• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VladyIBELIEVE16

Red Wings Nation -This includes YOU!

Rate this topic

Now that the 2006-20067 schedules have been released, here's something I was wondering about-

How about we invade another arena? Maybe we all travel and meet in a city for a Red Wings game in another city?

i.e. we all travel to Boston for a weekend and go to the Fleet center, or San Jose to the Shark tank or North Carolina to a Hurricanes game or to Phoenix to see a game against the wings?

I've always wanted to see games around the country (as a goal all thirty arenas).

What if every season we all met over a weekend in one city to see a game?

Obviously everyone would need to cover their own travel expenses, food and ticket costs.

This is a suggestion at this point and your feedback is requested.

I could talk to Kevin (Rinkside Ramblings) about it -- he's a veteran of these kinds of trips and uses Mickey Redmond Travel & Tours all of the time.

I'm sure if the response is good enough (if the people involved are centrally located, I'm not sure if you all must be in the Detroit Metro area) maybe we could work some kind of discount?

Well, I have lucked out for this scenario, if for whatever reasons people want to arrange a trip elsewhere outside of Detroit…

The college I went to is in Fort Worth, roughly 30 miles west of Dallas. Fortunately, one of the weekends I am planning to go back there for a football game this fall is the same weekend the Red Wings play a game against the Stars in the neighboring city.

It’s the final weekend of October. The Wings game is Fri, October 27 with the football game the day after on Sat, October 28. Weather is usually good down in Dallas-Fort Worth that time of year, might be chilly but in all likelihood the temperatures are in the 50s/60s.

American Airlines Arena is a pretty solid place, and there are plenty of great places to hang out in Dallas at, or in Fort Worth for that manner, both are great cities. Anything in downtown Dallas or north of it is usually really nice and safe, once you get a few miles south of the downtown Dallas area is where things get a bit sketchy. AA Arena is just north of the downtown area.

I haven’t confirmed any of my plans yet or where I would stay exactly in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but unless something major happens with work or whatever else, I’m going to be in DFW that weekend. I’d probably drive up to DFW early, early morning that Friday; it’s roughly an 8 hour drive from where I’m from.

So, unless there are 100 people on this trip you probably wouldn’t have to worry about spending money on renting a car. I wouldn’t mind driving people around, my car could fit a decent amount of people.

If anybody wants to get serious about this, I’m game in playing host and organizing something and recommending cost-effective places to stay as I should be up there during the time anyways. I can be flexible somewhat and probably take an extra day off work to accommodate and drive others around that want to make a trip of this, if necessary, and come up a day early if anybody can only arrive on that Thursday or whatever.

Just keep this thread active or PM me if you’re up for this or have any other ideas. We could figure out the ticket situation and other things if this idea progresses any further.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

lets do vancouver its a nice city and i live there lol close to cali vladdy its breeze driving up here, word class city stay away from the junkies though pm and i could help plan a trip

Any more talk of a road trip?

I can easily get to Vancouver, and depending on how far in the future, could even possibly provide a rallying point for anyone heading up I-5.

Sun Oct 28, 2007 Red Wings Canucks 7:00 PM PT

Sat Feb 23, 2008 Red Wings Canucks 7:00 PM PT

I would probably be more apt to go to the Feb one, as I need time to get my passport, save up, etc.

We should do this!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

seriously if you guys wanna head down to van i can help you guys out we have quite a few wings fan here in van. i can show you guys the city and stuff! even though it is a overpriced city it is a really nice place to visit

Guest jaytan

I'd be down for a Vancouver invasion. It's pretty much the only team anywhere near me.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 Red Wings Canucks 7:00 PM PT

That's my choice. A Saturday night game is a plus. Vancouver's the coolest city in the league. I'd need some time to arrange my plans and save some cash. Plus, it's like a week after my birthday, and that's a bonus. :thumbup:

i live in san jose about 15 minutes walking distance from the shark tank if anyone wants to come hang out and go to a game. my doors are always open to fellow wings fans

Edited by puckhog419

Interesting, I'm looking at making the West Coast trip to Canada in February ,

Flames Feb 22

Canucks Feb 23

Oilers Feb 26

Not quite as elaborate as my last trip but a step nearer the 30 .... 19 (not too shabby a number, maybe I'll stick at that...lol)

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

a invasion of red at GM place would be wicked

if you guys want to do this i think we have enough people we got to act fast because vancouver canucks tickets are rare and hard to get we need to act asap if we want to sit in a section

a invasion of red at GM place would be wicked

if you guys want to do this i think we have enough people we got to act fast because vancouver canucks tickets are rare and hard to get we need to act asap if we want to sit in a section

Any sure fire ways of getting tickets, I'm using the sit on Ticketmaster approach which so far hasn't failed me but obviously that's not going to get us collocated.

Also going to take in the Giants game the following night.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

i can get us all in a section side by side if we act fast! im very connected with a person that works there, otherwise we won't be near each other! no sea of red! if we can get 10 LGWers to come i can bring a few red wings vancouver fans we will be visable on tv

REDWINGS4LYFE a few things have changed since this idea was posted. EastLansingNative is moving from Oregon to Orange County, California and with the the move and everything - center ice, buying four tickets for October 14th and 15th down here sort of puts a different twist on it for us.

We'll have to see how things are come December.

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

we can always do this next year i always get bullied at gm place i would love have some muscle on my side.