• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Wings interested in.....

Rate this topic

The Wings are reportedly interested in Owen Nolan, Anson Carter, and Kenny Jonsson....

Also the Lang for Souray trade could definately happen, as Souray would be an excellent addition to this team and something that we've been needed as well. If we lose Lang, we'll definately need to add some size and scoring to the front lines... This is where I see Nolan and Carter coming in. Add those two guys and fill in the rest with our youth, I think we'd be pretty strong. If Souray is in though, I'd like to see Lilja or Schneider be traded to make room. Belfour will most likely be our netminder, since a trade is not likely, but I would still like to see us trade say Schneider for Biron, or Schneider for Nabokov, or Schneider for Giguere... one of those three would make me more excited than if we got Belfour. Anyway, that's all I got for now...

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Nolan

Williams - Datsyuk - Carter

Franzen - Draper - Samuelsson

Maltby - Cleary - Bootland/Kopecky/Hudler (if he is still a Wing)

Lidstrom - Jonsson

Kronwall - Souray

Chelios - Lebda

Lilja

Biron/Nabokov/Giguere

Osgood

This is just a wish-list for what I hope may happen, sure Carter is interchangeable, and Hudler could see more time if he isn't traded, and we may not acquire two new d-men and trade Schneider, but this would look nice.... I especially like the defensive core better this way, it's nice to see some more size in Jonsson and especially in Souray... I can hope and dream!

Rumor or just Hockey McDreamy crap....trading Schnieder for any of those goaltenders is not logical. Salary wise...it doesn't work. Lineup wise it's redundant. Why trade away a major piece of our defense for a goaltender who's going to get shelled because of an inexperienced defense. Schneider is more valuable to the defense and offense of the Wings than half of our forwards. It would be nice to have Giggy or Nabokov, but accepting their bloated salaries at the expense of a defensemen who's actually worth his money is just not logical.

Owen Nolan- locker room cancer, Injury prone, way past his prime and about as valuable offensively as any young guy we bring up.

Anson Carter- Asking for too much money, and too long of a contract. Decent player, but not a reasonable fix.

Jonsson- I have no issues with Detroit bringing him in. He'd be a solid addition.

Overall I'm beginning to lean more towards bringing up the young guys, and if possible trading draft picks or expendable players for a goaltender like Biron who's salary is decent and who will be a UFA next season.

Owen Nolan- his career is over, not worth spending $$$ on him :thumbdown:

Anson Carter- Would be a great fit with the wings - did score 33 goals last year.... :thumbup:

Jonsson- Why? Ya better the lilja, but he isnt the type of D the wings need, they need soem toughness on the blueline and jonsson wont add that :thumbdown:

Rumor or just Hockey McDreamy crap....trading Schnieder for any of those goaltenders is not logical. Salary wise...it doesn't work. Lineup wise it's redundant. Why trade away a major piece of our defense for a goaltender who's going to get shelled because of an inexperienced defense. Schneider is more valuable to the defense and offense of the Wings than half of our forwards. It would be nice to have Giggy or Nabokov, but accepting their bloated salaries at the expense of a defensemen who's actually worth his money is just not logical.

Owen Nolan- locker room cancer, Injury prone, way past his prime and about as valuable offensively as any young guy we bring up.

Anson Carter- Asking for too much money, and too long of a contract. Decent player, but not a reasonable fix.

Jonsson- I have no issues with Detroit bringing him in. He'd be a solid addition.

Overall I'm beginning to lean more towards bringing up the young guys, and if possible trading draft picks or expendable players for a goaltender like Biron who's salary is decent and who will be a UFA next season.

Schneider is a good offensive defensemen, and an OK at best defensive defensemen.... If we could get a goalie for Schneider it would make perfect sense. There is no way to say that Nolan's career is over, he's 34, and he is not a locker room cancer, where do you get your information? Owen Nolan is an excellent all-around performer, capable of leading both his team in scoring and the dressing room. Has good size and an excellent shot. Also chips in defensively. The Wings are interested in him, take that as you may, but there is interest. these are role-players, not key players, that's left up to our regulars... Carter would be good feeding off of Datsyuk... Souray would be an excellent addition if he could be had for Lang. I hate to say it, but we are most likely getting Belfour... it is delayed, but it is only a matter of time.

Hey Donohue75, did you even see Jonsson in Riga this year. This is no soft puck-passing blueliner anymore, Jonsson looked more like a crazy bull who tried to contribute in every situation. He did really well, in every aspect of the game and he hasn't lost his scoring touch. He also hit alot and crashed opponents to the boards all the time. I would be more than happy if we got Jonsson. He definitely was a positive surprise for me.

Edited by EstonianWingsFan#1

Schneider is a good offensive defensemen, and an OK at best defensive defensemen.... If we could get a goalie for Schneider it would make perfect sense. There is no way to say that Nolan's career is over, he's 34, and he is not a locker room cancer, where do you get your information? Owen Nolan is an excellent all-around performer, capable of leading both his team in scoring and the dressing room. Has good size and an excellent shot. Also chips in defensively. The Wings are interested in him, take that as you may, but there is interest. these are role-players, not key players, that's left up to our regulars... Carter would be good feeding off of Datsyuk... Souray would be an excellent addition if he could be had for Lang. I hate to say it, but we are most likely getting Belfour... it is delayed, but it is only a matter of time.

Why give up Schnieder to acquire a goalie.....to then go and trade a center, Lang, only to acquire a defensemen not as good as Schnieder? Aren't we basically just losing a center, and taking a step back on defense. Souray and Schnieder are about as physical as one another, but Souray isn't nearly as offensive, and he may only be a touch better defensively than Schnieder.....if that. So that little circle you painted doesn't really connect enough to solve any problems other than acquiring a goaltender

But then again with all of the goalies out there looking for a starting job....the Wings shouldn't have to give up much to get one. And as much as I hate Belfour....I think it's inevitable....and as long as he's coming at a cheap rate I can at least hope for the best.

Signing Carter makes some sense....except he wants a long term contract for too much money. So in that sense he isnt' any better than Lang (other than he's a winger and not a center). I'd rather over pay Lang simply because he puts up better numbers, and his contract is almost up so he won't be tieing up money down the road.

Nolan doesn't have a well documented past. He had his days when he was with the Sharks. The fans loved him in San Jose, but the management still moved him. There was a controversy, and there were disagreements between Nolan, the coaching staff, and the management. He hasn't had a decent season since. In between injuries and his recent issues with the Leafs management I can't even recall the last time he played a straight months worth of hockey. I wouldn't be completely opposed to bringing him here if he came at the minumum. We could sign him and hope to get the Nolan from his San Jose days.....and hope he doesn't spend the entire season chillin in the press box.

If you have a chance to move a 37 year old Schneider, you do it. Especially when he's a free agent after the season.

Why the hell would you trade prospects for Biron?? Bringing Legace back would've been smarter.

Jonnson would be a hell of a pickup.

Why give up Schnieder to acquire a goalie.....to then go and trade a center, Lang, only to acquire a defensemen not as good as Schnieder? Aren't we basically just losing a center, and taking a step back on defense. Souray and Schnieder are about as physical as one another, but Souray isn't nearly as offensive, and he may only be a touch better defensively than Schnieder.....if that. So that little circle you painted doesn't really connect enough to solve any problems other than acquiring a goaltender

But then again with all of the goalies out there looking for a starting job....the Wings shouldn't have to give up much to get one. And as much as I hate Belfour....I think it's inevitable....and as long as he's coming at a cheap rate I can at least hope for the best.

Signing Carter makes some sense....except he wants a long term contract for too much money. So in that sense he isnt' any better than Lang (other than he's a winger and not a center). I'd rather over pay Lang simply because he puts up better numbers, and his contract is almost up so he won't be tieing up money down the road.

Nolan doesn't have a well documented past. He had his days when he was with the Sharks. The fans loved him in San Jose, but the management still moved him. There was a controversy, and there were disagreements between Nolan, the coaching staff, and the management. He hasn't had a decent season since. In between injuries and his recent issues with the Leafs management I can't even recall the last time he played a straight months worth of hockey. I wouldn't be completely opposed to bringing him here if he came at the minumum. We could sign him and hope to get the Nolan from his San Jose days.....and hope he doesn't spend the entire season chillin in the press box.

Souray is a better defensemen than Schneider in that he plays more defense than offense.... He's also 7 years younger, hits a lot more and actually will drop the gloves. Souray is almost the exact type of player we need here in Detroit.. Oh also he clears the front of the net, something NONE of our d-men do that well. Souray over Schneider is a good move.

Getting Carter for say, 2 years, is a good deal if he comes cheaper than he has been asking. I'm not opposed to keeping Lang, but if moving him means we can make some more room for the possibility to pick up some gritty tougher offensive talent, than I'm all for it.

Belfour is not going to be a Wing afterall, looks like we're targeting Biron, Giguere, or Abby.. Abby could be packed in the Lang to Montreal deal...

Nolan would be a good pick-up at a low cost for a season to see if he can prove himself to be what we need, then he can get a raise next year if he performs. I don't doubt that Nolan has had problems in the past and that he may not be able to play to the potential now, but if we have the room and need someone with his type of talent, why not give the guy a chance to see what he can do, he is also a good leader, something we can always use after losing Yzerman and Shanahan...

If you have a chance to move a 37 year old Schneider, you do it. Especially when he's a free agent after the season.

Why the hell would you trade prospects for Biron?? Bringing Legace back would've been smarter.

Jonnson would be a hell of a pickup.

I would like to get Jonsson too.... Souray, Jonsson, or Markov, if we get one of those three guys I'll be happy.

Hey Donohue75, did you even see Jonsson in Riga this year. This is no soft puck-passing blueliner anymore, Jonsson looked more like a crazy bull who tried to contribute in every situation. He did really well, in every aspect of the game and he hasn't lost his scoring touch. He also hit alot and crashed opponents to the boards all the time. I would be more than happy if we got Jonsson. He definitely was a positive surprise for me.

That was in the Olympics, he's very injury prone also. If he comes and Schneider leaves, fine, but since this team needs a physical defensman, he's not it

Well a lot of people had good olymipics, doesnt mean that the wings should run out and sign them....

2 weeks of hockey compared to how they have played in the past,

Stats for the last 3 years

Year Team GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GW GT SOG Pct

2001-02 NYI 76 10 22 32 15 26 2 8 1 1 0 0 107 .093

2002-03 NYI 71 8 18 26 -8 24 3 7 1 1 0 1 108 .074

2003-04 NYI 79 5 24 29 25 22 3 6 0 3 2 0 106 .047

Compared to schneider

2002-03 DET 13 2 5 7 2 16 1 1 0 1 0 0 37 .054

2003-04 DET 78 14 32 46 22 56 4 16 1 0 4 0 165 .085

2005-06 DET 72 21 38 59 33 86 11 18 0 0 4 0 188 .112

Did he even play in the NHL last year?

Hi guys , im from Montreal and i would like to know what does it says in your newspaper sport section about Souray , Aebischer ? Is the Wings still interested in Souray & Aebischer?

What about Lang , is this guy a little too old ?

Hi guys , im from Montreal and i would like to know what does it says in your newspaper sport section about Souray , Aebischer ? Is the Wings still interested in Souray & Aebischer?

What about Lang , is this guy a little too old ?

There's nothing really in our papers about it, but it has been rumored that Lang is going to Montreal for Souray.... The lastest rumor was Lang, Hudler, Maltby for Ribeiro, Souray, and Aebischer... That's the last I have heard from a trusted source.

Lang is 35, but he still has good years in him and would play very very well between Samsonov and Kovalev.... no doubt about that, you'd get a quality player who will produce and Hudler could kick ass too, plus you'd get a STRONG penalty killer/mucker in Maltby. So who knows how legitimate this rumor is but it's been flying around lately and makes sense for both teams... but who knows.

There's nothing really in our papers about it, but it has been rumored that Lang is going to Montreal for Souray.... The lastest rumor was Lang, Hudler, Maltby for Ribeiro, Souray, and Aebischer... That's the last I have heard from a trusted source.

Lang is 35, but he still has good years in him and would play very very well between Samsonov and Kovalev.... no doubt about that, you'd get a quality player who will produce and Hudler could kick ass too, plus you'd get a STRONG penalty killer/mucker in Maltby. So who knows how legitimate this rumor is but it's been flying around lately and makes sense for both teams... but who knows.

Can i ask what is your source ??? Thanks a lot MannySaves77 , :thumbup: