• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Lang trade rumor... again

Rate this topic

Saw this over on hockeynations.com/forums/insiders

Montreal is apparently interested in Robert Lang again, and the word is, they're offering Perezhogin and a 2nd rounder for Lang. The idea is that this would clear up Detroits cap-space to then possibly land Dumont or have a little more cash for the deadlinee, as Perezhogin could address our winger problem, even though he is still young.

I, for one, feel this may be crap, but who knows, it's just a rumor.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

As the post above me said, we should confirm with dumont first if was serious and than make the deal. I like lang but he just makes 2 much money for 2,3rd center. If we had lost Zet or dats i would be all for keeping him but that isnt the case. I'd like to c this go down.

Guest ZetterBurger40

WHY would anyone want Dumont over Lang? This place is whacky-world.

I have quite the feeling that I'll turn on the sports channel one day very soon and it will say "*insert team here* had picked up JP Dumont." It has happened too many times this offseason.

I'd want Dumont just as much as Lang, I like Lang, but if we can get an improving Perezhogin in the process as well, why not?

So we think Hudler isn't big enough but Perezhogin at 5'9" 168lb is ok?

I'm lost with the logic on this one, are we saying that he'll be going to GR's or he'd be ok for the big team. Only a rumour I know but come on

guys this ain't gunna happen.

Hang on a minute, on the NHL.com he's listed as 6' 205lb but 5'9" 168lb on international database?

can someone clarify this for me please as it is a big difference.

Another interesting point is that Perezhogin was a linemate of Grigorenko at a

international competition in Sweden back in 2003. Maybe this is forward planning

by the coaching staff ;)

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Cause Lang makes alot, and the Wings need more wings, less centers. Besides the fact they'd be getting a decent wing ALONG with a 2nd rounder, whilst freeing up some cap room. Nothing against Lang, I like the guy, and actually I root for the Habs too, so might as well go to a team I like. Don't seem too whacky to me.

Not all of us do.

Edited by bringback91

Saw this over on hockeynations.com/forums/insiders

Montreal is apparently interested in Robert Lang again, and the word is, they're offering Perezhogin and a 2nd rounder for Lang. The idea is that this would clear up Detroits cap-space to then possibly land Dumont or have a little more cash for the deadlinee, as Perezhogin could address our winger problem, even though he is still young.

I, for one, feel this may be crap, but who knows, it's just a rumor.

Youre feeling is right,this rumour is crap.No way Montreal can take on Langs salary.Gainey has said many times that they have reached their salary ceiling which is why they havent made a play for Dumont.Put this one to bed.

Edited by UP2HERE

I'd trust Canadiens.com over anything.

There he is listed as 5'11", 185 lbs. Maybe a little less than average size among NHL standards. He's fast, good quality for today's NHL standards.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Cause Lang makes alot, and the Wings need more wings, less centers. Besides the fact they'd be getting a decent wing ALONG with a 2nd rounder, whilst freeing up some cap room. Nothing against Lang, I like the guy, and actually I root for the Habs too, so might as well go to a team I like. Don't seem too whacky to me.

Not all of us do.

I'm not a big fan of dealing Lang. I think any team that contends has to roll 4 lines and has to be strong down the middle. No matter what you trade Lang for your depth and talent level at the center position gets worse. And yes, I realise we'd improve elsewhere. And, I'm not certain that Zetterberg is going to be a center. I will admit that I don't know what his natural position is and I don't know what Babcock's intention is but if it isn't to play center then you have to have Lang.

However, all that being said, I think Perezhogin might be pretty good. He's young and if we can add Dumont as well you have to look at it as losing Lang but getting Perezhogin, Dumont and a 2nd rounder. That's worth it.

Guest ZetterBurger40

Not all of us do.

Of course Lang makes alot, he is a superstar and gamebreaking player. People have their panties in a bunch about salaries, but wouldn't be happy if Detroit had a bunch of cheap fillers either- Wings fans will complain about anything- just like the Hudler comment. I'm sure that there are people that want Lang gone for Perezhogin, but want Hudler gone because he's too small...Contradicting opinions everywhere.

Of course Lang makes alot, he is a superstar and gamebreaking player. People have their panties in a bunch about salaries, but wouldn't be happy if Detroit had a bunch of cheap fillers either- Wings fans will complain about anything- just like the Hudler comment. I'm sure that there are people that want Lang gone for Perezhogin, but want Hudler gone because he's too small...Contradicting opinions everywhere.

Great player that'll win you some games for sure, superstar I personally don't think so. I for one, don't wear panties, but if I did they wouldn't be in a bunch. I'm one of the few around here that actually likes the roster as it stands. Not perfect, but no team is. I don't think Hudler is too small at all, I want him to get a shot. Like Gordie said, I'd take a Lang for perezhogin, Dumont and a second rounder. Balances the lines out alot better, plus pacifiys the "Z must play center or else" camp. This rumor is probably bologna anyway. Here's a contradiction for ya though, I also wouldn't be pissed if Lang stayed. :D

Dumont - Zetterberg - Samuelsson

Perezhogin - Datsyuk - Williams

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Franzen - Johnson - Holmström

Hmm... maybe.. maybe not.

Where should we put Hudler and Kopecky?

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

ummmm holmstrom had 29 goals last season and is like the only guy willing to pay the price in front of the net and you put him on the 4th line ?? lmao

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Those are Terrible lines! Why in the world would you put Holmstrom on the 4th line? Why would you put Cleary on the 3rd lines? Why would you put Franzen on the 4th line after a scoring 12 goals on the 4th line last season? Dumont would play RW too...

Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Dumont

Franzen - Draper - Samuelsson

Cleary - Johnson - Maltby

Kopecky would battle Cleary and Maltby for time.

This is all if for some strange reason this trade actually in the works, which I highly doubt, because Perezhogin, yes he's up and coming, but only scored 9 goals last season. Lang scored 20+, and with an increased role and time this season will only score more. We can keep Lang and still afford Dumont.

My point is that, while Franzen is not projected to be a big scorer, he has shown last season that he can put the puck in the net with limited time, and he was used for penalty kills a lot too, so he did well getting 12 goals. I would hope that he'll be at the least on our 3rd line this season, he deserves it.

I have quite the feeling that I'll turn on the sports channel one day very soon and it will say "*insert team here* had picked up JP Dumont." It has happened too many times this offseason.

I'd want Dumont just as much as Lang, I like Lang, but if we can get an improving Perezhogin in the process as well, why not?

after today's news i'm feeling like you should join sly stallone's mom in the psychic arena. :(

How about this PIERRE DAGENAIS kid looking at his production when given playing time, seems like he's not that bad, not to mention he's a very big winger.

http://www.nhl.com/players/8465003.html

A guy who has failed to crack an NHL lineup full time in seven seasons with three teams? Exactly what I would trade Lang for...

Not Perezhogin... too small.

I'd counter with Lang & Hudler for Latendresse.

You mean Latendresse and Komisarek, right?

You mean Latendresse and Komisarek, right?

For Lang and Hudler? You're crazy. Lang will be a UFA at the end of this year and is already up there in age. Hudler is unproven and no one knows if he'll ever be able to secure a full time job in the NHL.