• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Systemfel

Johan Ryno

Rate this topic

This kid's looked promising ever since draft day. Can't wait to see him come to NA for tryouts. If he lives up to his hype he will be exactly what we need.

If we can also get Grigs to pan out... we'd be in good shape.

Ryno - Zetterberg - Hudler

<some LW> - Datsyuk - Grigorenko

some LW = filppula

Well, after an opening night loss (5-2), Frölunda started out just as bad in their first home game. Ryno was pretty dominant and pulled off a few nice moves, but then something happened in a corner. Ryno got a minor penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for 'checking to the head' after that incident.

Then he didn't play much more and was put on Frölunda's 'young line' along with Patrik Carlsson and Oilers property Fredrik Johansson. Don't really know what line he'll play on Saturday in Karlstad, the hometown of reigning champions Färjestad.

Edited by Systemfel

Well, after an opening night loss (5-2), Frölunda started out just as bad in their first home game. Ryno was pretty dominant and pulled off a few nice moves, but then something happened in a corner. Ryno got a minor penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for 'checking to the head' after that incident.

Then he didn't play much more and was put on Frölunda's 'young line' along with Patrik Carlsson and Oilers property Fredrik Johansson. Don't really know what line he'll play on Saturday in Karlstad, the hometown of reigning champions Färjestad.

I see that Anton Axelsson is playing on the same team as Ryno and has 3 points in 3 games so far....could we see him signed and in North America next season?

Hope not. :) He's probably just on a hot streak.

Why do you hope not? The Wings seem to think he has upside of being a great checking liner/PK guy with a little offensive upside. He will have had 2 years of pro experience in one of the best leagues in the world, and it looks like he's on his way to having a career year...so I don't think it's out of the question to see him signed and playing in Grand Rapids next season. I believe he has to be signed this summer anyways with that new "2 year" rule.

Edited by WingMan56

Why do you hope not?
Well, if he has a breakout year, I wouldn't want to see him leave Frölunda, even if it's for the Wings organization.

I believe he has to be signed this summer anyways with that new "2 year" rule.
I don't think that rule applies to players drafted before 2005. Anton was drafted in '04, so I think the year he needs to be signed is 2008. Could be wrong, though.

Well, if he has a breakout year, I wouldn't want to see him leave Frölunda, even if it's for the Wings organization.

I don't think that rule applies to players drafted before 2005. Anton was drafted in '04, so I think the year he needs to be signed is 2008. Could be wrong, though.

Yeah you're right, they have until 2008 to sign him. They won't rush him, even if he has his best year. Although, If the wings like what they see, they'll bring him over to Grand rapids next summer.

Things not looking good for big Johan lately. Playing on the fourth line the last 4-5 games. He looked good tonight though with the increased ice time. One of few players on Frölunda who showed some heart today...in the 3-3 tie against Malmö. Ryno's team is now sitting second last in the standings... :(

Things not looking good for big Johan lately. Playing on the fourth line the last 4-5 games. He looked good tonight though with the increased ice time. One of few players on Frölunda who showed some heart today...in the 3-3 tie against Malmö. Ryno's team is now sitting second last in the standings... :(

I that is actually a good thing (development wise) for young guys like him to be on sub-par teams. More opportunity for development....Hopefully though they move him up a line or 2. 4th...thats not a great sign, so far that is.

Ryno is NOT going to play for AIK the rest of the season. Aftonbladet is being ignorant (as usual).

Ryno is just going to play there for a week, as it is a loan.

Edited by Systemfel

Ryno is NOT going to play for AIK the rest of the season. Aftonbladet is being ignorant (as usual).

Ryno is just going to play there for a week, as it is a loan.

lol either way im not that worried..the kid still sounds pretty damn good for his size. I trust that swedish scout of ours.

looks like this kid isn't one we are going to see again.

Posted 23/5/2008: Johan Ryno (F)

From Detroit Red Wings (NHL) to AIK

Added By: Davide Tuniz, Status: Confirmed

Not sure how long the deal is for but Ryno looks set to stay in Sweden.