• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Anson Carter an (e4) Detroit according to Eklund

Rate this topic

The difference is Kozlov did & he did the first time datsyuk's been given many chances

Really? Is that why Bowman benched Kozlov in favor of Gilchrist on many occasions? Many chances?!?! Well he did win the cup with the wings his rookie year. Down play if you must, but that fact remains. After that 2 first round exits with only 1 or 2 players on the supporting cast doing ANYTHING at all in the playoffs, doesn't constitute "many" chances in my opinion. It's such a tired argument. BTW, how much has Thorton done in the playoffs in his career?

BTW, how much has Thorton done in the playoffs in his career?

Thornton did something in last year's playoffs that Datsyuk hasn't done in 4 years. Any guess what it was? And I'm not particularly sure how Joe's inability to put up big numbers in the post-season makes Pavel any more of a playoff performer.

In my opinion, it really isn't an issue whether Datsyuk has "heart" or not, I feel his work ethic is fine. I just think that his style of play simply isn't suited for an NHL post-season. Especially when we're playing tougher teams like Calgary and Edmonton.

Dats will perform. He has heart. And no one thought Kozlov would ever perform in the playoffs either.

Kozlov was never the highest paid foward on the Red Wings and Kozlov always put up numbers, which Datsyuk isn't doing.

How long would you hang onto Datsyuk if he keeps putting up goose eggs when it counts?

Dats will perform. He has heart. And no one thought Kozlov would ever perform in the playoffs either.

And the difference being that he proved people wrong from the start. He also managed to score in every playoff run except his first. People have been waiting for Datsyuk to do the same for the last three post seasons.

Yep...Kozlov and Federov both were huge losses because they were guys that you knew would show up when it counts...wishy washy in regular season, but in the Playoffs, it was go time...Kozlov never really failed to succeed as his career progressed.

Datsyuk? Still waiting...like everyone else...all things considered, I'm not holding my breath...

How long would you hang onto Datsyuk if he keeps putting up goose eggs when it counts?

Me personally, the remainder of his current contract. One last shot considering what could happen next year through free agency, and after leading the team in points 2 years in a row, I think he deserves a last chance.