• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Lang trade rumor... again

Rate this topic

For Lang and Hudler? You're crazy. Lang will be a UFA at the end of this year and is already up there in age. Hudler is unproven and no one knows if he'll ever be able to secure a full time job in the NHL.

Latendresse is not worth Lang and Hudler. Not even close.

Hudler for Latendresse is probably an even deal. Lang would be worth Komisarek to Montreal.

The Red Wings should trade Lang back to Washington to center my line!

But your such the"SUPERSTAR" you don't need good linemen...Besides you prolly would bring Lang's numbers down you puckhog... :rolleyes:

Just keep sucking on your trophy...

Edited by Production Line

But your such the"SUPERSTAR" you don't need good linemen...Besides you prolly would bring Lang's numbers down you puckhog.

Thanks to you again for acknowledging me as a SuperStar. But Robert Lang is also a SuperStar and Red Wings fans should feel very lucky to have him. Also I am very sorry again for only getting 2 more assists than I did goals. I promise to pass a little more.

Latendresse is not worth Lang and Hudler. Not even close.

Hudler for Latendresse is probably an even deal. Lang would be worth Komisarek to Montreal.

lantedresse is considered like a futur simon gagne. if you think lang to the eyes of the habs is more valuable than latendresse, your gon crazy...

trust me.. i am one of those peaple that think like that.

Guest inkling42

I'm not a big fan of dealing Lang. I think any team that contends has to roll 4 lines and has to be strong down the middle. No matter what you trade Lang for your depth and talent level at the center position gets worse. And yes, I realise we'd improve elsewhere. And, I'm not certain that Zetterberg is going to be a center. I will admit that I don't know what his natural position is and I don't know what Babcock's intention is but if it isn't to play center then you have to have Lang.

However, all that being said, I think Perezhogin might be pretty good. He's young and if we can add Dumont as well you have to look at it as losing Lang but getting Perezhogin, Dumont and a 2nd rounder. That's worth it.

I'm not a big fan of dealing Lang. I think any team that contends has to roll 4 lines and has to be strong down the middle. No matter what you trade Lang for your depth and talent level at the center position gets worse. And yes, I realise we'd improve elsewhere. And, I'm not certain that Zetterberg is going to be a center. I will admit that I don't know what his natural position is and I don't know what Babcock's intention is but if it isn't to play center then you have to have Lang.

However, all that being said, I think Perezhogin might be pretty good. He's young and if we can add Dumont as well you have to look at it as losing Lang but getting Perezhogin, Dumont and a 2nd rounder. That's worth it.

It's my understanding that Zetterberg's natural position is Center......but I still don't want to see Robert Lang traded..We could still use his experience level.....

lantedresse is considered like a futur simon gagne. if you think lang to the eyes of the habs is more valuable than latendresse, your gon crazy...

trust me.. i am one of those peaple that think like that.

Latendresse and Hudler are both projected as top-six forwards; Hudler as a scorer and playmaker, Latendresse as a grinding winger who has a bit of scoring touch.

Think Martin Straka vs Martin Lapointe.

As for being 'the next Gagne' Latendresse is about as far in the other direction as you can get; Gagne is not terribly physical and is wicked fast. Latendresse is a physical banger who skates like Jason Allison. Hudler is far more apropos a comparison to Gagne.

And if Hudler and Latendresse are basically equal as far as future potential, and thus basically equal in trade value, Hudler should be a fair trade for Latendresse, or at the most, inclusion of a pick or lesser prospect to even the deal. Hudler AND Lang is vast overpayment to get the next Keith Primeau, but without the faceoff skills.