• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

Jan Mursak/ Merged

Rate this topic

It's a nice goal. Way overblown in my mind but still a good goal. I mean, damn, it was like Helm a guy with real solid finishing ability. To be honest, I'm a little more impressed with the pass by Tatar. But that's just me and I'm a passer when I play.

At 2:36

It's a nice goal. Way overblown in my mind but still a good goal. I mean, damn, it was like Helm a guy with real solid finishing ability. To be honest, I'm a little more impressed with the pass by Tatar. But that's just me and I'm a passer when I play.

Heck of a play between those two though, and the finish at high speed by Mursak with a defender right on his tail, excellent stuff. These two really are great prospects. :thumbup:

To me what is impressive is the fact that Mursaks knock in the past was his strength but on that play he had a guy draped over his back yanking at him and he still buried.

Mursak played in 14 games and impressed coach Mike Babcock with his speed and competitiveness.

"He’s earned our confidence," Babcock said. “There’s two parts of it. Not only do you have to believe you can play, we have to think you can play. And we believe that. His speed is a huge asset, he seems to have good hockey sense, he seems to know how to play with and without the puck. He’ll be an NHL player."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/red_wings_eager_to_rest_rechar.html

^ Thanks for sharing.

I LOVED reading that, brought a big smile to my face. I've been so impressed with him during his stint, he played so well again last night, should've had an assist on a Franzen blown chance. He is so, so strong along the boards, he always wins battles sheerly because of his intensity and desire. He's going to be a very good player for this organisation. :thumbup:

With the way helm is stepping up offensively, i would love to see Mursak turn out exactly like Helm, but the reality is, Mursak has a bit of a better chance to be better offensively. I say a bit better because in the NHL is a completely different beast than the AHL and Helm has shown to be able to create the offensive chances in the NHL and Mursak hasn't been giving the opportunity yet to do so.