• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#21 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:41 AM

speed in a red wings farm? am i dreaming?

#22 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

2 more assists tonight for Jan Mursak, extending the team record for consecutive games with at least a point (16) - meaning he has scored in every OHL game he has appeared in! He stands at 9g, 19a for 28pts in 16 games. He is a +12 with 20 PIM's.

...and he's fast! haha!

#23 JMursakAdmin

JMursakAdmin

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(SpiritFan @ November 2, 2006 - 03:29AM) View Post

2 more assists tonight for Jan Mursak, extending the team record for consecutive games with at least a point (16) - meaning he has scored in every OHL game he has appeared in! He stands at 9g, 19a for 28pts in 16 games. He is a +12 with 20 PIM's.

...and he's fast! haha!

17...........tonight goal vs Barrie Colts.........and he is very very fast wink.gif

#24 roaddaw9

roaddaw9

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:28 AM

I know everyone is always worried abou the future! So I thought I would pass along some goods new. Jan Murszak who is a Detroit Red Wings draft pick is having a great year in Saginaw Mi. Currently he has scored at least one point in every OHL game this year he has played. A lot of nights he is also but up 2 and 3 points a game right now. And since I have season tickets and have been able to watch him on a regular basis, lets just say the kids got great hands. He will be a name to keep in mind cause he is going to be in Det in a few years. He is also third in rookie scoring in the OHL with 32 points in 18 games.

#25 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:37 AM

Yeah he is good. It's also astonishing that stats like 32 points in 18 games is THIRD in rookie scoring.

#26 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:41 AM

It's more impressive that he's fifth in league scoring, and the highest scoring player already drafted.

Cory Emmerton is 7th, also.

And if a mod would please merge this with the existing Mursak thread?

Edited by eva unit zero, 05 November 2006 - 10:41 AM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#27 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ November 5, 2006 - 10:41AM) View Post

And if a mod would please merge this with the existing Mursak thread?

Sir, yes Sir.

#28 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

My weekly Mursak update:

In 3 games played this past week, Mursak racked up 2 goals, 4 assists & a +4 rating. He has extended the Spirit record for consecutive games with at least a point to 18 now. He has scored at least a point in every OHL game he has played so far! He currently has 11 goals, 21 assists totalling 32 points in 18 games. He has an outstanding +15 rating & 20 PIM's.

#29 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(CopenhagenWing @ November 5, 2006 - 11:48AM) View Post

Sir, yes Sir.

I said please.....

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#30 theman19

theman19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

well i'm offically intrested goal and 3 assists,..giving him 38 points in 21 games. This kid is a beast.

#31 wingsfan28__

wingsfan28__

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(theman19 @ November 12, 2006 - 06:54PM) View Post

well i'm offically intrested goal and 3 assists,..giving him 38 points in 21 games. This kid is a beast.

ya i just saw it on the ohl site , emmerton got 2 pts today as well .........does mursak have 38 or 42 pts ?? they added the 4 pts from tonights games already on the top scoring list ?

#32 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:52 PM

Mursak is exciting, alright. I'm already looking forward to 2011 when LGWers are starting threads like, "trade mursakk he's too smal we need grit thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif " laugh.gif
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#33 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(wingsfan28__ @ November 12, 2006 - 08:49PM) View Post

ya i just saw it on the ohl site , emmerton got 2 pts today as well .........does mursak have 38 or 42 pts ?? they added the 4 pts from tonights games already on the top scoring list ?

The OHL site (stat wise at least) is far better than anything the NHL has. That points go up on the board as they happen. Automatically updated.

He has 38 points in 21 games. He owns the OHL's longest point streak to date having scored in every single game thus far.

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ November 12, 2006 - 09:52PM) View Post

Mursak is exciting, alright. I'm already looking forward to 2011 when LGWers are starting threads like, "trade mursakk he's too smal we need grit thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif " laugh.gif

At the very least Mursak is BLAZING fast. Though with regards to size and grit...

The Red Wings are impressed with how fast the Slovenian has adjusted to North America, but his strength is a big concern.

"He's as weak as a noodle right now, but you wouldn't know it watching him," said McDonnell. "He's real strong on his feet so when he comes out of the corner, he doesn't get trapped too much. He's very competitive."

Weak as a noodle is not a good thing I've heard. tongue.gif

Posted Image

#34 theman19

theman19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(norrisnick @ November 13, 2006 - 02:16AM) View Post

The OHL site (stat wise at least) is far better than anything the NHL has. That points go up on the board as they happen. Automatically updated.

He has 38 points in 21 games. He owns the OHL's longest point streak to date having scored in every single game thus far.
At the very least Mursak is BLAZING fast. Though with regards to size and grit...

Weak as a noodle is not a good thing I've heard. tongue.gif

so NN do you think this kid has what it takes to make it to the big club in a few years? blazing fast is something we desperatly need but weak as a noodle isn't that great as you've stated. However with the success of a martin st. louis could this kid get a shot?

#35 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, I think he'll make it. Fast winger with good hands? And apparently isn't afraid of contact and high traffic areas. So long as he fills out a bit and his body holds up *knock on wood* he should be a Wing some day.

Posted Image

#36 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:28 PM

With him on the LW and Emmerton also doing well at C, could be
a possable future line in the making. Now where have we got the
big RW hiding to complement this potential line? Any thoughts on it.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#37 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:18 PM

Again, my weekly Mursak update:

First off, the "weak as a noodle" comment is totally innacurate! Jan is always the 1st one going into the corners & usually fights off guys left & right & comes out with the puck! He is VERY strong & you can see it regularly. I attend every home game for Saginaw, so I do get to see him a lot! Fast, gritty & strong!

Now, as for theis week's games. The Saginaw Spirit played 3 games over the weekend (going 3-0). Jan Mursak had 2 goals, 4 assists, 6 points, was a +6 & had 0 PIMs. He extended the Saginaw record of 21 consecutive games with at least a point! He has 13 goals, 25 assists for 38 points in 21 games. He leads the team in scoring & is tied for 4th in the league. 3 points out of the top spot in scoring for rookies.

#38 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

I think the "weak as a noodle" comment probably comes from the weightroom. That it doesn't seem to affect him when playing is a good sign and then any strength he does gain is a bonus.

Posted Image

#39 gbdet

gbdet

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:45 AM

I get to watch this guy play next friday(24th) against the London Knights. So I will keep my eye on him as I am excited to see what he can do...I am also excited to see Gagner and Kane on the Knights they are tearin it up as well.. Does anyone know what number Mursak is?

#40 JMursakAdmin

JMursakAdmin

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(gbdet @ November 14, 2006 - 01:45PM) View Post

I get to watch this guy play next friday(24th) against the London Knights. So I will keep my eye on him as I am excited to see what he can do...I am also excited to see Gagner and Kane on the Knights they are tearin it up as well.. Does anyone know what number Mursak is?

Edited by JMursakAdmin, 14 November 2006 - 09:53 AM.