• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

Wings/Sabres working on a trade?

Rate this topic

Clearly this info is coming from a rumor site that is being reported by an unconfirmed person who said to have heard this from an unconfirmed and therfore unreliable radio station that appearantly has insider info that nobody else does.

Calm down, this is just another garbage rumor.

Why is everyone in love with Kronwall? The guys been injured over half his NHL career. If Fischer is coming back, that makes room. Plus we have Quincey, Lebda, Kindl, Meech, etc ... all great young D proispects. afinogenov with datsyuk would be sick.

Edited by alienanxiety

Why is everyone in love with Kronwall? The guys been injured over half his NHL career. If Fischer is coming back, that makes room. Plus we have Quincey, Lebda, Kindl, Meech, etc ... all great young D proispects. afinogenov with datsyuk would be sick.

So you're banking on Fisch to comeback? :unsure: While I love Fischer and want him back I still wouldnt trade our brightest young defeseman away because he MIGHT be coming back. Hell Fischer and Kronwall together is even better. We all love Kronwall because we see his potential and we have seen him play, while you apparently have not.

...well replace Kronwall with Dasyuk and replace Afinogenov with Drury and that sounds alot better...

...Lang, Datsyuk for Biron, Drury & draftpick...

...Kronwall = NO WAY!

...with all due respect to Fischer and God bless him with his health struggle, but Kronwall is leaps and bounds better than Ficsher, he may not be as big, but he hits bigger. Kronwall is the real deal and he needs to stay a Red Wing. If Holland makes this trade, he is a bigger idiot than I thought...

...well replace Kronwall with Dasyuk and replace Afinogenov with Drury and that sounds alot better...

...Lang, Datsyuk for Biron, Drury & draftpick...

...Kronwall = NO WAY!

...with all due respect to Fischer and God bless him with his health struggle, but Kronwall is leaps and bounds better than Ficsher, he may not be as big, but he hits bigger. Kronwall is the real deal and he needs to stay a Red Wing. If Holland makes this trade, he is a bigger idiot than I thought...

I have to see it to believe it. If Kronwall can continue playing like he did in the World's, fine. Before Fischer went down he was playing at an extremely high level, arguably the Wings best d-man. I havent seen Kronwall play nearly as well as Fischer did before he went down.

Make it Lang and Schnieder and I'm all for it.

Curious...if Howard is 1-2 years away, why wouldn't we pick up Eddie and have a decent goalie core (Eddie and Ozzy) and look to spend or trade on some bigger needs (goals and grit). The Maxim part if the deal I like but giving up a very promising, young, hard hitting D man in Kronner for no D-man in return is questionable. Especially since Biron hasn't proven anything yet.

...plus, consider this, Kronwall has been their number 1 prospect for about 3 years running, I like Biron, I know nothing about Afinogenov, but I would say neither of them is worth your top prospect..

...ditch this deal, if this is done it could very well top the Adam Oates/Paul MacLean for Bernie Frderko/ Tony McKegney deal...

I'm totally in agreement with you guys on this one. There's no way we should even consider trading Kronwall, seeing as it's anybody's guess as to when/if Fischer is coming back. Not to mention the fact that Nik is probably the only d-man in our system with true top-pairing potential. Kindl is talented, but has a long way to go, and Quincey should make the NHL, but won't be spectacular. We are awfully shallow in the defensive department.

There is a tremendous amount of offensive potential in Maxim Afinogenov, and only this season did he really put it together. Afinogenov certainly could provide the speed and talent we sorely lack on the wings, but I'm kinda wondering how big of a salary he'd command next season. He's a restricted free agent, right?

As for Biron, I know he's been discussed here for a long time, and I do indeed think of him as an upgrade over Belfour. But, IMO, he's a little overrated on these boards.

Iwould do that deal in a heartbeat. Biron is young and skilled. Afinagenov is a rising star and fast as hell. Lang is a soft as a big fluffy cloud and slow. Kranwall has a huge heart but his body is too frail to play the way he does. Do the deal.

It makes total sense for the Wings to also acquire Paul Gaustad in any Lang/Biron transaction. He's a perfect 3rd or 4th line center for this team. Not sure what it would take besides Lang but i know it sure as hell wouldnt cost Kronwall.

...plus, consider this, Kronwall has been their number 1 prospect for about 3 years running, I like Biron, I know nothing about Afinogenov, but I would say neither of them is worth your top prospect..

Kronwall has been the Wings number 1 prospect for that long because the lockout and his injuries have kept him from being a fulltime member of the Wings.

Doesn't mean much but Eklund mentioned a trade between the Sabres and Detroit this morning:

Today looks like the day that the Eagle will grow Wings as Eddie Belfour and the Red Wings are very close to announcing a deal(e4)...A rumor was circulating yesterday that the reason this deal has been stalled was because the Wings were working a deal that would have sent Lang to Buffalo for Biron plus a forward. The forward was the sticking point.

How can you not like the idea of getting Afinogenov, hes a poor mans Kovalchuk. His whole career has gone unnoticed playing in

Gaustad!

Why is this rumor even posted?? This will never happen. Kronwall will never be traded this early. This rumor is absolute crap.

As for Afinogenov, you guys are vastly overrating him, but then again he is overrated in general. I like his speed, but the guy cannot finish. Ask Buffalo fans, in fact, ask most hockey fans who watch this guy a lot. Hes tons of skill, playmaking, and flash but hes a terrible finisher. I wouldnt mind him here, but not at an expensive price, which is likely what itll take to get him.

Kronwall has been the Wings number 1 prospect for that long because the lockout and his injuries have kept him from being a fulltime member of the Wings.

...well, whatever helps this team. It's obvious I am not the GM, nor am I saying I would be any good at it. I just think if we're going to trade anyone of the kids, it should be Datsyuk, I think Kronwall is a keeper. Not unless Kindl is that much better...

...I have no problem getting rid of Lang, I imagine that since Montreal is hot after him, Buffalo would love to steal him away...