• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukonethree

Eklund at it again: Shanny back, Giguere to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Eklund is reporting that if Shanny returns to the Wings, it could make a trade for Giguere possible because the Wings would then have offset the possible loss of a forward. If there's any truth to this, I'm guessing that the trade would be Lang for Giguere. Lang makes 3.8 and Giguere 3.7, if I remember right, and Anaheim has a number of young skilled Wingers in need of a center.

So either get on the Lang for Giguere bandwagon, or start complaining. :D

Per the mods request to not start new threads on every ding dang rumor that pops up, I already posted this in the "Wings offer Shanahan $4 million/1-2 year deals" thread in General Discussion and the "We'll Trade with Ducks" thread in the Rumor Mill.

Pass.

Jussi Markkanen&Edmonton showed us all that a team can play well in the playoffs with an awful goalie. But not without shot blocking-defenseman,speed & grit they can't.

That's what we need.

Why not start Howard before he's 30?

this would be the worst possible move the wings could make. Ilya Bryzgalov is the starter for the ducks, Giggy is the back-up. Lang is a top 6 forward and probably the #1 center! I dont care, thats the worst move. Also, the Ducks would be Cup favorites if that happened. Great goaltending, arguably the best defense and now a stellar offense. We need a goalie so we can win the cup, but trading lang to the ducks hurts our chances more than it helps. I can't see us making a move to the ducks at all. It would make no sense.

yea, lets get rid of Lang... he only had the 2nd most points on our team in the playoffs (tied with Zetterberg), why don't we fire up the whole "lets trade Schneider" oven as well, hell, he only had 8 points... realistically Schneider and Lang are 2 of like 5 or 6 guys that we should NOT trade.

Why Lang? He doesn't have any trade value. Old and possible UFA and important big center for us.

We have to send Williams out of town. He has nothing to give (read=grit) what we don't have already and the Ducks would be interested him because of the loss of Lupul.

Why Lang? He doesn't have any trade value. Old and possible UFA and important big center for us.

Exactly, his salary is way too high. Besides, he shows up for the Playoffs and has pretty good hands at the faceoff circle