• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bcroz

Rumor:Antropov to Detroit

Rate this topic

From Spector's mailbag this morning:

: "August/02/2006 at 4:pm Edge radio in Toronto claims a trade brewing sending Antropov to Detroit for a 3rd rounder thus freeing up some salary cap for Carter.

JFJ was trying to move stajan but could not get something of value in return so Antro was next on the list. Detriot thinks Antro would get a new fresh start with fellow easter europeans Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, ect."

From Spector's mailbag this morning:

: "August/02/2006 at 4:pm Edge radio in Toronto claims a trade brewing sending Antropov to Detroit for a 3rd rounder thus freeing up some salary cap for Carter.

JFJ was trying to move stajan but could not get something of value in return so Antro was next on the list. Detriot thinks Antro would get a new fresh start with fellow easter europeans Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, ect."

Fellow easter europeans Zetterberg and Lidstrom. What??? :blink:

Antropov fits out criteria to players we don't need.

- He's a centerman who could excel and has the potential to be a 2nd liner, but doesn't care to play to his full potential because he has an absolute lazy work ethic. I don't want this guy, not the least bit.

Well from what that reads, they think it would serve him well to have a fresh start here and would help him deeply to play with talent such as Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, etc... I wonder if they're thinking that pairing him with one of those guys (Dats or Zata), he could score 20-25 goals? He does have the potential to do so if he'd just play his heart out.

Dang, he also has a one year contract right now, we know what that means, haha.

That one year deal is at 1.007 million, so that would be a good deal actually. I wonder if Holland is thinking of maybe adding two guys, hopefully Antropov and Nolan. And Antropov plays right wing as well as center.

That one year deal is at 1.007 million, so that would be a good deal actually. I wonder if Holland is thinking of maybe adding two guys, hopefully Antropov and Nolan. And Antropov plays right wing as well as center.

Now that i wouldnt mind :thumbup:

better not happen..

I'm with you for sure.

For those of you who haven't seen Nik Antropov play all that much in the past, believe me, you do not want him on this team. He is, without a doubt, what Andreas Lilja would be like if he became a forward. He's big, he's soft, he's an under-achiever, and half the time, he honestly doesn't know what he's doing out there. And to top it all of, he's injury prone too.

The only reason he's even still with the Leafs is because Pat Quinn liked him for whatever reason, and was just too stubborn to get rid of him. Now that he's out of the picture, I can't blame JFJ if he is trying to dump Antropov on us.

Do you think that Babcock can whip this boy into shape? I mean if he can and he plays up to that 6'6 230 frame he has, wouldn't it be worth a 3rd rounder?

Hell, we gave that up for a rental player in Cross..It'd be a cheap pickup, and only a mil against the cap. Nolan isn't a guarantee to sign here, Carter isn't either..So you take a chance and let the coaches beat the message into him..if not, trade or release him. You'd lose a 3rd round pick, but c'mon..it's not like a roster player is lost and since we are signing a 41 year old goaltender, sounds like we are taking chances this year...

Do you think that Babcock can whip this boy into shape? I mean if he can and he plays up to that 6'6 230 frame he has, wouldn't it be worth a 3rd rounder?

Hell, we gave that up for a rental player in Cross..It'd be a cheap pickup, and only a mil against the cap. Nolan isn't a guarantee to sign here, Carter isn't either..So you take a chance and let the coaches beat the message into him..if not, trade or release him. You'd lose a 3rd round pick, but c'mon..it's not like a roster player is lost and since we are signing a 41 year old goaltender, sounds like we are taking chances this year...

Babcock couldn't make Lilja use his gigantic frame, why would Antropov be any different? We won't be releasing Nik if we gave up a third rounder to get him, and I really doubt we'd acquire him and then go out and trade him, no matter how bad he was. Personally, I'd rather not give up a mid-round draft pick for another big softie. Bootland and Kopecky would bring far more to this team than Antropov would, and they're cheaper too.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

And add another CENTER? :crazy: If this does go through ( fingers crossed it dosent) than lang is on the move.

And add another CENTER? :crazy: If this does go through ( fingers crossed it dosent) than lang is on the move.

He can play forward positions. I dont know how I feel about this...Giving the guy a fresh start could be the thing to do, I think he could have some great chemistry with Pavel, and he is still young enough (26) to mold. Then again, he is not a physical and hard-nosed and Nolan is, which is why I want Nolan. But they are both the same risk factors really. Nolan can get hurt. Antropov can get lazy. Im open to either of them coming. Not if it means Hudler, Kopecky, or Bootland do not have as good of a shot at making the team.

He can play forward positions. I dont know how I feel about this...Giving the guy a fresh start could be the thing to do, I think he could have some great chemistry with Pavel, and he is still young enough (26) to mold. Then again, he is not a physical and hard-nosed and Nolan is, which is why I want Nolan. But they are both the same risk factors really. Nolan can get hurt. Antropov can get lazy. Im open to either of them coming. Not if it means Hudler, Kopecky, or Bootland do not have as good of a shot at making the team.

The fact, he can play forward positions shouldn´t be enough ...

Lazy, not using his size, not physical AND as far as I remember he was injured several times in his career. Nothing drastic but I think some broadcaster once described him as a porcelain doll, because he easily breaks! Summing it up I think he´s a bigger risk than a not-overpaid Nolan.

I love this rumor. I live in Toronto and all the idiots here do is destroy him all season long. I have said this since the day Antropov was initially ripped by the media. Put him in the red and white and watch him become a star...along side Datsyuk of course.

I'm with you for sure.

For those of you who haven't seen Nik Antropov play all that much in the past, believe me, you do not want him on this team. He is, without a doubt, what Andreas Lilja would be like if he became a forward. He's big, he's soft, he's an under-achiever, and half the time, he honestly doesn't know what he's doing out there. And to top it all of, he's injury prone too.

The only reason he's even still with the Leafs is because Pat Quinn liked him for whatever reason, and was just too stubborn to get rid of him. Now that he's out of the picture, I can't blame JFJ if he is trying to dump Antropov on us.

Have you seen his productivity sky rocket when he plays with Ponikarovsky? He will do well here. Antropov was on the second line for a bit with the fags here in Toronto and he did well playing with Sundin and Ponikarovsky. He just needs a good linemate or two. Dats and Williams. :thumbup: Bring him here, for futures though.

Have you seen his productivity sky rocket when he plays with Ponikarovsky? He will do well here. Antropov was on the second line for a bit with the fags here in Toronto and he did well playing with Sundin and Ponikarovsky. He just needs a good linemate or two. Dats and Williams. :thumbup: Bring him here, for futures though.

"Sky rocket" is hardly the word I would use. Nik's only put up more than 40 points once in his entire career, and he's never scored more than 16 goals either. If these are the numbers he puts up while playing with Sundin, then why does everyone think he'll explode offensively when he gets to play with Datsyuk? Keep in mind that Pat Quinn has given him every oppurtunity to succeed when he's been healthy, and that hasn't been very often. The thought of acquiring a big physical winger with a scoring touch for Datsyuk makes sense, but believe me, Nik Antropov is not that winger.

As a result of where I live, I get to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play far more often then I get to see the Wings (unfortunately), and I would never want Antropov on the Wings. The Toronto media and fan base absolutely despise him, and for good reason. Give him a couple months in Detroit and he would become the new LGW whipping boy.

"Sky rocket" is hardly the word I would use. Nik's only put up more than 40 points once in his entire career, and he's never scored more than 16 goals either. If these are the numbers he puts up while playing with Sundin, then why does everyone think he'll explode offensively when he gets to play with Datsyuk? Keep in mind that Pat Quinn has given him every oppurtunity to succeed when he's been healthy, and that hasn't been very often. The thought of acquiring a big physical winger with a scoring touch for Datsyuk makes sense, but believe me, Nik Antropov is not that winger.

As a result of where I live, I get to watch the Toronto Maple Leafs play far more often then I get to see the Wings (unfortunately), and I would never want Antropov on the Wings. The Toronto media and fan base absolutely despise him, and for good reason. Give him a couple months in Detroit and he would become the new LGW whipping boy.

I know that he isnt physical at all. And I was wrong to say SKY ROCKET. But improve shoudl have been the word I used. When he is on a line with good players he plays his best hockey...most guys are like that. But Nik has great potential...he could be a star. I think he is worth the shot...he is an fa at the end of the year.

Hmmm i have seen him play once in an exhibition game, fell over pretty bad when chelios shoved him, but he played in toronto where he was boo'd every night, a typical thing i think in toronto.

Who was that that came to the wings that was boo'd every night in T.O. oh ya larry murphy lol didn't he come over and win a cup with the wings? :caution:

Hmmm i have seen him play once in an exhibition game, fell over pretty bad when chelios shoved him, but he played in toronto where he was boo'd every night, a typical thing i think in toronto.

Who was that that came to the wings that was boo'd every night in T.O. oh ya larry murphy lol didn't he come over and win a cup with the wings? :caution:

We don't need a soft Big man who doesn't score. If he was gritty or he had a scoring touch I'd be all for him. I don't think we have to worry about him not a real trust worthy site anyways.