• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Wings/Sabres working on a trade?

Rate this topic

for those that do not to wade through the pop ups...

According to Fan sport radio in Ottawa Fan890, they said an hour ago that CJAD in Mtl is reporting from a source close to the Biron familly that a trade will be made by the weekend.

To Detroit: Martin Biron - Maxim Afinogenov & a draft pick

to Buffalo: Robert Lang & Nicklas Kronwall

take it or leave it, I just heard it on the radio.

Edited by bcroz

WHOA!!! I dunno much about Biron, but I'll go out on a limb and say that at this point in his career, a bit more viable an option than Eddie. Hopefully this won't put a stranglehold on any moves we'll be able to make at next years deadline though.

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me -- as good as Biron and Afinogenov are, you can probably fetch something more substantial for a guy like Kronwall. He's a top young defenceman who has shown the ability to dominate -- if Holland is going to trade him, it'd better be for an established veteran scorer. And I'd be surprised if it isn't Belfour who ultimately tends the pipes.

If we do we had better pick up markov off the UFA list. At least it would be something to spice up the wings, im sick and tired of waiting around for something to happen. Id rather that deal go throught then through away our chances on the alky. The other thing is that it seems like Anahem is getting ready for a deal with there goalies as well, it will be interesting to see how it works out.

We will all be irate. Kronwall WILL NOT BE TOUCHED. Him and Hank are the two Wings that are basically untouchable. That's why I'm thinking this rumor is crap.

I will definitely agree with you on this one. Zetts and Kronner are going nowhere. I doubt this trade will happen...after all Kenny has more important things to do other than his job. But if it did happen Buffalo would be building a dream team of young talent.

Ya right... trade Kronwall??? WTF

kronwall and Lilja

for Miller and Afinogenov

Right before they anounce the signing of Markov

We would have to get a MAJOR return for trading off our potential franchise D-man

No way will we trade Kronwall, that would be stupid. I don't believe this rumor. I like every part of it besides Kronwall, but he is untouchable. Those are Hollands words, we have heard alot of untrue rumors this year. I thinks this is another.

This post is in the wrong place! should be in rumors. I would go for it but I can tell you it will never happen. Kronwall is not going any were. Just one more stupid rumor going on!

Horrible trade, Kronwall for f'n Afinogenov...give me a break. Detroit will be paper thin on defense if this were to happen. I'm having a hard time believing it...

Make it Lang and Bootland. Maybe a sign and trade deal (see comments from other thread about Hollands non mention of Bootland).

While I do like Bootland thats a rather ridiculous dropoff going from Kronwall to him.

Kronwall wont be traded. Im sure Kenny realizes that he is the future of the blueline. The last Swedish defenseman we drafted and developed turned out to be the best defeseman to ever play in the red and white. While Kronwall is not Nicklas Lidstrom right now, he has the potential to be. I wouldn't trade Kronwall under any circumstance.

Good trade from the Wings perspective, but it doesn't help Buffalo that much.

THEY WOULD BE GETTING NIKLAS KRONWALL! HOW DOESNT THAT HELP THEM?!

Yes but Kronwall helps.

Holland was on the radio a few days ago and he said that he wanted to sign people to one year deals so they could prove themselves worthy of an extension. Kind of like Samuelsson and Cleary. He also said that he did not want to tie his money up with long contracts because he has to do some re-signing of his own soon. He mentioned that he really wanted to re-sign Datsyuk and Kronwall. Holland wouldn't sit around and 'save' money for Kronwall and Datsyuk to turn around and trade Kronwall. He is not going anywhere. Kronwall is more important to us than Datsyuk because if we lose Dats we obviously have Zetterberg who is better and younger. But we have nobody to serve as a replacement for Kronwall if this stupid rumour is true.

Edited by superstarsingh