• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Wings/Sabres working on a trade?

Rate this topic

Ok let me get this right. People want to trade for Afinaganov aka the flashier less scoring ability version of Samsonov (who could have been had for free minus the cap space) and Biron a solid starter but nothing spectacular and are ok giving up Kronwall our best defensive prospect and currently the only one even remotely close to having 1/2 capabilities. Then to top it all off you want to sign Markov who by all accounts plays a slightly grittier game than Kronwall and is just as injury prone not to mention older and more expensive. Yulp that makes sense. Meech will prob never make the NHL, Lebda will top out at a 4 dman (if he ever gets that far), Quincey will prob be a good 3/4 guy, and Kindl is a total boom bust kind of guy. Not to mention that Buf has no need for Lang whatsoever with Briere and Drury. The Wings cannot give up a top 4 dman, because as of right now they only have 3. Not to mention that no one ever thinks that there is a reason that Markov has yet to be signed in the offseason of overpayments for 3/4 dmen. The entire trade is just plain stupid from both the Wings and Sabres perspective.

I say we just wait till the start of the season, we have waited this long why not wait longer? There is still Belfour, Hasek, Lindros, Carter, Nolan, Peca, Sykora, Allison, Markov, and Bondra. They are out there and we can sign most of them to one year deals. So why trade Kronwall? Trading Kronwall would be the worst mistake ever by the Wings, unless of course we somehow win the cup next year....... :yowza:

B)

Chiming in to say Max has a horrible shot. He's Pavel Bure junior without any semblance of finish.

Schneider for Biron/forward makes a hell of a lot more sense than anything including Lang, Max, or Kronwall.

Kronwall will not be the "next Lidstrom" Hell, Kindl won't be "next Lidstrom" either, and he has more upside as far as being a complete defenseman (More boom then bust at this point, but that may all change). One think without a doubt is Kronwall is a good defenseman and unless you can replace him with another good defenseman than it would foolish to make the trade.

Why would the Sabres want Lang, unless they were going to package him with someone else and send them to the Habs or ... ? II am assuming that pick would have to be a 1st and 2nd round pick?

Take this from someone who has watched both Afinogenov and Pyatt play...

1- Max has speed like crazy but does not finish. To be a goal scorer you must score goals, Max is not consistant enough in that to ever truely be considered a goal scorer.

2- Pyatt is a waste of roster space. His potential is zilch. The guy is huge but doesn't touch anyone (like I said in the Pyatt thread, I've always called him Snuggles). His biggest achievement was a hat trick fluke last season. He's a pretty boy, he stands around looking pretty and that's it.

There's a report from Western NY.

Edited by Moe

Kronwall will not be the "next Lidstrom" Hell, Kindl won't be "next Lidstrom" either, and he has more upside as far as being a complete defenseman (More boom then bust at this point, but that may all change).

:lol:

Good one.

Don't think so?

From what I've read about Kindl, so far in his development he's in the mold of a Matt Schneider. He plays great offense with average or even below average defense.

Kronwall, on the other hand, is a top NHL prospect and has a far higher ceiling than Kindl.

I would beleive every part of this except the Kronwall thing.. I would say those two from buffalo are barely worth Kronwall alone. I got not a lot of love for Lang, but I think he's the player Detroit really shouldn't give up cause the guy has size, none of the other centermen really have size. Hank and Draper make up for size in that they are very strong.. and it's a credit to them but...

I can't say I've really liked a lot of the trade rumors surrounding Detroit at all so far. The goalies that have been mentioned, I liked Luongo and Gerber was allright, but after they lost out on those two I think Holland needed to just find some sort of stop gap until one of they're prospects developed and call it good. Crazy Eddie or Hasek would be allright, but I'm just worried about the problems either of those guy's egoes would cause in the locker room. I'd still like to see them pick up Aebischer from Montreal, the superstar to be had was Luongo and he's gone. Detroit would be doing just fine with an average goalie for the time being. Biron is NOT tested, heck of a gamble to trade your only big center and your only good young defenseman away for. Afgenof (yeah I butchered his name, sorry) isn't any more impressive than some of the other prospects they have will be in a few years.

I am VERY not for them trying for and not winning a cup next year by trading away the talent for the next 3-7 years. They do this crap (AGAIN!!) and I'm finding another team to follow, flat out. First and foremost I'm a hockey fan, and if Detroit is content with destroying their future.. time to check out someone else who isn't.

I agree this trade rumor is garbage. I know everyone here has been smashing Afenigenov, but if this same rumor were in a Buffalo forum they'd be irrate about dealing him away for someone like Lang, and I wouldn't doubt they'd say Kronwall is "unproven" "injury prone" or "over-rated."

The Sabres are just as high on Afenigenov as we are about our young players. They won't deal him anymore than we'll deal Kronwall.

If they're willing to dish out Pyatt for picks there's no chance the Wings would do this deal anyway. They'd be giving up too much considering they can probably get Biron alone for much less.

From what I've read about Kindl, so far in his development he's in the mold of a Matt Schneider. He plays great offense with average or even below average defense.

Kronwall, on the other hand, is a top NHL prospect and has a far higher ceiling than Kindl.

Yeah, he plays great offense, but as far as being below average defensively I don't know about that. At this stage, there is no telling, how good he can be defensively. One thing he does have over Kronwall is size. By the time, he reaches the NHL he could become crease clearing defenseman that can provide some offense. I like Kronwall. I just think everybody is expecting to much from him. Lidstrom is one of kind.

what I am wondering is how dose this source close to the biron family know whos involved in this deal besides biron <_< . I truly think that this rumor is just that a rumor :thumbdown:

I swear if kenny so much as mentions Kronwalls name in a trade .....its not going to be good

Guest Yzerman_is_hockeytown

I dont see Holland parting ways with Kronwall, unless something really swarms his attention

I can't see this happening... if it does that better be a 1st rd pick. Even still, doesn't seem like enough.

The only downer I see on Kronner is injuries... two (albeit freakish) major injuries in two seasons. Another season like that & he'll get a reputation for being a straka...

Still, he's on my no-trade list.

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen. We NEED a goalie!!! Not a 41 year old goalie either!! I'm not sure I like the thought of giving up Lang, but I actually wouldn't mind giving up Kronwall. He deffinately has potential, but right now he seems VERY much injury prone. Can we afford to have Kronwall miss half the season EVERY year? I know your all in love with him, but will he every play a full season???

I can't see this happening... if it does that better be a 1st rd pick. Even still, doesn't seem like enough.

Are you kidding me... not enough? if it was a first round pick + Biron + a good forward for Lang and Kronwell... thats more than enough for the wings, i dont see why everyones all over Kronwell so much, yeah he may be good down the road, but its a gamble worth taking cuz right now detroit is in need of a goalie, and a speedy forward, and defenseman, which by the way i think will be Markov. But besides that id take the deal, and i highly doubt its going to be a #1 draft pick, probably a 3rd rounder.

i dont see this trade happenign because one kronwall is a guy we need in our d-corps, and two langs salary wont fit into buffalos budget as they are trying to resign pretty all of last years team to new deals and most are good raises. if anything it wil be someone cheap and decent that can play consistantly at the NHL level, like a draper or maltby, or we could even try and pawn hudler on to them for biron.. who knows but i say keep lang as hes a big center that we NEED for playoffs. i dont know why we want to get rid of lang.. well atleast you guys.. if anything get rid of lilja. or we coudl trade williams rights for biron strait up or something.. but keep lang and kronwall