• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Wings/Sabres working on a trade?

Rate this topic

First of all there is no HENDRICK on the Red Wings. His name is Henrik Zetterberg. Secondly Afinogenov is in NO WAY a natural goal scorer. In 6 years in the NHL he has failed to score 25 goals in each of those seasons. He has speed that is what helps him. He is not a goal scorer. Want a natural goal scorer? Henrik Zetterberg is a natural goal scorer. He has improved each year. He also creates his own chances and more importantly he FINISHES those chances. Screw Afinogenov.

Ops made a mistake!!! I hope you can forgive me. His speed is unreal and would more than benefit playing with HENRIK or Pavel. Right now he is playing the playmaker where he is. Aparently we disagree on his usefulness. It was my opinion, by the way I am entitled to it!

Edited by diehrd

Max is a natural scorer....Can you image him with Pavel or Hendrick??

Some die hard fan you are! Or maybe you're just a fan of the movie? :lol:

Ops made a mistake!!! I hope you can forgive me. His speed is unreal and would more than benefit playing with HENRIK or Pavel. Right now he is playing the playmaker where he is. Aparently we disagree on his usefulness. It was my opinion, by the way I am entitled to it!

Its a real shame you dont have much to support your argument. A NATURAL goal scorer as you said MAx is does not need to be the playmaker wherever he is. His job would be to score goals....he had around 50 assists this past year...he is a playmaker not a goal scorer. He dont need him. We have the second best playmaker in the NHL in Datsyuk. Him and Dats on a line would not make much sense, who's going to score the bulk of the goals?

Edited by superstarsingh

Its a real shame you dont have much to support your argument.

Apparently you need the support,I stated my opinion, not expecting be attacked for something so simple... please explain to me what ultimately killed the Wings last year against the Oilers! No it wasn't the goalie (although he didn't help), it was SPEED.

So now Holland has a chance (maybe) to improve that greatly, and everyone thinks it's stupid???

If you feel like talking hockey than let's talk...otherwise this my last response to you!

Edited by diehrd

Apparently you need the support,I stated my opinion, not expecting be attacked for something so simple... please explain to me what ultimately killed the Wings last year against the Oilers! No it wasn't the goalie (although he didn't help), it was SPEED.

So now Holland has a chance (maybe) to improve that greatly, and everyone thinks it's stupid???

If you feel like talking hockey than let's talk...otherwise this my last response to you!

Oh yeah it was speed. Legace giving goals away for fun and us not having any grit was not our problem. :yowza::yowza:

AND we are speaking of Max's stats and his lack of goal scoring. Not what killed the Wings in the playoffs. I have my proof. You lack support. Lou Siffer's joke was quite funny...which one? movie or fan? You also struggle to spell hard...like you struggled to spell Henrik.

Edited by superstarsingh

Speed? You can have the fastest team in the league but unless you know how to break the trap than what does it matter?

Oh yeah it was speed. Legace giving goals away for fun and us not having any grit was not our problem. :yowza::yowza:

Grit has always been a problem. As far as I am concern they should signed Georges Laraque or Brashear or somebody with some balls!!

But they were beat to every loose puck there was. Yes Legace Sucked too!

Grit has always been a problem. As far as I am concern they should signed Georges Laraque or Brashear or somebody with some balls!!

But they were beat to every loose puck there was. Yes Legace Sucked too!

We do not need goons, we need hockey players who are gritty but can still play the game. BOOTLAND for example. I dont want just a fighter. We need a guy like Tucker....as much as I hate to say that. He is a *** but he is gritty, he can hit, take hits, fight and he can also score goals.

Speed? You can have the fastest team in the league but unless you know how to break the trap than what does it matter?

The best way to beat the trap is not let it set up. By a very quick transition "Speed"!

We do not need goons, we need hockey players who are gritty but can still play the game. BOOTLAND for example. I dont want just a fighter. We need a guy like Tucker....as much as I hate to say that. He is a *** but he is gritty, he can hit, take hits, fight and he can also score goals.

I do agree that a goon is useless. I thought Simon probably was the closest to a hockey player. I also agree that we need more grit. Honestly we can put grit in the lineup by using kids that want to show what they can do. Bootland is an example. Tucker take too many stupid penalties.

Edited by diehrd

The best way to beat the trap is not let it set up. By a very quick transition "Speed"!

I do agree that a goon is useless. I thought Simon probably was the closest to a hockey player. I also agree that we need more grit. Honestly we can put grit in the lineup by using kids that want to show what they can do. Bootland is an example. Tucker take too many stupid penalties.

Simon would have been a good addition. But I am still hoping they wake up and give Bootland the chance that he clearly deserves. Bootland is probably the only gritty guy in our system that plays hockey and does it with a chip on his shoulder with that being said we need to sign a gritty guy who is a good player...for example Danny Markov. He is a good dman who hits and blocks shots. :thumbup:

I mean Hudler, Filppula and Kopecky are not going hit night in and night out.

Edited by superstarsingh

I see what your saying but teams who do the trap are teams like NJ, Minn, and Edm. They are speedy teams who can set-up the trap in seconds.

Yes this is true but if you put speed against speed then you'll put them on their heels and also open up a lot more ice. That is the only way I can think of eliminating the trap, except for the referees cracking down on the obstruction that takes place.

The thing with Afinogenov is he is shifty. This complicates the speed thing. You can match speed with speed but when you add in being shifty than your talking another level. Remember Fedorov and how his speed and shiftness made him dangerous. His problem (except in 93 / 94) was that he couldn't always bury the puck.

By the time those guys retire, we'll have Kindl and Quincy in the lineup. Kronwall is an older prospect at 25, but he's only played 47 games and has had two long term injuries. Kronwall will be a good second pairing defenseman, but he won't be a team cornerstone, and honestly, I think Kindl might end up being the better defenseman.

I have to agree he won't be the cornstone of the team, like Lidstrom. But he is a good solid offensive defensman that is not going to hurt the team defensively, and that is worth alot. I also agree Kindl could definitely become a better all around defenseman. Everybody seems to have Kronwall a bit over-rated, he is no Phaneuf. He is not untouchable.

The wings need speed and grit. Well this would definitely give us speed in the top six and open up another hole in the bottom six to add some grit. And it does push Willy out of the top 6, and hopefully out the door.

Very interesting rumour.

Simon would have been a good addition. But I am still hoping they wake up and give Bootland the chance that he clearly deserves. Bootland is probably the only gritty guy in our system that plays hockey and does it with a chip on his shoulder with that being said we need to sign a gritty guy who is a good player...for example Danny Markov. He is a good dman who hits and blocks shots.

I mean Hudler, Filppula and Kopecky are not going hit night in and night out.

Exactly....

The thing I don't understand you look at a guy like Johan Franzen, he's big, he skates well, which should mean he can hit and he only does occassionally. I think he can be a force, if he wanted.

If I were Bootland or any of the other guys trying out for the Wings, I would take notice and fill that role. It's almost like the Wings don't want that style??

Maybe I'm just assuming this but it sure seems that way.

Edited by diehrd

I'll tell you right now that the Sabres are trading someone because they just traded away Taylor Pyatt for a fourth-round selection. This was to free up Cap room or playing room.

Pyatt was very promising. I don;t understand that one.

There is no way this could happen.

Kronwall is easily the best player in this proposed exchange.

Take his age, his potential, his trade value, his salary and it's better than Biron's, Maxim's, or Lang's.

Not only that, the Wings have no one to replace him and they'd be taking their number 1 young defensive prospect-with no one else in the system even close-and giving him away for a goalie who, while I covet, has a less chance of being a star.

It makes no sense on any level. It will not happen.

He is talented but oftened injured.

I have a feeling Eddie will land here, cuz apparently Sabres want too much for Biron + a foward, so Florida is in the mix now with Biron.... wouldnt be surprised to see Eddie signed by sunday night..

Finally my alcoholic friend and I will reunite for some drunken nights!! yay!!!

im refering to my game i play... you get drunk every time!!, heres how you play:

Use your favorite liquor!!

You take a shot after every goal scored.

You take 2 shots after every Goal let in by Belfour.

If Belfour gets a shutout you drink 10 Shots cuz you know he will be after the victory.

enjoy!