• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VisiblyShaken

Souray to Det for Lang and prospect?

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterBurger40

Hmm, our only "power" forward/guy that scores in the playoffs + Hudler for yet ANOTHER powerplay defenseman? How 'bout NO.

I would love this, also opens the door for a possible Schneider for Biron.

I dont see anything about this Souray for Lang thing on the link though?

No, no, no. Souray is not worth Lang and Hudler. Lang for Souray seems okay, just leave Hudler out of it. Maybe we should try and grab Ryder. Souray and Ryder for Lang and Hudler? I do not like this possibility of trading Hudler because though he is small he is going to play wing for us next season and as we know, we dont exactly have depth on either wing.

Its all about needs. The team needs a mean, tough defenseman like Souray. Lang is or will be 36 yrs old next season and is replaceable. If this deal is actually out there and the Wings dont take it, theyre stupid...plain and simple.

"The Habs have offered to send Souray to the Red Wings for Robert Lang. The Habs would like a prospect to be included. The name that has been mentioned is Hulder. The Kings have also expressed interested in Souray, and so have the Sharks."

"The Habs have offered to send Souray to the Red Wings for Robert Lang. The Habs would like a prospect to be included. The name that has been mentioned is Hulder. The Kings have also expressed interested in Souray, and so have the Sharks."

Thanks Mac. Well im gonna go ahead and give up hope on Souray with the Sharks and Kings being interested. Holland is too unwilling to part with roster players to be able to outbid 2 teams. Thats a damn shame too, if the Habs have actually offered US this deal, and not the other way around. How can you not accept this trade if you're Detroit...this is the kinda thing that gets me pissed.

Thanks Mac. Well im gonna go ahead and give up hope on Souray with the Sharks and Kings being interested. Holland is too unwilling to part with roster players to be able to outbid 2 teams. Thats a damn shame too, if the Habs have actually offered US this deal, and not the other way around. How can you not accept this trade if you're Detroit...this is the kinda thing that gets me pissed.

Thats the thing Lou, the Wings have the advantage over the other two teams because the Habs really want Lang so that they can play him on a line with Kovalev. I can't see a reason not to do this trade, the thing that i like about Souray is that he is only 30. He still has a good 4 to 6 years left in him. Personally i would be all over this if i was Holland.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Thats the thing Lou, the Wings have the advantage over the other two teams because the Habs really want Lang so that they can play him on a line with Kovalev. I can't see a reason not to do this trade, the thing that i like about Souray is that he is only 30. He still has a good 4 to 6 years left in him. Personally i would be all over this if i was Holland.

This is true, as the Kings would probably offer them a winger like Frolov, and the Sharks certainly wouldnt give up someone like Marleau. I didnt think about that, so yeah, I guess the Wings would have the advantage here like you said. And even if Souray didnt work out here, he'll be a FA next season i think, as is Lang, so theres no harm done. Plays good, re-sign him! If we get confirmation from the local papers in Detroit that this is a legitimate offer, and we dont accept it, its such bulls***.

We've needed a strong guy that can clear the crease for years now. Souray fits the bill. We can also put him on the point on the PP, he has a rocket for a shot and knows what he's doing, unlike Williams. If the Habs made this offer, I say take it and free up the 1.4 million (Plus whatever Hudler is making). With that extra cash we can look at some of the UFA/RFAs or save it for the deadline.

This trade makes sense on many levels.

Its all about needs. The team needs a mean, tough defenseman like Souray. Lang is or will be 36 yrs old next season and is replaceable. If this deal is actually out there and the Wings dont take it, theyre stupid...plain and simple.

Ive seen enough Montreal games to know that this is a very bad idea.If u watch the top 10 goals of the year Souray is getting undressed in 2 of them.Maybe I take him straight up for Lang but NO way do we throw Hudler in there.

Souray would be like the second coming of Lilja. Sure, he's decent on the pp, but the man is a pylon. I'm not opposed to dealing Lang, but we'd need a scorer back -- otherwise it's Datysuk, Zetterberg, Williams, Samuelsson and Holmstrom forming our offensive core at forward. Which means no playoffs.

I swear Holland has really rubbed off on alot of you guys. What, do you people want Lang here till he's 40??? He'll be a FA next season, and shouldnt be re-signed if this team is truly looking to the future. Isnt that what alot of the Holland defenders are saying as to why we havent signed anybody? That this upcoming season is just to set the stage for the following year? So what the hell is the use in holding onto Lang for 1 more season if you can get someone who's 5 years younger, fills a need, and if he doesnt play well you just dont re-sign him?? There is simply no argument anyone can give me as to why a Souray trade for Lang shouldnt be made.