebound soon, not quite to 03-04 levels but close.

He has speed, he goes to the corners, he is very solid defensively -- the only thing he really could use is a scoring touch. He is the kind of players that teams like Carolina, Edmonton, and Anaheim had lots of... I would not be giving him up.

It would make sense for the Sabres to want a center to replace Connolly. They also need someone who can play with Afinogenov well -- he's a tremendous player but doesn't have a centerman to work with, as was clear in the Carolina series.

Williams is a possiblity, but nationality and playing styles would, if I were Darcy Regier, get me to inquire about Datsyuk. Now, if they want Datsyuk, it should take more than Biron. We can ask about C/LW Gaustad (TSN: Has a big frame and an aggressive nature. Is solid at both ends of the ice, and a deft playmaker.) or prospect Daniel Paille (Hockey's FUture: impressive offensive numbers, but more importantly the type of hustle and work ethic that is of captain's material.) , although that would be a longshot.

This is the most desirable scenario, but I'm just concerned at what would go the other way. I just have a feeling we're going to need to keep our high draft picks for the next 3-4 years.

I think we can count out Draper or Maltby ever getting traded, for better or worse. Those two seem to be legacy players, engrained in the team and close with management. I think they're too close to the front office to ever get moved.

i think howard can do the job.... but holland has made it clear he is going to get an aging veteran... belfour has a physical this week (anybody but him) and theyve even talked about hasek, who i would prefer over belfour... but kenny will probably take the oldest guy he can find like he has in the past

Edited by p_diddy_datsyuk_13

...Biron is my first choice over all goalies available...

...if we have to trade a player off the roster to get him, fine. Hudler for Biron would be great, Hudler is not going to make the team anyhow. All this talk about Draper, maybe with Yzermans retirement Draper will get more ice time and score a little more at center. I think with our 4 centers, Dats, Zetts, Lang and Draper. We have a nice core up the middle. But if it takes a roster player to get Biron here, do it...

I couldn't even finish reading your guys' posts, because about 40% of you don't seem to realize that Draper has a No Trade Clause!!! Just thought I'd say that.

Anyway, I say keep Williams, but we do have a lot of Centres. Maybe they want Sammy.

No Homer, that's for sure.

christ, are we that desperate?

Actually, I think we are. Have you read the Belfour rumours?

That being said, I wouldn't mind shipping Datsyuk out, but we would certainly need more than Biron in return. But with Briere and Drury in the lineup, why would the Sabres even want Pavel?

...Biron is my first choice over all goalies available...

...if we have to trade a player off the roster to get him, fine. Hudler for Biron would be great, Hudler is not going to make the team anyhow. All this talk about Draper, maybe with Yzermans retirement Draper will get more ice time and score a little more at center. I think with our 4 centers, Dats, Zetts, Lang and Draper. We have a nice core up the middle. But if it takes a roster player to get Biron here, do it...

May I recommend something?

Before saying things like that, put yourself in the place of Buffalo GM Darcy Reiger. If you "know" that Hudler won't make the roster, there is no reason for him not to know that.

Pray tell me, what's the incentive for trading away a goalie who is attracting interest around the league for someone you can pluck of waivers anyway? Or if you're so afraid you're going to lose out to a lower-ranked team waivers-wise, wouldn't you rather trade Biron elsewhere and, if you want Hudler that badly,trade a bag of pucks or, at best, a 7th round pick for him the night roster limits go in effect i.e. when the Wings are on the verge of losing him for nothing anyway and will take any crap you give them?

Just remember, trades only happen when both parties get something they want. Both GMs have to be "winners" in terms of what they want. There's absolutely no incentive for Reiger to accept Hudler for Biron.

And all of this analysis wasn't even taking into consideration that LA Kings are interested as well. Florida is without a starter, etc. Not only do we have to offer something to Reiger that he LIKES, we need to offer something that he LIKES MORE than what Florida and LA offer.

there's also florida, columbus (now that denis is gone), maybe Dallas if they don't want Turco. There's places for him to go, and I'm sure he'd want to be there for an extended period of time, not a one year fix like he'd be in Detroit.

Turco has a no trade clause that kicked in July 1st. Columbus thinks they have a starter in Leclaire which makes sense because he played a lot and did well last year and Florida with Auld is also not actively seeking a goaltender, let alone a starter. Biron will be traded to a team that needs a starter i.e. Detroit and LA. Mostly Detroit.

Turco has a no trade clause that kicked in July 1st. Columbus thinks they have a starter in Leclaire which makes sense because he played a lot and did well last year and Florida with Auld is also not actively seeking a goaltender, let alone a starter. Biron will be traded to a team that needs a starter i.e. Detroit and LA. Mostly Detroit.

With the way Dustin Brown and Alexander Frolov's names keep getting offered around, it wouldnt be surprising in the least to see one of them (i would guess Frolov) go straight up for Biron.

Or wait, given that they lost Grier they may make the Kings give them Brown cause he's the physical one of the two..

Biron does NOT warrant Lang or Draper or anyone except for maybe Williams, which would be a stupid move for Buffalo anyways. Their defense is weak, has gotten weaker with Mckee leaving and all the good defenders are taken up in free agency. Regier would be stupid for trading for a forward when they are packed with them. ESPECIALLY centers.

Draper has a NTC anyways and cant be moved unless he decides to waive it (doubtful since he loves it here with his two best buddies in Ozzie and Malts), although he is replaceable with Cleary, Franzen, and Maltby all being excellent penalty killers as it is. And Im surprised nobody has mentioned HENRIK ZETTERBERG on that list of Pkers, because Wings coaching staff seemed to think that he shouldve gotten some Selke consideration, which will likely happen in the future.

As for the person who said Draper had an off year offensively after winning the Selke, thats backwards logic. When youve only had ONE good year offensively in your entire career, its called a fluke. And mostly because Draper got so much ice time in 04. Are people really so quick to forget the continual string of injuries we had that year???

This is probably why Holland is looking at Belfour, because Biron is not worth it when its a band-aid situation. Id rather see Detroit keep Lang, Williams, and Schneider and package them up in some way to land something young that will stick around for a while. No use wasting trade bait on a goalie youre only going to have for a year or two, especially if something else that wont be a UFA for 3-4 years could be had instead.

With the way Dustin Brown and Alexander Frolov's names keep getting offered around, it wouldnt be surprising in the least to see one of them (i would guess Frolov) go straight up for Biron.

Or wait, given that they lost Grier they may make the Kings give them Brown cause he's the physical one of the two..

But with the way is throwing around Garon's name as well, theyd either want to send him Buffalo's way or make sure hes traded before LA trades with Buffalo.

And like I said, if Dustin Brown is what its going to take to get Biron, then let LA have him. That is a complete overpayment. Id rather creep into the playoffs as the 8th seed with 1. Osgood, 2. Belfour, and 3. Howard in goal than us waste trade bait that could get something better in return. If it were Draper and he waived his clause, Id say go for it. Thats not a lot to give up, but big centers, extremely cheap skilled wingers that can put up 60 pts and offensive puck moving defenseman have a lot of value on the market right now. Id rather trade Williams + whatever (or the like since Chicago wants cheap, young, skilled players so badly) for Bell than Williams for Biron when Bell would stick around for a few years in a prominent position and Biron would merely be a stop gap for one year, two max.