• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:58 AM

fenton is closer for me, but with david in GC its easier. plus id have a place to stay if i got wasted. lol/
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#22 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

Count me in!

I'm glad we'll do it at Cheli's Chili - it's good for those coming from the south and west, it shouldn't be too crowded (unlike downtown), and I haven't been there yet!

Are we doing RSVPs in this thread, or is Vladdy16 taking PMs?
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#23 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

RSVP in thread, please. My PM box needs to be cleaned out! I'll need number of guests as well, por favore.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#24 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:32 PM

I expect to be all by my lonesome self.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#25 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

me plus one.
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer

#26 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

got my work schedule today and I am off that day, so I AM IN!!

#27 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:25 PM

Cool!!!

Anyone else not yet confirmed?
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#28 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:31 PM

Aargh. Put me on the "tentative" list. I may have a family commitment that day. I'll let you know within the next few days.

#29 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

so how many people are actually coming?

#30 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Muse @ August 21, 2006 - 11:31PM) View Post

Aargh. Put me on the "tentative" list. I may have a family commitment that day. I'll let you know within the next few days.

No, no, no, no, no. You've already RSVPed. This has been planned for over a month. This has been rescheduled. There is no backing out now. You're in.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#31 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

not sure if I am going to make it now. I got fired this afternoon from work. Not even a month into the job and they cut me loose based on not working as quickly as everyone else. I am a mess right now so it might just depend on how I feel.

#32 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

Eeeek. Sorry about that, timothy. Hope you feel up to coming out in another week anyway!

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#33 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:34 PM

Okay, who is all coming?

Would it be out of the realm of possibility to "delay" the start closer to 5-ish?

(It's NFL Opening Weekend and it's hard to pry me from the couch -- and damn near impossible to get me off my butt in the Seattle/Detroit game is actually CLOSE in the 3rd/4th quarter.)

Too bad the Wings/Tigers Alumni game wasn't announced sooner. Would've been cool to make a day of it with that game and then Hockeytown Cafe or Cheli's right after.

#34 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

I'm still hopeful that I can make it. My only problem is that I'm seriously dead broke. And considering I'd have to drive to Detroit from East Lansing and then all the way back to Grand Rapids that evening. It might come down to how I'm feeling Sunday morning.

But at the moment, I'm pretty sure I'll be there.
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#35 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Matt @ September 6, 2006 - 04:34PM) View Post

Okay, who is all coming?
Would it be out of the realm of possibility to "delay" the start closer to 5-ish?

(It's NFL Opening Weekend and it's hard to pry me from the couch -- and damn near impossible to get me off my butt in the Seattle/Detroit game is actually CLOSE in the 3rd/4th quarter.)
Too bad the Wings/Tigers Alumni game wasn't announced sooner. Would've been cool to make a day of it with that game and then Hockeytown Cafe or Cheli's right after.

I may not leave my house until after the game is over, all depending on the score. It takes me any hour to get to Dearborn.

I am IN as long as everything with my grandpa is well that day. He has been in the hospital last few days with a blood clot and the recovery has been difficult. Thought we almost lost him the other day. Lately he is well tho and thinks look on the upside.

#36 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

Any objections from anyone else on shifting the time to 5:30? It's fine with me.

Timothy, glad to hear you're up for coming as long as all is well with Grampa. I have my fingers crossed.

MSUDoubleJ, being dead broke is NO excuse!! I'm right there with ya, but I wouldn't miss this for the world. Well, maybe the world, but other than that..........

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#37 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

5:30 would be perfect.

#38 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ September 7, 2006 - 04:22PM) View Post

Timothy, glad to hear you're up for coming as long as all is well with Grampa. I have my fingers crossed.

Well he looked good again today. With a strange turn of events, I got my job back today. I went in to pick up my last paycheck today and talked to the store manager for a bit, one thing led to another and he re-instated me. He was unaware that I was let go and he was very upset that I was terminated during his time away at another store. My work schedule doesnt interfer with me going on sunday tho, only the condition of my grandpa.

#39 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

I have no problems with 5:30, especially if it means there will be a bigger turnout.

MSUDoubleJ....money issues are no excuse. Start collecting cans and bottles tongue.gif
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#40 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:27 AM

Alright kids, don't expect me. sad.gif

I'll have to make it to the next one. I can't afford it right now and I'd like to get back to GR at a decent time, which means I'd only be able to stay for an hour or so anyways.

I'm a pooper. Have fun though everyone!!
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users