• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
paul woods fan club

a nabakov 4 schneider thought

Rate this topic

a year or 2 ago i saw an interveiw with shark gm wilson , he really struck me as an intelligent man . that opinion was reinforced when he stole thorton from the poor bruins . and looking at salaries i see he's paying nabakov 5 mil . that says to me wilson thinks nabakov is great , and his opinion is good enough for me . but now the other goalie has bloomed there and with the cap wilsons in a wasteful situation , he could sure be spending that 5 mil in a better way . we want a goalie , a big money guy we could ship imo that could help sharks is schneider . him on their back end would give them a deadly weapon to turn to when the forwards cant score . and i happen to watch the sharks alot on nhl center ice and i think schneider would be a great addition for them . and i think both mentioned players are on last year of contracts so age means nothing cuz teams dont own them beyond then . thusly matt helps them and nabby helps us .

a year or 2 ago i saw an interveiw with shark gm wilson , he really struck me as an intelligent man . that opinion was reinforced when he stole thorton from the poor bruins . and looking at salaries i see he's paying nabakov 5 mil . that says to me wilson thinks nabakov is great , and his opinion is good enough for me . but now the other goalie has bloomed there and with the cap wilsons in a wasteful situation , he could sure be spending that 5 mil in a better way . we want a goalie , a big money guy we could ship imo that could help sharks is schneider . him on their back end would give them a deadly weapon to turn to when the forwards cant score . and i happen to watch the sharks alot on nhl center ice and i think schneider would be a great addition for them . and i think both mentioned players are on last year of contracts so age means nothing cuz teams dont own them beyond then . thusly matt helps them and nabby helps us .

Trading for Nabokov is stupid. He makes too much. If Jimmy Howard didnt exist I would want Nabby, but that is not the case. I would rather spend money on a scoring winger than on a goalie. Let Ozzie start again.

Edited by superstarsingh

He makes alot of money, but he IS worth the price, and we CAN afford him. People need to remember that we have nearly 8 million to spend. An elite, all star potential goalie like Nabokov would only be insurance to this already stable defensive team.

I wouldn't be upset if we picked up Nabokov, but the question is, does San Jose really want Schneider? The answer in my opinion is yes. Their best defensemen are Hannan and Maclaren who are both known stay at home defensemen. Adding Schneider would pick up the rush in the defensive/neutral zone. Schneider for Nabokov with others would be a trade in which would benefit both teams.

I like the idea of that trade.

As a Shark fan, I am not looking at E.N.'s contract. I am looking at need for the Sharks and what this team needs is a solid D-man. This trade would be fantastic for SJ. The Sharks have Nolan Shaeffer in the minors that could back up Toskala. Toskala is better. Nabby is still a great goalie and would be a great addition to any team.

Nabakov does make alot of money. I for one don't really want to get rid of Schnider. He is our number 2 D-man. Nabakov has been a good goalie though. The big question is can we afford him and a top Forward to replace Shanny. :unsure:

I'd be happy to have Nabby here... but the ONLY way I'd trade for his salary is if Mark Bell came over with him.

Nab/Bell for Schneider/Williams/pick

That'd shed about 2.4M from their payroll, and give us the potential young power forward we need.

Howard may be the future, but G's can take time... so I'm OK w/Nabby sitting in net for a 2-3 years.

Edited by ColdWarrior

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I really dont like the Idea of trading away schnieder. If they didnt have thorton we could have ezly have thrown in Lang instead but since thorton is Number 1 i doubt they'd take him.

Am i the only person who thinks that Nabokov is overrated??? Especially for the amount of money he makes. The guy can be rock solid at times, but he's way too inconsistent for my liking. He lets in alot of soft goals, and i'm not sure that he's ever won a HUGE game.

That contract is a monstrosity. It's also the reason Wilson wants to move Nabokov. Why pray tell should the Wings take that thing on with Jimmy a season or so away?

from your post it sounds like i misread about nabakovs contract , i thought he only had 1 year remaining . ide have to know real contract details before making this trade comment again .

from your post it sounds like i misread about nabakovs contract , i thought he only had 1 year remaining . ide have to know real contract details before making this trade comment again .

4 years @ $5.4M/yr.

Nabakov does make alot of money. I for one don't really want to get rid of Schnider. He is our number 2 D-man. Nabakov has been a good goalie though. The big question is can we afford him and a top Forward to replace Shanny. :unsure:

he makes a LOT more money than what we need to be adding to our payroll... and there are kids waiting in the balance to play for so much less... not a good deal to me.

4 years @ $5.4M/yr.

WOW - thatd be very scary taking on that contract with the cap . bottom line for me here is that i think there is a goaltender glut approaching cuz of more euros and americans playing hockey now (at least thats the way it strikes me without having seen any hard numbers) so i couldnt commit that big to a goalie .

ummmmm no thanks! i dont want nothing to do with that salary , we'll have to resign datsyuk holmstrom and kronwall at seasons end and last thing we need to do is use up 5 million cap space for 4 yrs on nabokov

Nabokov isn't overrated and IS a playoff goalie. I mean he was a huge reason why San Jose went so far in the 2004 playoffs.

And Osgood was the only reason his team even made the playoffs to lose to Nabokov's far more powerful Sharks.

For obvious reasons the Sharks are stuck with with this situation mainly because NOBODY saw Toskala coming!

He did not get his role as a starter until JUST AFTER Nabokov signed his extension. Played too good for Ron Wilson to get Nabby back in.

Make no mistake, had Toskala not played so well (February - on) everyone would be convinced that Nabokov was paid a fair salary. It's not his fault that Toskala rode an incredible (Shark standards) streak.

Sure it's easy to say Nabokov is over-priced, but he's dam good. Olympic performance did not hurt either.

Not trying to sell you folks on him. If he stays in SJ that would be fine with me. Either way, SJ has a pretty good "problem" on their hands.

Edited by azsharkfan