• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 TNBT

TNBT

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:42 AM

I'm really high on Ryno. The kid has great size and plays on both ends, and isn't scared of getting knocked around. Thank you for the updates and I can't wait to see him in North America in another year or two.

#22 YzermanZetterberg

YzermanZetterberg

Thank you Captain!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:56 PM

Wow. Thanks for the updates and pics, Systemfel! clap.gif

#23 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:01 AM

Opening night at 1 PM EST for Frölunda! They'll play away against Linköping, now featuring former NHL goaltender Roman Cechmanek.

Frölunda shook up their lines after losing in the last pre-season game (against Malmö), hence Johan Ryno will be playing with Swiss National Team center Martin Plüss and young, undrafted winger Patrik Carlsson (please don't draft him, NHL, he'll be good smile.gif).

Some pics from the Malmö game:
Ryno playing defense?
Ryno gets an assist on the 1-0 goal
He's not afraid of crashing the net!
Ryno's new centerman
A former linemate of Ryno's, Jonas Esbjörs, doing his thing smile.gif
Ryno should've gotten another assist, but the goal was waved off since some Malmö player displaced the net... rolleyes.gif

Pictures courtesy of Fredrik Holmblad.

Edited by Systemfel, 19 September 2006 - 12:10 AM.

#24 ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior

USAF Winger

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:05 AM

This kid's looked promising ever since draft day. Can't wait to see him come to NA for tryouts. If he lives up to his hype he will be exactly what we need.

If we can also get Grigs to pan out... we'd be in good shape.

Ryno - Zetterberg - Hudler
<some LW> - Datsyuk - Grigorenko

#25 FunkyBlueFish203

FunkyBlueFish203

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

systemfel, great pictures! Ryno, the upcoming tower of power biggrin.gif

"He sits next to Steve in that locker room for a reason -- because we wanted him to internalize some of those things. Steve was able to will this organization to unbelievable years with the three Stanley Cups, and now it's up to someone else. Z has that kind of will and that work ethic and that passion to be the best. It's going to be his time." -- Coach Mike Babcock

DOPASAPA est. 2006, President

#26 Mighty Wings

Mighty Wings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE(ColdWarrior @ September 18, 2006 - 10:05AM) View Post

This kid's looked promising ever since draft day. Can't wait to see him come to NA for tryouts. If he lives up to his hype he will be exactly what we need.

If we can also get Grigs to pan out... we'd be in good shape.

Ryno - Zetterberg - Hudler
<some LW> - Datsyuk - Grigorenko

some LW = filppula

#27 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(Mighty Wings @ September 19, 2006 - 06:50PM) View Post

some LW = filppula

What happened to Holmstrom and Williams? They'll be around longer than Datsyuk. Hell, Ryno and Datsyuk likely will never be on the Wings together.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#28 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:41 PM

Well, after an opening night loss (5-2), Frölunda started out just as bad in their first home game. Ryno was pretty dominant and pulled off a few nice moves, but then something happened in a corner. Ryno got a minor penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for 'checking to the head' after that incident.

Then he didn't play much more and was put on Frölunda's 'young line' along with Patrik Carlsson and Oilers property Fredrik Johansson. Don't really know what line he'll play on Saturday in Karlstad, the hometown of reigning champions Färjestad.

Edited by Systemfel, 21 September 2006 - 05:41 PM.

#29 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Systemfel @ September 21, 2006 - 05:41PM) View Post

Well, after an opening night loss (5-2), Frölunda started out just as bad in their first home game. Ryno was pretty dominant and pulled off a few nice moves, but then something happened in a corner. Ryno got a minor penalty and a 10-minute misconduct for 'checking to the head' after that incident.

Then he didn't play much more and was put on Frölunda's 'young line' along with Patrik Carlsson and Oilers property Fredrik Johansson. Don't really know what line he'll play on Saturday in Karlstad, the hometown of reigning champions Färjestad.

I see that Anton Axelsson is playing on the same team as Ryno and has 3 points in 3 games so far....could we see him signed and in North America next season?

#30 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(WingMan56 @ September 23, 2006 - 09:45PM) View Post
I see that Anton Axelsson is playing on the same team as Ryno and has 3 points in 3 games so far....could we see him signed and in North America next season?
Hope not. smile.gif He's probably just on a hot streak.

#31 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Systemfel @ September 24, 2006 - 03:56PM) View Post

Hope not. smile.gif He's probably just on a hot streak.

Why do you hope not? The Wings seem to think he has upside of being a great checking liner/PK guy with a little offensive upside. He will have had 2 years of pro experience in one of the best leagues in the world, and it looks like he's on his way to having a career year...so I don't think it's out of the question to see him signed and playing in Grand Rapids next season. I believe he has to be signed this summer anyways with that new "2 year" rule.

Edited by WingMan56, 25 September 2006 - 04:35 PM.

#32 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(WingMan56 @ September 25, 2006 - 11:34PM) View Post
Why do you hope not?
Well, if he has a breakout year, I wouldn't want to see him leave Frölunda, even if it's for the Wings organization.
QUOTE(WingMan56 @ September 25, 2006 - 11:34PM) View Post
I believe he has to be signed this summer anyways with that new "2 year" rule.
I don't think that rule applies to players drafted before 2005. Anton was drafted in '04, so I think the year he needs to be signed is 2008. Could be wrong, though.

#33 Mighty Wings

Mighty Wings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE(Systemfel @ September 26, 2006 - 02:12AM) View Post

Well, if he has a breakout year, I wouldn't want to see him leave Frölunda, even if it's for the Wings organization.
I don't think that rule applies to players drafted before 2005. Anton was drafted in '04, so I think the year he needs to be signed is 2008. Could be wrong, though.

Yeah you're right, they have until 2008 to sign him. They won't rush him, even if he has his best year. Although, If the wings like what they see, they'll bring him over to Grand rapids next summer.

#34 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:50 PM

Things not looking good for big Johan lately. Playing on the fourth line the last 4-5 games. He looked good tonight though with the increased ice time. One of few players on Frölunda who showed some heart today...in the 3-3 tie against Malmö. Ryno's team is now sitting second last in the standings... sad.gif

#35 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE(Systemfel @ October 5, 2006 - 06:50PM) View Post

Things not looking good for big Johan lately. Playing on the fourth line the last 4-5 games. He looked good tonight though with the increased ice time. One of few players on Frölunda who showed some heart today...in the 3-3 tie against Malmö. Ryno's team is now sitting second last in the standings... sad.gif

I that is actually a good thing (development wise) for young guys like him to be on sub-par teams. More opportunity for development....Hopefully though they move him up a line or 2. 4th...thats not a great sign, so far that is.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#36 tarpit

tarpit

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

sorry but Johan has not been good this season (so far)...

Now he is going to play for AIK the rest of the season.

http://www.aftonblad...,918639,00.html

#37 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(tarpit @ October 27, 2006 - 09:04AM) View Post

sorry but Johan has not been good this season (so far)...

Now he is going to play for AIK the rest of the season.

http://www.aftonblad...,918639,00.html

Can you translate that article out of Swedish?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#38 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:37 AM

Ryno is NOT going to play for AIK the rest of the season. Aftonbladet is being ignorant (as usual).

Ryno is just going to play there for a week, as it is a loan.

Edited by Systemfel, 28 October 2006 - 10:37 AM.

#39 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(Systemfel @ October 28, 2006 - 11:37AM) View Post

Ryno is NOT going to play for AIK the rest of the season. Aftonbladet is being ignorant (as usual).

Ryno is just going to play there for a week, as it is a loan.

lol either way im not that worried..the kid still sounds pretty damn good for his size. I trust that swedish scout of ours.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#40 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:56 AM

Frölunda sacked their coach this week.
How about it Systemfel,a chance for Ryno to grab a bigger role?
Burke.gif