132 replies to this topic

#41 gbdet

gbdet

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(JMursakAdmin @ November 14, 2006 - 09:51AM) View Post

Thank you...Anything anybody want me to look for??? Obviously Im gonna keep a close eye on Mursak but is there anything in particular anybody wants me to look at? Or any player in particular?

#42 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:28 AM

Yes could you keep an eye on the play of former Wings prospect #14
Tyler Haskin, he seem's to be having a good year. Not sure if he is the Centre on Mursak's line or not. Cheers.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#43 JMursakAdmin

JMursakAdmin

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(Andy Pred 48 @ November 14, 2006 - 05:28PM) View Post

Yes could you keep an eye on the play of former Wings prospect #14
Tyler Haskin, he seem's to be having a good year. Not sure if he is the Centre on Mursak's line or not. Cheers.

No......#12-Mursak(RW)...... #27- Pyatt ( C )...... #23- Asselin(LW)

#44 wingsfan28__

wingsfan28__

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:33 AM

his streak has ended sad.gif

#45 al48

al48

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(wingsfan28__ @ November 18, 2006 - 03:33AM) View Post

his streak has ended sad.gif

I read he got hit pretty hard last night and had to be helped off the ice. Anyone have any more info?
"I've been liquored up for 17 years. My judgement's not what it once was"

#46 Guest_cstacer (Guest)

Guest_cstacer (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

Initially, fans speculated that he had either a separated shoulder or a broken collarbone. The coach indicated today during the pregame show though that Mursak was fine, and indeed, he did play tonight. Mursak had 1 assist going +1.

Edited by cstacer, 18 November 2006 - 11:28 PM.

#47 JMursakAdmin

JMursakAdmin

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(cstacer @ November 19, 2006 - 05:27AM) View Post

Initially, fans speculated that he had either a separated shoulder or a broken collarbone. The coach indicated today during the pregame show though that Mursak was fine, and indeed, he did play tonight. Mursak had 1 assist going +1.

Elbow injury

#48 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:46 PM

My weekly Jan Mursak update:

Yes, it's true, the consecutive game point scoring streak came to an end at 22 this weekend. Jan was injured in the game Friday vs. Plymouth & helped off the ice. The good news, tho, he played last night & started a NEW streak! It's at 1 right now! haha!

Anyway, this week's stats (in 3 games) are: 0 goals, 3 assists, 3 points, +2 rating, & 2 PIMs. That's pretty bad when a point a game is considered a minor 'slump'! haha! See you all next week!

#49 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

Jan Mursak update (11/16/06):

This weekend was a bit of an "off" week for Jan. In 3 games he only posted 2 assists & 4 PIM's & was an even +/- mark. Hopefully he gets back on track next week! Of course we did play 3 tough teams this week in Sault Ste. Marie, London & Owen Sound. It seems that other teams are watching their game tapes & focusing on shutting Jan down a bit & double teaming him at times, but he is still skating through the double coverage & looking really good out there. He definitely has not slowed down any. Too bad we will only have him here in Saginaw for one year. There's no way he does not move up to Grand Rapids next year.

#50 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:50 PM

Or higher maybe??
I see he is a league leading +23
not bad for a rookie winger I'd say,
lets hope he keeps his good 2 way
play going as well as his scoring.
If he can fill out to somewhere near
195-200lb, I see him getting a shot
sooner than later, his speed is deadly.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#51 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(SpiritFan @ November 26, 2006 - 06:40PM) View Post

This weekend was a bit of an "off" week for Jan. In 3 games he only posted 2 assists & 4 PIM's & was an even +/- mark. Hopefully he gets back on track next week! Of course we did play 3 tough teams this week in Sault Ste. Marie, London & Owen Sound. It seems that other teams are watching their game tapes & focusing on shutting Jan down a bit & double teaming him at times, but he is still skating through the double coverage & looking really good out there. He definitely has not slowed down any. Too bad we will only have him here in Saginaw for one year. There's no way he does not move up to Grand Rapids next year.

Thanks once again for the update.

Yeh was a disappointing week for Jan and there was a little snippet about him from Detroit Central. "COLD: Forward Jan Mursak (Saginaw, OHL) has been silent lately. He is goalless in six games and has just three assists in his past five contests ..."

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#52 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE(SpiritFan @ November 26, 2006 - 06:40PM) View Post

Unless Mursak makes the Wings out of training camp (unlikely--Only one or two forward spots are likely to open up, and at least one will be filled from free agency)

Mursak can't play in the AHL until January 20th, 2008. He'll likely finish next season with the Spirit and then potentially--depending on guys like McGrath and Grigorenko--will jump to the NHL.

Here's how I see it playing out at forward over the next couple seasons barring trades that shake up the roster significantly

OUT: Datsyuk, Lang, Maltby, Draper, Williams
IN: Grigorenko, McGrath, Mursak, Emmerton, UFA scoring winger.

This gives us a roster come 2008-09 that features a forward lineup of Zetterberg, Filppula, McGrath, Cleary at center, and Holmstrom, Samuelsson, Franzen, Hudler, Grigorenko, Mursak, Cleary, and a UFA scoring winger. Emmerton is slated as the 13th. That's solid, speedy, skilled both ways, and very young with only Homer, Sammy, and potentially the UFA pickup over 30.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#53 Mighty Wings

Mighty Wings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:50 AM

OUT: Datsyuk, Lang, Maltby, Draper, Williams
IN: Grigorenko, McGrath, Mursak, Emmerton, UFA scoring winger.

This gives us a roster come 2008-09 that features a forward lineup of Zetterberg, Filppula, McGrath, Cleary at center, and Holmstrom, Samuelsson, Franzen, Hudler, Grigorenko, Mursak, Cleary, and a UFA scoring winger. Emmerton is slated as the 13th. That's solid, speedy, skilled both ways, and very young with only Homer, Sammy, and potentially the UFA pickup over 30.

No reason for Mursak and Emmerton to skip the AHL and make the wings directly, if they can't get top 6 mins. 1 yr of AHL isn't gonna hurt their development, as we found out with filppula last year even though he was NHL ready.

Edited by Mighty Wings, 28 November 2006 - 12:50 AM.

#54 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(Mighty Wings @ November 28, 2006 - 12:50AM) View Post

No reason for Mursak and Emmerton to skip the AHL and make the wings directly, if they can't get top 6 mins. 1 yr of AHL isn't gonna hurt their development, as we found out with filppula last year even though he was NHL ready.

Mursak will probably see at least a handful of AHL games by the time I have him slated to be on the roster. Emmerton was included simply because he's a versatile player and the Wings have been having a youth movement.

Likely, Emmerton won't be on the team for 07-08, in favor of a decent veteran to fill the 13th forward slot. But Mursak's speed and offensive instincts are good enough to get him a look at the big club after a few spots open up from the current roster. He's already the best skater in the organization.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#55 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ November 27, 2006 - 11:45PM) View Post

Mursak can't play in the AHL until January 20th, 2008. He'll likely finish next season with the Spirit and then potentially--depending on guys like McGrath and Grigorenko--will jump to the NHL.

Forgive my stupidity on this one, but why can't he play in the AHL until then? Does he have to be 20 years old for some reason?

#56 Henkka

Henkka

Finnish Wing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(SpiritFan @ November 29, 2006 - 01:24AM) View Post

Forgive my stupidity on this one, but why can't he play in the AHL until then? Does he have to be 20 years old for some reason?

Yes. It's AHL rule.
user posted imageuser posted image

#57 JMursakAdmin

JMursakAdmin

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(Henkka @ November 30, 2006 - 12:08AM) View Post

Yes. It's AHL rule.

Noop.......Nicklas Bergfors......with 18 for Albany

#58 WingMan56

WingMan56

Kronwall owns you

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(JMursakAdmin @ November 30, 2006 - 02:59PM) View Post

Noop.......Nicklas Bergfors......with 18 for Albany

anyone who plays a CHL game can not play in the AHL until they are 20. Bergfors never played in the CHL.

#59 SpiritFan

SpiritFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

Stevie Y was in Saginaw tonight to check out Mursak & he had some VERY nice things to say about him! Mentioned how most players, when they stop & start it takes a couple seconds to get going again, but Mursak can stop & start without losing any momentum & is an extraordinary skater. Yzerman says Mursak will be a star in the NHL sooner rather than later! He said he was very, very impressed. Surprised, also, even tho he had heard good things. He said he was by far the best skater on the ice tonight! Jan's assist on a goal less than a minute into the game was nice for Steve to see, too! haha!

#60 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:52 AM

Awesome! That really is great news. clap.gif

Good to see Jan put in a good performance for him to see as he had 2 assists. Really encouraging that Yzerman seems to think he will be a good NHL player and appears that he’s not too far away from making the NHL. And I can’t wait to see him out on the ice, he must be an amazing skater.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.