• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Jan Mursak/ Merged

Rate this topic

This news aren`t posted nowhere yet....................yesterday Jan Mursak signed three years contract with Detroit RW.

Well you did well there mate, just been released;

Jan Mursak, the Red Wings' sixth-round draft choice last summer, has agreed to terms on a three-year entry-level contract with Detroit. The deal is waiting league approval which is expected either Tuesday or Wednesday. Murask, who's from Slovenia, spent this season (his first in North America) with the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League, tallying 27 goals and 80 points in 62 games. The 19-year-old will likely play another season of junior hockey next winter.

Another top prospect with a low pick , future looking good.

The Griffins took a youthful approach to constructing tonight’s lineup, icing three players – forwards Cory Emmerton and Jan Mursak and defenseman Jakub Kindl – who completed their Ontario Hockey League seasons within the last two weeks........more

Mursak. :clap: 2 assists and +2 in the Griffins 4-3 win in Game 5.

He played one helluva game. He was skating hard, even finishing some checks. He had an absolute beauty of a goal on the Griffins first goal ( I believe). It was a two-on-one, and he got everybody thinking shot, and made a perfect pass to Voce for the goal.

He's been very impressive, from what I've been able to watch these last three games. He hasn't made any glaring mistakes.

made a noticeable impression on the Grand Rapids Griffins during his short stint in the American Hockey League.

After completing his season with the Ontario Hockey League’s Saginaw Spirit, the 19-year-old winger joined the Griffins for the playoffs, appearing in all seven games as they lost to the Manitoba Moose in the first round.

He picked up two assists  both in one game  and had a plus-3.

“He was excellent for us,†Griffins general manager Bob McNamara said. “We wanted to add some energy and we were surprised with his strength, his speed and his ability to make plays with the puck. He backed off a lot of seasoned defensemen with his puckhandling and speed.â€Â

“Size wasn’t a factor,†McNamara said, when asked of one of the biggest concerns surrounding Mursak’s NHL future. “He never got outmuscled for the puck and he made really good plays with the puck.â€Â

Ref Emmerton only playing in 2 Griffs games;

As for Emmerton, he dressed just twice after collecting 66 points in 40 games with the OHL’s Kingston Frontenacs. He missed nine weeks with a broken ankle and didn’t return to action until late March.

McNamara said the ankle wasn’t a problem for Emmerton and that he played less than Mursak because Mursak offered more offensively.

“He was fine, there was nothing negative with Cory,†McNamara said. “He just wasn’t as dynamic as Mursak  Mursak showed more offensive flare out there and that’s what we needed  and that’s why Mursak played more.â€Â

Is Jan a dark horse for a roster spot next year?

Reports look good.

Is Jan a dark horse for a roster spot next year?

Reports look good.

i don't think he's got to much of a shot at the big club, but who knows what will happen in training camp. I think he's definatly going to find lots of ice time with the griffs next year. I really like this kid, he might be another draft steal for our incredible scouting deparment. We just need to develop him. Lets not forget St. louis wasn't even drafted.

I don't think he is eligable to play for the Griffs next year cause of his age, thats why I said about him being a dark horse for the Wings. I called it last year about Flip, that he would be a Wing before Xmas. I have the same feeling about Jan. If he can add a few pounds who knows

I will try to get some pics of him tonight at the Whalers game... Hopefully crying like a little school boy after the whalers kick their ass... hehe well best of luck to him tonight :D

I will try to get some pics of him tonight at the Whalers game... Hopefully crying like a little school boy after the whalers kick their ass... hehe well best of luck to him tonight :D

Well I'm sure you'll be happy. Plymouth won 4-1 but Mursak had an assist on the lone Saginaw goal.

As promised and yes Aussie... very happy great game indeed made 48 saves!

And unlike with kindl i did take many pics and even a really SHORT vid of him .....

***TURN YOUR SOUND OFF FOR VID THOUGH*** the translation didn't do so well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by OsGOD

The game was delayed for about 20 minutes in the second period when Belleville’s Jan Mursak had to be taken from the ice on a stretcher after being hit into the boards on a check by Mississauga defenceman Blake Parlett.

Mursak was taken to the Trillium Health Centre but there was no word on his condition. Before being lifted onto the stretcher, Mursak was able to move his feet.

There was no penalty on the play but Belleville’s Andrew Self took exception to the hit and immediately went after Parlett. Self was given a minor for instigating, a major for fighting and a 10-minute misconduct.

Hope he's alright. :unsure:

The Ontario Hockey League annually polls its coaches to recognize players who might not receive formal awards for their play, and Detroit Red Wings prospect Jan Mursak ranked highly in several categories of performance recognition:

March 19, OntarioHockyeLeague.com: The Ontario Hockey League today announced the results for the 2007-08 Coaches Poll.

The OHL Coaches Poll provides team coaches with the opportunity to recognize players in several skill categories within their own conference. The top three players in each category from the Eastern and Western Conferences are recognized. Coaches vote for each category within their conference and are not permitted to vote for players on their team. Players receive five points for a first place vote, three points for a second place vote and one point for a third place vote.

Here's the official tally, courtesy of the Globe and Mail's Tim Wharnsby:

March 19, Globe and Mail: Eastern Conference:

Most Underrated Player:

Jesse Messier, Mississauga (22)

Jan Mursak, Belleville (16)

Pat Daley, Peterborough (13)

Best Playmaker:

John Hughes, Brampton (30)

Logan Couture, Ottawa (19)

Jan Mursak, Belleville (16)

Best Stickhandler:

John Tavares, Oshawa (41)

Jan Mursak, Belleville (20)

Logan Couture, Oshawa (13)

damn i didnt even think about this guy before and now reading this im getting all excited

sure we're not going to end up giving him up (trade bait to get someone older from another team) before he has time to play with the wings long enough though? (i don't know much about him, so ..