• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Rumor: Carter may lower demands.

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/tor060820.html

"The paper suggests Carter may be forced to trim down his demands to something a long the lines of a two-year agreement worth around $2 million per year. "

Personally if we can get him for 2 mil a year i would be happy. Your thoughts?

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

"The paper suggests Carter may be forced to trim down his demands to something a long the lines of a two-year agreement worth around $2 million per year. "

i haven't seen the value but at 2M per, kenny will make that deal... SO much talk about this kid.

I'd take Dumont over Carter in a heartbeat, but if we can't get Dumont and the price is right for Carter then sign him. Kenny just needs to sign somebody who can put pucks in the net already and get this show on the road.

Carters agent is quoted on Spectors as saying he 1. Will not be back in Vancover (big surprise, I know) 2. He thinks that teams overlooked Carter thinking he'd re-sign in Vancover, so they signed other players without inquireing about Carter?!?!?! 3. He won't lower his salary demands as he did with his last contract, even if it means starting the season without a contract. Now the guy had a decent year, but they have to be somewhat realistic. Come on, the guys no A.O. I hope the Wings steer clear of this one.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Carters agent is quoted on Spectors as saying he 1. Will not be back in Vancover (big surprise, I know) 2. He thinks that teams overlooked Carter thinking he'd re-sign in Vancover, so they signed other players without inquireing about Carter?!?!?! 3. He won't lower his salary demands as he did with his last contract, even if it means starting the season without a contract. Now the guy had a decent year, but they have to be somewhat realistic. Come on, the guys no A.O. I hope the Wings steer clear of this one.

Personally, I don't want Carter or Dumont. I'm not fond of either. Whereas Carter might be palatable at 2 million for 1 year there's no way in hell i'm paying a guy like Dumont 2.5 million. NO WAY IN HELL! I'd pay Draper 2.5 before I paid Dumont that much.

As for Carter perhaps lowering his demands. Funny how that works when your ass is unemployed.

I'd like to know what the hell Carter (or Dumont for that matter) and there agents could possibly have to talk about.

Figure this, there's 30 teams. Subtract 1/2 of them because they don't need or want Carter at any price. Now you get rid of a handful of cash strapped teams that might want him but can't afford him. Realistically maybe you've got 3 to 8 teams that are very serious to moderately interested.

Now you talk money. Carter isn't going to sign for 1.5 or 1.8 million per year. He's also not going to get over 3 million per year from anybody or else he'd have already signed. He's probably also not going to get anything North of 2.5 million per year either. So you've got something between 2 million up to 2. 5 million roughly.

Now you have terms. Carter's camp obviuosly wants multi year as in at least 2. No team is giving out 3 years right now. Maybe a couple teams would look at a 2 year deal but basically you have a 1 or 2 year deal available.

Bottom line is 1 or 2 year deal for between 2 - 2.5 million per with maybe realistically 2 to 4 suitors. How much friggin negotiating can you do?

Let a kid take the spot and if needed make a trade half way through the season.

Exactly. Why spent the money on Carter or Dumont now? Both aren´t the power forward we need. Of course we coukd use some more scoring touch but there will be better oppurtunities via trade (if necessary).

i think carter did so well last year mainly because of the sedins, i cant see him putting up those numbers unless he has good players on his line and has good chemistry with them.

Let's not have Carter and his agent lower his demands too much, or Holland just might sign him. :thumbdown:

I wish John Ferguson would hurry the hell up and sign dude already. Damn.

Edited by motorcitykid