• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Red Wings Nation HQ

Rate this topic

VIB beat me to the punch! I think we should have a little get-together in the Detroit Metro area to celebrate the man that is Steve Yzerman and what he's brought to this city. I was thinking either Fenton for Dave and Joey's place or Dearborn for Chelli's Chili. Maybe even Hockeytown Cafe.

Let's get a roll call here and pick a date that would work well for those in the area.

Let's make it happen.

(Though I'm out of town for a while. I'd be available the following weekend dates: July 9, 22, 29, or 30.)

My location vote would be for Cheli's Chili in Dearborn. The other metro-area meetups we've had have been in the Royal Oak area, so I think it's a great idea to go a little further south for our next adventure!

However, if da Godfaddah doesn't want to travel very far since his wife is soon to give birth, perhaps we should stick to something closer to his neck of the woods this time.

Matt - you make the call on where to do it!

Well, it doesn't necessarily mean that it'd have to be in the next couple of weeks. We could do it *after* Daughter 2.0 arrives, but at that point you're looking at late August or early September, around Labor Day?

If you do it in earlyish September or late August, I might be able to poke my head in and say hi, and share a drink or five. Don't try and schedule around me, though; around that time, I can't even schedule for myself, since that is when I'll be moving/taking leave(?)/trying to travel from Norfolk to San Diego to Seattle and I basically only have a few dates set in stone.

im in.. just depends on the day...i work weekends...but soon it will be int he mornings. and i can get the afternoon off for anything. if it is a weekend i can get out of work by noon.

BRTD, you have to call when you hit town. If you can't do the Toast to Stevie, you could hang out with Muse and me one night. We could spark the bong, tie dye some shirts and listen to the "Hair" soundtrack. Whaddaya think?

VIB - you've got better weather and food, we've got the Godfaddah. Game, set, match. :lol:

So, what's the plan. Does Godfaddah want to wait until after daughter #2 arrives, or is he gonna have one last party before having two handfuls of joy?

Which location? If it's downtown the Tigers have an afternoon game there and it's going to be craaaa-zzzaaay in there. (FWIW, on the 29th they're away in Minnesota.)

Obviously, if this is Dearborn than my post is moot.

Are we going to do dinner, or just munchies and drinks?

That might determine the best time.

Godfaddah, you might want to put your two cents in, based on babysitting availability.

Boo. I'm late to see this. I couldn't attend previous Detroit get-togethers and I'll be out of town that weekend. My weekends are all full till mid-September (7 flippin' weddings to attend this summmer. SEVEN!) but if you all decide to meet again around that time, let me know!

Man, I can't believe I didn't see this thread until today. Not sure what my schedule is like but if I am free, I definately will be there. Lot has to do with grandpa who is in the hospital this week. Not looking that good so I am spending a lot of my free time there.

Anyone have directions to get to Cheli's? Not totally fimilar with Dearborn.

ditto...i can get to dearborn, but to cheli's..thats a different story...i used to go to dearborn heights alot so i can get there. but remember im up in the boonie country too. I know that i can take 24 to 75 to 94 and get to telegraph. tho i can also take 24 all the way too(which turns into telegraph) but thats stop and go.

Im not sure about my sched yet. I told me boss about it and shes ok with it..im just hoping i work in the daytime..it looks like i will beable to tho. gotta love being friends with the boss. lol

does the website have directions?

BRTD, you have to call when you hit town. If you can't do the Toast to Stevie, you could hang out with Muse and me one night. We could spark the bong, tie dye some shirts and listen to the "Hair" soundtrack. Whaddaya think?

You know my current profession. Trying to get me fired? :P

I have decided that I will not be in town until the beginning of September (or rather, the powers that be have decided)....then, I have approx. two weeks. So, if something is going on then, I'm all ears, otherwise, maybe something less grandiose. Toast to Shanny, maybe?