• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Detroit Lions, NFL 2006 Season Thread

Rate this topic

I know its just preseason, but im excited about the offense. I loved that play where Orlovsky threw to Harris, Martz at his finest. I agree that McCown is great to have, at the very least a solid backup and does still have potential...but I think Kitna will be the man this year. I like him, Im expecting some good numbers out of him and some W's.

I'm refusing to get excited over this team this season. Even if they go 2-0 to start the season knocking off Seattle in game 1, I will continue to look at this team as 6-10 until game 7 is won.

:(

The Lions have too much invested in Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rogers to cut them.

Cutting Roy isn't even a option, that would be the dumbest thing ever.

The Lions have invested alot in Chinadoll, and M Williams, but they haven't invested any time or effort back to the Lions. So why not consider cutting them?

Cutting Roy isn't even a option, that would be the dumbest thing ever.

The Lions have invested alot in Chinadoll, and M Williams, but they haven't invested any time or effort back to the Lions. So why not consider cutting them?

you brought it up in cutting williams and rogers.

The lions FANS have invested a lot in these lions, you what have they got in return.

Cutting Charles Rogers is a mistake IMO. A WR that can just jump right in and be a superstar is rare. He needs to play a full season, healthy and drug free.

you brought it up in cutting williams and rogers.

He needs to play a full season, healthy and drug free.

When I said Williams it reffered to Mike. Don't get me wrong I hope Rogers turns out, but I just don't see it happening. He always claims he "changed" but never does. Hes been using these excuses, and getting in the same trouble since college.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I think this year belongs to the Indianapolis Colts. Had it not been for that missed field goal vs the Steelers, I think they would have won it last seaon. Colts defeat the Cowboys in the Superbowl.

I like the way you think! I'm a Colts fan of over 20 years (i.e. not a bandwagoner!), and I'm hoping we don't miss our window of opportunity...I think it's starting to close rapidly. This team cannot afford one major injury this season. We need Manning, Harrison, Wayne, and Stokley all 100% this season. I think RB by committee will work this year, and I was very impressed with Addai catching from the backfield in the first preseason game.

The defense needs to also stay healthy and get another year of experience under it's belt. Hopefully Freeney, Simon, and Mathis up front along with Sanders and Doss out back can cover for the gaping holes at linebacker.

Also, I think the addition of Vinatieri cannot be understated. Vanderjagt was a freakin' headcase who was always incapable of making the big kick in the playoffs...it happened more than once. The change at K can be absolutely decisive.

As far as I'm concerned, it's this year or never.

I'd be more concerned with Choke Artist Manning's inability to win a big game. That 3 point margin of victory was all due to one of the worst officiating calls in sports history. Otherwise, Peyton was blown out of yet another playoff game. That window for the Dolts looks to be closed IMO.

I'd be more concerned with Choke Artist Manning's inability to win a big game. That 3 point margin of victory was all due to one of the worst officiating calls in sports history. Otherwise, Peyton was blown out of yet another playoff game. That window for the Dolts looks to be closed IMO.

last year was the first year the colts were really the clear favorite to reach the super bowl. The past playoff performances had the colts losing to a New England team that beat everyone. I don't blame the colts for losing the afc championship games against the pats in the past because the pats were a dynasty.

The part that everyone forgets is the colts hurt themselve by resting their players a ton before the playoffs even began thus the colts lost the team chemistry. The steelers on the flip side were fighting for the playoffs long before the playoffs even began. This is a perfect example of why teams that are "battle tested" in fighting for the playoffs before they even begin can carry that into the playoffs.

The colts are still the best team in the AFC IMO and will win 12-13 games easily.

Thats true to a point, but Pittsburgh went into Indy and ***** slapped them on their home field. The game was an utter blowout until the refs decided they wanted to play God.

Thats fine though, the good guys still won. I hope the Colts keep talking trash, they'll have the same result this year. Hopefully Peyton has to come outside and play at Heinz. That would be great.

My god Kelvin Pritchett's announcing is so BAD i actually like him! Its just comical to me. "That was a horrible throw". His voice really reminds me of somebody...I think maybe Michael Smith from Around the Horn.

2 things i wanna next game : Josh McCown with some regulars and Bill Swancutt up against some stiffer opposition than 4th qu bums. Its really not fair that McCown is subjected to throwing to Glenn Martinez.

Hey Maritinez is better then 2 of our first round WR's.

ummm..no. 36 & 29 catches beats 1 catch. And don't even try to argue that Martinez is more talented than Charles Rogers or Mike Williams either. Charles Rogers was a well deserving #2 overall pick. Mike Williams was a well deserving 10th overall pick. Glenn Martinez wasn't even drafted.

Edited by timothy1997

ummm..no. 36 & 29 catches beats 1 catch. And don't even try to argue that Martinez is more talented than Charles Rogers or Mike Williams either. Charles Rogers was a well deserving #2 overall pick. Mike Williams was a well deserving 10th overall pick. Glenn Martinez wasn't even drafted.

it wasn't meant to be taken literally, I should have put one of those faces next to it

Less than 2 weeks to go. Everything is good in Pittsburgh so far....except for Ward's hammy and Townsend broke his thumb this week in practice. Aside from that, the boys are geared up to start the triple repeat in the Burgh. I can't effin wait.

Less than 2 weeks to go. Everything is good in Pittsburgh so far....except for Ward's hammy and Townsend broke his thumb this week in practice. Aside from that, the boys are geared up to start the triple repeat in the Burgh. I can't effin wait.

Pittsburgh will be hurting if this injury plagues Ward for a while, and with Santonio Holmes being in the doghouse and trying to dodge the bighouse the Steelers reciver core is grim.

Pittsburgh will be hurting if this injury plagues Ward for a while, and with Santonio Holmes being in the doghouse and trying to dodge the bighouse the Steelers reciver core is grim.

You would be surprised but receiver is actually one of our deeper positions. We've let 2 key WR's leave in each consecutive year over the past 2 with Burress and Randle El. Ward's injured hammy is tough though. Hines is our heart and soul on offense. We need him back asap. I think he'll be there for Week 1. Worst case if he missed Week 1, we play Thursday the 7th and then not again until the 18th on Monday night. Plenty of time for that hammy to heal. This for a guy who has missed 1 career game ever.

Wilson is going to shock some people as our #2 receiver. He's a better "receiver" than Randle El and we have an undrafted 2nd year free agent in Nate Washington who has beat out Holmes and Reid for the #3 spot. Washington has started with Ward out. Holmes is probably behind Reid at #5 on the depth chart and Quincy Morgan is probably the #6 receiver.

Doesnt matter, we need Hines back and I dont want to see this team go long without him.

According to the papers, Rogers will be cut in favor of probably Shaun Bodiford if they go with 6 recievers. Williams, Bradford, Furrey, and Drummond are the top 4, M Williams will make the team just because of potential and contract. As long as Glenn Martinez's ho ass isnt the one they keep over Charles as the #6, cant blame then for this. His time's up.

Rogers pisses me off. What a waste of talent. Its amazing how NFL teams do all this background info before the draft and they still cant sort out any head cases.

Blame your FO for drafting 3 WRs in the first round. There are other positions besides WR they could and should have drafted.