• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Red Wings Nation HQ

Rate this topic

Why would we toast to Shanny when we could toast that you're in town, BRTD?

i know for sure im coming now. :)

Sweet! A fresh face in the mix! I don't know directions to Chelli's in Dearborn. I've driven past it once or twice. I'll get Muse to do it or I'll do it closer to the event. (Which is a whole week away.) We'll get you there, don't worry!

Ahhhh I didn't see this. I have to work on that day...and I'm up in Traverse City. Kinda far to drive. :(

BUT...(off topic)...if anyone else wants to come to Training Camp in September...there's a small group of us LGWers planning to go. Check the Hottest Wing thread in Between Periods for more info. :)

BUT...(off topic)...if anyone else wants to come to Training Camp in September...there's a small group of us LGWers planning to go. Check the Hottest Wing thread in Between Periods for more info. :)

Post something here in the Group Events forum!

Also, I'm making a renewed effort to better publicize these group get-togethers (GTGs) by adding them to the Forum Calendar... There's currently two events listed so far... If we can get some good concrete details on the TC event we can post that up, too!

BRTD, you have to call when you hit town. If you can't do the Toast to Stevie, you could hang out with Muse and me one night. We could spark the bong, tie dye some shirts and listen to the "Hair" soundtrack. Whaddaya think?

You know my current profession. Trying to get me fired? :P

I have decided that I will not be in town until the beginning of September (or rather, the powers that be have decided)....then, I have approx. two weeks. So, if something is going on then, I'm all ears, otherwise, maybe something less grandiose. Toast to Shanny, maybe?

Yeah, military guys never spark the bong. Ha!

You're gonna have to give us dates for when you'll be gracing the Detroit scene, and we'll have a toast to all things liberal in your honor. ;)

Anyway, back to the July 22 event:

1. a quick reminder that there has been some construction in Dearborn (when I went down there the week of July 4th, they had a bit going on in the area off of the Southfield Freeway. I took Southfield to the Michigan Avenue exit, headed east, and Cheli's Chili is about a couple miles up on the northeast corner of Michigan Ave and Oakwood.)

Here's a link to AAA construction & traffic info for the area: http://www.autoclubgroup.com/michigan/auto...affic/index.asp

2. do we have a confirmed number of people going? It looks like they'll only take a reservation if we have 15 or more *and* we're arriving before 4pm, and from what it looks like to me, we're looking at a later time. Just wondering if Vladdy16 has been keeping track of the plan, as I've been out of town.

I'm definitely going, and Mr. Muse is a "maybe" again... consider him a last minute decision. ;)

1. a quick reminder that there has been some construction in Dearborn (when I went down there the week of July 4th, they had a bit going on in the area off of the Southfield Freeway. I took Southfield to the Michigan Avenue exit, headed east, and Cheli's Chili is about a couple miles up on the northeast corner of Michigan Ave and Oakwood.)

Here's a link to AAA construction & traffic info for the area: http://www.autoclubgroup.com/michigan/auto...affic/index.asp

Just a note, I traveled Southfield this weekend to Dearborn and there is still construction, but it's much more open than it was earlier this summer. No closed lanes, etc. The construction on I-696 can be a bit of a hassle, it may even be closed on the weekends, and I believe the lodge is closed as well. If you're coming from the west just take 96 to 275 to 96 to Southfield freeway and do exactly what Muse described.

My boyfriend lives off of Oakwood, literally like a mile south of Cheli's Chili. I'm so mad I can't make it but I hope you all have a good time. Someone have a beer for me. Or eight.

V is all over the plan. Actually, V IS the plan. No one chimed with with dates or times other than Muse, so I pulled a date and time out of my - er, hat. So far our confirmed number is well under 15, so reservations are out no matter what time we arrive. If the time is unsuitable for the majority, by all means, let's change it. And there's nothing that says someone can't join us for a cocktail a little later in the evening. We'll be there at least an hour and a half if not longer.

Thanks for the heads-up, MSU. I'm sure one of us will have your back and drink a toast to Steve in your honor. We'll be having more of these get-togethers as the season gets into gear, so I'm sure you'll be able to make it to one soon. :)

Bad news: We're going to have to back out on this one, guys. :(

There's a number of contributing factors, but mostly it's the cost of gas (we're trying to save money as Liz will be off from work for a while shortly), lack of a babysitter, and there's still some things to finish up around the house before Daughter 2.0 is due.

Okay, folks, we're going to have to reschedule this one. Summer just isn't a good time, I guess. I'll look at doing it around September/beginning of October.

Yep. I was just about to post and say I really can't make it either.

I was thinking that maybe we should do something on Saturday October 7th to kickoff the season. Thats the wings 2nd game of the season, road game vs pittsburgh @ 7:30pm. Not sure where the place would be...but what do you think? I think that would be a cool way to start the season off.

Okay, folks, we're going to have to reschedule this one. Summer just isn't a good time, I guess. I'll look at doing it around September/beginning of October.

Muse/vladdy16: My dates for being in town will probably be from the 2nd/3rd to about the, say, 13th or 14th of September. Depends on how long it takes to get to San Diego (I have to be in SD for a week for a school to train me up for my next job....that's the 18th through the 22nd....then I have to head up to Seattle to settle in). All of which is driving.

So, if the Toast to Stevie is sometime that time, count me in! Otherwise I'd still be definitely up for a Toast to Me :cool::lol: for anyone who feels like a more informal get together. I'll bring all my favorite William F. Buckley articles and we can discuss ways to eliminate the welfare system.

VIB16: If you wanna bump the RWNW party to 9/19 instead of 8/19 (it's not like they'll be retiring Igor Larionov's number :P ) I ought to be able to make it! Depending on where. But if you've already got the wheels turning and people RSVPing and everything, don't change it just for me.

Coast-to-coast DRW parties, woohoo! Even if I do nothing but go to bed at 10PM and sleep in til 2PM during my break, I can't wait to get offa this boat.

If they retire Yzerman's jersey on the 5th of October..I may be in town for the 7th HQ event if that's when you guys do it. :)

Correct me if i am wrong, but i dont remember them ever retiring a players number on opening day......that being said. I hope your scenario works out so your up here. :cool:

Edited by timothy1997

Well given that is the exact date October 5, 2006 of his 23 year anniversary of the first NHL game he ever played in..they might..It holds unique significance to Yzerman.

Who knows - it'll all depend on the Yzerman Ceremony when I'm there this season.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to note that Sundays work better for me than Saturdays.

Especially during the fall since I have a guaranteed 7 Saturdays that are home football games, which means I will be tailgating and unable to transport myself in any vehicle pretty much for the entire day.

Not yet, no. It's *looking* like it'll be this coming weekend, but nothing definitive yet. It still hinges on whenever she feels ready to come out, lol, though we'll help in the decision process. :lol: