• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
detroitballer

How about this trade?

Rate this topic

Daniel Briere and his new 5 million dollar deal alonge with Biron and his 2.1 million dollar deal for Lang and his 3.8 and Schneider with his 3.3 million dollar deal. Its a great deal for both teams, we need at golie and they have one. the salaries all would work. And Buffalo would like to add depth to the defence. So what do u guys think of this one even tho it is a really long shot.

So is Datsyuk the 3rd line center after that??!!

Horrible deal for Buffalo anyway, wont happen. Why wouldnt they just trade Briere somewhere else for someone alot younger, and then deal for Lang or Schneider seperately??

Briere's a great player, but we shouldn't just get him because he's great. It'd be a waste to pick up yet another all star centerman.

BRIERE AWARDED $5MILLION 1 YEAR OFFER

GARTH // Insider

Today @ 6:34 PM ET :: Comments (61)

Danny Briere is a very fortunate man. Darcy Regier, Larry Quinn, Tom Golisano and the Buffalo Sabres are now on the clock. An NHL Arbitrator has awrded the Sabres Captain a 1 year / $5 million contract offer. The Sabres now have 48 hours to accept or reject Briere's arb ruling. If the Sabres accept, they can beging long-term contract talks in January 2007. If the Sabres reject the offer, Briere will become an immediate Unrestricted Free Agent, free to sign with another team, and...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

So is Datsyuk the 3rd line center after that??!!

Horrible deal for Buffalo anyway, wont happen. Why wouldnt they just trade Briere somewhere else for someone alot younger, and then deal for Lang or Schneider seperately??

I know it's a fantasy deal, but if that was the case, you could move Zetterberg back to the wing where he is still very, very effective. You could either put him and Datsyuk back together for the #1 line or stick him with Briere, and allow Lang and Cleary to be your 3rd and 4th centers.

$5mil for an injury prone center? I'd pass. Briere's good and I'd take him because he's good, but at that cost we'd be better off keeping Lang who has the capability of putting up the same kind of numbers for less money and less injury risk.

Why is everyone on here so insistent that we trade Lang and Schnieder? I'll admit they're great for trade bait, but if I was going to trade anyone it would be Williams. Lang and Schnieder are two very key players on the team, but most people on here would move them just for the sake of pulling off a trade.

I'd love to have Biron, but I think giving up Lang or Schnieder for him would be too much. He could easily be acquired for a average role player and draft picks / prospects.

I know it's a fantasy deal, but if that was the case, you could move Zetterberg back to the wing where he is still very, very effective. You could either put him and Datsyuk back together for the #1 line or stick him with Briere, and allow Lang and Cleary to be your 3rd and 4th centers.

It still doesnt make sense from the Buffalo perspective though. Why the hell would they give up their young star player for some old guys? Like i said they could trade Briere somewhere else and fetch someone alot younger. Just for example purposes, they could go to Montreal and probably get Ryder and a couple good prospects. Then they'd still have Biron to use as trade bait to us. So it would move make very little sense to trade Briere to us unless they were getting some youth in the return package likeKronwall.

To put things in a different perspective, this is like someone suggesting trading Datsyuk for someone who's 36 yrs old. Would any of you go for it? Hell no...

It still doesnt make sense from the Buffalo perspective though. Why the hell would they give up their young star player for some old guys? Like i said they could trade Briere somewhere else and fetch someone alot younger. Just for example purposes, they could go to Montreal and probably get Ryder and a couple good prospects. Then they'd still have Biron to use as trade bait to us. So it would move make very little sense to trade Briere to us unless they were getting some youth in the return package likeKronwall.

To put things in a different perspective, this is like someone suggesting trading Datsyuk for someone who's 36 yrs old. Would any of you go for it? Hell no...

Oh, trust me, i know that it makes no sense at all.

I was just commenting on the "Datsyuk becoming the 3rd line center" part.

If we are plausibly going to get any forwards from the Sabres, Briere is not one of them, they won't let him go and we don't need him, we have enough good centers. The one player that would come here from Buffalo would be Afinogenov. I'm hoping for a Biron/Afinogenov for Lilja/Williams

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I really dont see that comming into reality. However i woudnl't count out

Lang + Prospect(Possibly Hudler) for.....

Dumont+ Biron

Keeps salary same and Dumont would look good on second line. If its possible i'd rather see Afineganov(SP) ina wings uniform.

I really dont see that comming into reality. However i woudnl't count out

Lang + Prospect(Possibly Hudler) for.....

Dumont+ Biron

Keeps salary same and Dumont would look good on second line. If its possible i'd rather see Afineganov(SP) ina wings uniform.

The point of Buffalo making any trades is to lower their salary so this doesn't make any sense for them.

The point of Buffalo making any trades is to lower their salary so this doesn't make any sense for them.

What about Biron and Afgen...ov?

How much total do they make? I would love to see him in the winged-wheel. If he had a better scoring touch he would be Ovechkin like. If you put him on the wing with either Pavel or Hank it could be magic.