• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YzermanZetterberg

Alexei Morozov

Rate this topic

From TSN "Ice Chips:"

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Former Penguins right winger Aleksey Morozov, coming off two excellent seasons in the Russian Super League, still is a candidate to return to the NHL this winter. but it doesn't look like it will be with the Penguins. General manager Ray Shero said this week that Morozov is "not [in] my price range." Morozov, an unrestricted free agent, is believed to be seeking at least $3 million per season, although his precise contract demands are not known. - Post Gazette

$3 million seems way too steep, but if he could be had for less, I think he would be a welcome addition on Datsyuk's wing. What do you think?

Here's his TSN player page:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=257&hubname=nhl

Pass...another regular season performer who's prone to scoring droughts...to disappear in the playoffs. Why are these the guys we end up with?

I do'nt know last year he had 26 points in13 playoff games- not to bad!!!

I do'nt know last year he had 26 points in13 playoff games- not to bad!!!

That's in Russia, not the NHL. Ask Datsyuk what it feels like to be a playoff superstar in Russia and have it translate into NHL playoff success

Latest stats on him are

P....G..A..PT..PM

31 25 22 47 24

The Russian league is known for its low scoring so they are

pretty impressive considering. Looking at his stats for the

last 3 years compared against the new NHL star Malkin in his

last 3 years in the Russian league makes interesting reading.

Malkin had Pl 132 G 36 A 55 Pts 91 pm 82.

Morozov....Pl 140 G 68 A 74 Pts 142 Pm 127.

Yes I know that Malkin is just starting his career and Morozov

is classed as a veteran but a scoring winger he certainly is, so

he could be an option next year if the price is right, if Grigs is

over next year, could be a good line with Dats centering?

Latest stats on him are

P....G..A..PT..PM

31 25 22 47 24

The Russian league is known for its low scoring so they are

pretty impressive considering. Looking at his stats for the

last 3 years compared against the new NHL star Malkin in his

last 3 years in the Russian league makes interesting reading.

Malkin had Pl 132 G 36 A 55 Pts 91 pm 82.

Morozov....Pl 140 G 68 A 74 Pts 142 Pm 127.

Yes I know that Malkin is just starting his career and Morozov

is classed as a veteran but a scoring winger he certainly is, so

he could be an option next year if the price is right, if Grigs is

over next year, could be a good line with Dats centering?

While 3 mil seems a bit steep to me, I think it would defeintly be worth looking at for a lesser price. But, he's not a rock em sock em robot with a red maple leaf tatto on his chest, so most of the board won't like it. Yet many are in support of Gomez, who's way smaller than anyone on the Wings and makes less than only Lids. :rolleyes: Go figure.

Morozov was a good player when he played for the Penguins and could light the lamp for sure. Is he worth 3 million.............No! We have enough overpaid bums that don't contribute come playoff time! Russians are famous for fading that time of season!

Morozov was a good player when he played for the Penguins and could light the lamp for sure. Is he worth 3 million.............No! We have enough overpaid bums that don't contribute come playoff time! Russians are famous for fading that time of season!

Yeah, that s***ty Russian Five unit, those guys sucked come playoff time. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that s***ty Russian Five unit, those guys sucked come playoff time. :rolleyes:

:blink: Yeah Especially Fedorov and Kozlov, We still would have won without them, Pay no attention to the fact that We haven't Won a cup since Fedorov has been gone.

Kozlov never could do much in the playoffs could he? :hehe:

I also hear that Russian's are soft, Especially ones like Vladdy and Markov. what a bunch of girls

Edited by WingNutt

y helo Don Cherry

Well i think with Grigs coming over it would be a good move to get Morozov as well. Put these 2 on a line with Dats and I think we could have a very explosive line. Wouldn't hit the coffers too much either. Grigs will be a direct replacement for Calder, who I'd be surprised we'd keep. Morozov could take Langs spot on the roster and be cheaper too. We may come out of this with monies left over too. Worth looking at I would have thought.

Edited by Andy Pred 48