• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Wings/Sabres working on a trade?

Rate this topic

Doesn't mean much but Eklund mentioned a trade between the Sabres and Detroit this morning:

Today looks like the day that the Eagle will grow Wings as Eddie Belfour and the Red Wings are very close to announcing a deal(e4)...A rumor was circulating yesterday that the reason this deal has been stalled was because the Wings were working a deal that would have sent Lang to Buffalo for Biron plus a forward. The forward was the sticking point.

How can you not like the idea of getting Afinogenov, hes a poor mans Kovalchuk. His whole career has gone unnoticed playing in Buffalo, much like players in LA or Chicago.

If you watched the playoffs this season you would have seen that he was fighting up until the last minute to win. He may not be gritty but he does go to the net and plays well along the boards, unlike our friend Robert Lang. Afinogenov on a line with Datsyuk is a dream.

Giving up Kronwall is a loss but theres a reason we have been drafting defesnseman. Kindl and Kolosov are a few years away but we have an average defense to hold us over until then. If anyone thought Kronwall was gonna become the next Lidstrom within two years they're mistaken. He showed some great all around play but he wasn't even a top 3 defender on this team and we do have Ledba.

ya cause having lebda is gonna make up for the loss of kronwall lol and dont forget within a a few years no chelios lidstrom schneider ..........defense is one postion we cant start trading off our roster , especially a guy with kronwall's potential , whos actually gonna have some nhl experience by the time the rookies will come in

Pretty fair assesment. In terms of scoring forwards you have to put Afinogenov in the top 10.

Obviously Ovechkin, Gabby and Kovalchuk would be ahead of him. You could through Jagr and Iginla in there to. Adding Afinogenov to this team would easily replace Shanahan's 40 goals.

No, Afinogenov is a really terrible finisher. He's not a natural goal scorer, which is disappointing: he gets tons of chances because he's quick and shifty, but only buries is once in a while. He won't score 40 goals on Datsyuk's wing, either. Shanny is a far better goal scorer.

Meanwhile, guys like Ovechkin, Gaborik, and Kovalchuk are all superb goal scorers and the best in the game. When you think of the difference between Afinogenov and Kovalchuk, I want you to imagine Maxim waving his hands to him from the other side of an impassible chasm.

For comparison: Samuelsson and Holmstrom both scored more goals than Maxim this year, Williams was one shy, and we do not consider them some of hockey's elite.

ya cause having lebda is gonna make up for the loss of kronwall lol and dont forget within a a few years no chelios lidstrom schneider ..........defense is one postion we cant start trading off our roster , especially a guy with kronwall's potential , whos actually gonna have some nhl experience by the time the rookies will come in

By the time those guys retire, we'll have Kindl and Quincy in the lineup. Kronwall is an older prospect at 25, but he's only played 47 games and has had two long term injuries. Kronwall will be a good second pairing defenseman, but he won't be a team cornerstone, and honestly, I think Kindl might end up being the better defenseman.

By the time those guys retire, we'll have Kindl and Quincy in the lineup. Kronwall is an older prospect at 25, but he's only played 47 games and has had two long term injuries. Kronwall will be a good second pairing defenseman, but he won't be a team cornerstone, and honestly, I think Kindl might end up being the better defenseman.

chelios and schneider will most likely be gone next year , all we'll have left is lidstrom for maybe another year with lebda and lilja having experience , quincey might come up after next season but kindl is playing another year in the ohl i believe and will most probably play at least 1 season in grand rapids so hes 3 yrs away .......trading krowall is realy really stupid he was the ahl best defencemen during the lockout and won the mvp award when the swede's took it all last yr

kronwall isnt going anywhere

Also true. Basically, this whole rumor is stupid.

With regards to the Buffalo center depth, I feel its noteworthy to mention that Daniel Briere is a RFA. This could be the X-factor. Maybe Briere wants too much money? Could Lang be their fallback plan, or a bargaining chip to get Briere to lower his demands if he wants to stay in Buff? I dont wanna speculate like this cause i have no idea how their negotiations are going, but its just something to think about.

chelios and schneider will most likely be gone next year , all we'll have left is lidstrom for maybe another year with lebda and lilja having experience , quincey might come up after next season but kindl is playing another year in the ohl i believe and will most probably play at least 1 season in grand rapids so hes 3 yrs away .......trading krowall is realy really stupid he was the ahl best defencemen during the lockout and won the mvp award when the swede's took it all last yr

kronwall isnt going anywhere

Chelios could play a few more years as a very effective third pairing guy. Scheinder will probably be gone unless he takes a smaller contract. I don't know if Lidstrom would want to play beyond his current contract, but he certainly has the ability to play into his 40's. And remember, since he's currently 25, Kronwall's isn't gonna be a spring chicken when the rest of our current guys retire.

?

Pretty fair assesment. In terms of scoring forwards you have to put Afinogenov in the top 10.

Obviously Ovechkin, Gabby and Kovalchuk would be ahead of him. You could throw Jagr and Iginla in there to. Adding Afinogenov to this team would easily replace Shanahan's 40 goals.

What?!??!?

I dont want to flame you or anything, but nobody who watches Afinogenov play on a regular basis would ever make that comment.

Off the top of my head: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Thornton, Marleau, Cheechoo, Heatly, Tanguay, Alfredsson, Richards, Kovalev, Cole, Spezza, Sakic, Crosby, Staal, Kovalchuk, Jokinen, Hossa, Selanne, Kariya, Shanahan, Gomez, Jagr, Arnott, Lecavalier, Iginla. There are probably a lot more you could add to that list too. Not to mention, where goals alone are concerned, Afinogenov isnt even top 50] in the league.

Just a thought: Kris Draper's Career Shooting % average is higher than Max's.

With regards to the Buffalo center depth, I feel its noteworthy to mention that Daniel Briere is a RFA. This could be the X-factor. Maybe Briere wants too much money? Could Lang be their fallback plan, or a bargaining chip to get Briere to lower his demands if he wants to stay in Buff? I dont wanna speculate like this cause i have no idea how their negotiations are going, but its just something to think about.

Briere is going to be Buffalo's Zetterberg if he isnt already. Hell probably be a top 10 center next year. Hes so underrated right now, and Buffalo seems to be the only team that knows it. Im betting theyll do everything in their power to keep him.

Yeah that Afinigenov top 10 comment is very ludicrous

Briere is going to be Buffalo's Zetterberg if he isnt already. Hell probably be a top 10 center next year. Hes so underrated right now, and Buffalo seems to be the only team that knows it. Im betting theyll do everything in their power to keep him.

I would think so too, but im just suggesting that as a possible reason why they'd be interested in another C. Or else them wanting Lang makes no sense at all.

Yeah that Afinigenov top 10 comment is very ludicrous

I would think so too, but im just suggesting that as a possible reason why they'd be interested in another C. Or else them wanting Lang makes no sense at all.

yeah I see your point. Perhaps its to replace Connoly? I think hes most likely to be traded of their centerman, but not to Detroit. I don think Detroit will take a centerman back in return. Unless of course its Drury.

Pull the trigger Holland!

Everyone keeps saying he doesn't have the balls to do anything.

I agree Kronvall is going to be a great defenseman but currently Detroit has no one in goal. Everyone is assuming that Howard is the future NHL # 1 goalie. This could change over night. If he is sitting on proven players, I say take the deal and then wait for the trade deadline to fill that gap, if needed? Maybe there is something else in the works???

:blink:

Chelios could play a few more years as a very effective third pairing guy. Scheinder will probably be gone unless he takes a smaller contract. I don't know if Lidstrom would want to play beyond his current contract, but he certainly has the ability to play into his 40's. And remember, since he's currently 25, Kronwall's isn't gonna be a spring chicken when the rest of our current guys retire.

isnt gonna be a spring chicken ?? lmao hes gonna be like 28 , since when is that old ?? he can still have another good 7-8 yrs depending how he goes

anyways man no point talking bout this , im sure holland isnt even considering trading kronwall

:lol: Everyone in bold obviously fits under the title Top Ten Scoring Forward. :lol: Top Ten Playmakers is more like it.

Cheechoo is bolded, well quite frankly hes the most overrated player in the league.

Im confused. Did you just call the likes of Shanahan, Arnott, and Cheechoo playmakers???

Im not sure what to tell you buddy. If you are arguing about goal scoring, then you arent making any sense. Afinogenov scores an average of 19 goals per season. His highest goal total was ever was a whopping 22 goals.

Datsyuk: 28 goals, more assists than Afinogenov

Thornton: 29 goals, more assists than Afinogenov

Cheechoo: 56 goals (28 goals on the 03/04 season without Thornton)

Kovalev: 23 goals in 8 less games than Afinogenov (in same amount games as max, wouldve had 73 points/26 goals)

Crosby: 39 goals, more assists than Afinogenov.

Spezza: 19 goals, more assits than Afinogenov (played 9 less games, wouldve had 22 goals, 80 assists in same amount of games as max)

Richards: 23 goals, more assists than Afinogenov.

Shanahan: 40 goals, more points than Afinogenov

Gomez: 33 goals, same amount of assists as Afinogenov

Arnott:32 goals

Lecavalier: 35 goals, more points

Edited by YoungGuns1340

yeah I see your point. Perhaps its to replace Connoly? I think hes most likely to be traded of their centerman, but not to Detroit. I don think Detroit will take a centerman back in return. Unless of course its Drury.

i really really doubt their gonna trade connolly , he was one of their best .........drury briere dumont connolly and kotalik arent going anywhere i would think

I believe Connoly is also a FA. The only centerman i could see coming here in the deal is Paul Gaustad, which is who im rooting for. Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Gaustad and either Hudler or Draper could be our the centers, the other would be a wing. Having Gaustad, Kopecky, and Bootland on the team certainly improves the grit department!

i really really doubt their gonna trade connolly , he was one of their best .........drury briere dumont connolly and kotalik arent going anywhere i would think

Theres been a lot of talk about them not exactly wanting him back because of his constant injury issues.

I believe Connoly is also a FA. The only centerman i could see coming here in the deal is Paul Gaustad, which is who im rooting for. Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Gaustad and either Hudler or Draper could be our the centers, the other would be a wing. Having Gaustad, Kopecky, and Bootland on the team certainly improves the grit department!

I would be psyched if we could land Gaustad. Id be even more psyched if we could land Gaustad and have him play wing with either Datsyuk or replace Sameulsson on Zetterberg's line. Itd be nice to have some American boys up front for a change.

Theres been a lot of talk about them not exactly wanting him back because of his constant injury issues.

hes still only 25 , i wouldnt get rid of him though and i dont think they will either .....just my opinion , still gots lots to offer , f*ck if their sooooooo afraid of him getting injured then trade jason williams for him straight up lol

Afinogenov = bad. He disappears for most of the season and pops up to score a goal here or there. Biron/Lang- ok, but no way should Kenny do Kronwall for Afingenov. That's just dumb, Max isn't worth it.

:lol: Everyone in bold obviously fits under the title Top Ten Scoring Forward. :lol: Top Ten Playmakers is more like it.

Cheechoo is bolded, well quite frankly hes the most overrated player in the league.

Put Max on Thornton's line and give him the chances that he gave Cheechoo and he still wouldn't be a 50 goal scorer. Why? Because he cannot finish like a natural goal scorer. He is overrated.

I would be psyched if we could land Gaustad. Id be even more psyched if we could land Gaustad and have him play wing with either Datsyuk or replace Sameulsson on Zetterberg's line. Itd be nice to have some American boys up front for a change.

Me too. I was thinking about a sweet ass Bootland/Gaustad/Kopecky line but that is like putting all the eggs in one basket....although it'd be really fun to watch. I think i like your suggestion better of Gaustad with Datsyuk, i think that would work out very well.

Max is a natural scorer....Can you image him with Pavel or Hendrick??

First of all there is no HENDRICK on the Red Wings. His name is Henrik Zetterberg. Secondly Afinogenov is in NO WAY a natural goal scorer. In 6 years in the NHL he has failed to score 25 goals in each of those seasons. He has speed that is what helps him. He is not a goal scorer. Want a natural goal scorer? Henrik Zetterberg is a natural goal scorer. He has improved each year. He also creates his own chances and more importantly he FINISHES those chances. Screw Afinogenov.