Andy Pred 48

Tardif

Rate this topic

Looking at the roster's for the pre season camp, I really do like the look of

this kid. Been the Petes captain and is a goalscoring centre. Now I know

we are stacked at centre, but here is a guy who has been hitting the net on

a regular basis, if he could move out to the wing with no problem I think the

coaching staff may have a player who'll not only do a job but save them alot

of cap space. ie no need to sign some leftover ufa/fa that hasn't got a club yet.

He's played 324 games for the Petes and has 155+136=291pts and 310pims.

I have a feeling that a player who can't even average a point a game in the OHL is really ready for a spot on a play-off caliber team without a stop in the AHL.

Now to be honest I've never once saw this kid so maybe he is, that'd just be my guess.

I have a feeling that a player who can't even average a point a game in the OHL is really ready for a spot on a play-off caliber team without a stop in the AHL.

Now to be honest I've never once saw this kid so maybe he is, that'd just be my guess.

The fact that he went undrafted would seem to back up your opinion. Nevertheless, I can see Holland picking him up for AHL duty and a good long look if he does well, much like Jason Williams, Nate Robinson, Brett Lebda, and Darryl Bootland.

The fact that he went undrafted would seem to back up your opinion. Nevertheless, I can see Holland picking him up for AHL duty and a good long look if he does well, much like Jason Williams, Nate Robinson, Brett Lebda, and Darryl Bootland.

Tardif was drafted 112th overall by Calgary in the 2003 draft. I really like the look of this guy and i hope Holland signs him. He had alot of invites from Nhl teams this year but he chose the Wings.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Tardif was drafted 112th overall by Calgary in the 2003 draft. I really like the look of this guy and i hope Holland signs him. He had alot of invites from Nhl teams this year but he chose the Wings.

And he went undrafted in 2005, when he was again eligible to be drafted as the Flames never signed him.

Your all right on the draft issue's, we drafted Dan McGillis and gave up on him!. Looks like people and coaches opinion's don't always agree.

Ever heard of a late bloomer, not saying that Tardiff will make

it but maybe the Wings coaching staff may have some headache's

with the prospect's camp. Pyett and Qunicey are doing well and Pyett

was our last pick in the draft this year, so you never know I mean Lebda

wasn't even a draft pick and people are saying he should be on the Wing

roster at start of the season. Lets hope we unearth a gem and also save

some kitty for the playoff push.

Your all right on the draft issue's, we drafted Dan McGillis and gave up on him!. Looks like people and coaches opinion's don't always agree.

Ever heard of a late bloomer, not saying that Tardiff will make

it but maybe the Wings coaching staff may have some headache's

with the prospect's camp. Pyett and Qunicey are doing well and Pyett

was our last pick in the draft this year, so you never know I mean Lebda

wasn't even a draft pick and people are saying he should be on the Wing

roster at start of the season. Lets hope we unearth a gem and also save

some kitty for the playoff push.

Our defense when McGillis was traded included three guys who were top six in Norris voting that season, and got us Kirk Maltby, who was a key part of the Wings for a while. Tell me you wouldn't have made the trade.

Has just been called up to the AHL by Iowa Stars. Leads the Storm with 25 points in 25 games. Will keep a close watch on his progress.

He's not under contract to the Wings. You'd think GR would have shown some interest somewhere along the line; But Iowa belongs to some other team. He's basically a free agent, and he's now giving someone else a free look. I liked what I saw of him, but maybe he reallt IS too slow.

Looks like he is making steady progress as a Griff now. He signed from the Toledo Storm and moved up to the Griffs with Wings prospect McGrath. Had a natural hat trick last night in the road loss to the Crunch. He has 5+3 in 11 outings for the Griffs so far and has been kept on by the coaching staff.

After 15 games with the Griffs he has 7+5 and is a +2.

In comparison to Wing prospect McGrath who has played

in 46 games and has 5+3 and is a -4, although since going

down to Toledo he seem's to have come back better for it.

Whilst in Toledo McGrath played 9 for 6+9 and +4, where Tardiff

played 34 times and had 10+20 and was -5.

Weird how some players can perform better at a higher level than

others can, will be interesting who gets the nod come playoff time

in GR's.

http://griffinshockey.com/team/roster/inde...ml?player_id=29

Lives in Welland, Ontario…Greatest hockey memory is winning the OHL championship…Hockey idol as a youth was Darren McCarty…Greatest influence on his career was his father…First job was at a hockey school…Most exciting thing he’s ever done is visit Las Vegas…Also speaks French…Played golf, baseball and lacrosse growing up…Once met rapper 50 Cent…Favorite food is sushi…Favorite music artists are Pappa Roach, Shinedow and Taylor Swift…Favorite movie is Transformers…Favorite TV shows are The Shield and Friends…Favorite vacation spot is Las Vegas…Roots for the Michigan Wolverines…Favorite sport to watch besides hockey is football…Enjoys playing Xbox.

He plays xbox? I must find his gamertag...

I like his favourite player is Darren McCarty. He certainly could grow to be a hockey player just like him if he bulked up a little bit more. He already has the skill and nasty streak.

What does everyone here who has seen Tardif play think this up coming season?

Has he had enough AHL time and is ready to come up in a 13th forward role or is this guy a career AHLer because of his speed?

I dont think his foot speed is much of an issue anymore...

As the Griffins coach has said before, Tardif does the little things that win you games. Battling for the puck in the corners, leadership, screening the net, sticking up for teammates...

However Ive always had the feeling hes never going to make it to Detroit. He's a 4th line NHLer for sure, but I dont think hes Detroit's type of 4th liner. Im not gonna go into why, we all know.

I dont think his foot speed is much of an issue anymore...

As the Griffins coach has said before, Tardif does the little things that win you games. Battling for the puck in the corners, leadership, screening the net, sticking up for teammates...

However Ive always had the feeling hes never going to make it to Detroit. He's a 4th line NHLer for sure, but I dont think hes Detroit's type of 4th liner. Im not gonna go into why, we all know.

He seems like the type of player Babcock would vouch for to have in the line up. Adding a guy like him on the 4th line, Abdelkader and maybe one more guy not necessarily an enforcer but like a Travis Moen type would really make this team alot tougher. I just hope he doesn't end up like a Ben Ondrus type guy from the leafs.

Edited by newfy

the thing i like is that he was the Petes C and after a couple of season's within the Griffs he has the C on his shirt again. Will he get alook with the Wings? or will he be another Matt Ellis, just not the right fit for the Wings but def a 3/4 liner on another team.

the thing i like is that he was the Petes C and after a couple of season's within the Griffs he has the C on his shirt again. Will he get alook with the Wings? or will he be another Matt Ellis, just not the right fit for the Wings but def a 3/4 liner on another team.

The thing I think the thing that gives him a better chance at making the wings is his mean streak. He's defensively responsible like Ellis and can PK but he also lays big hits and drops the gloves. We all know Babs likes a guy like this and hes only what 24?

The thing I think the thing that gives him a better chance at making the wings is his mean streak. He's defensively responsible like Ellis and can PK but he also lays big hits and drops the gloves. We all know Babs likes a guy like this and hes only what 24?

I don't think he has a chance to make Detroit's lineup. He might drop the gloves occassionally - but he's not really a fighter. He has okay speed, is okay defensively, an okay player. Unfortunately, probably not much more.

What impressed us here in GR about Matt Ellis was his work ethic. He led by example and by voice when he needed to. Always one of the first to arrive and last to leave practices. Worked out like a madman off the ice too. Ellis' tenacity got him to the NHL.

I don't think he has a chance to make Detroit's lineup. He might drop the gloves occassionally - but he's not really a fighter. He has okay speed, is okay defensively, an okay player. Unfortunately, probably not much more.

What impressed us here in GR about Matt Ellis was his work ethic. He led by example and by voice when he needed to. Always one of the first to arrive and last to leave practices. Worked out like a madman off the ice too. Ellis' tenacity got him to the NHL.

Leadership is obviously a quality that Tardif has though since he's wearing the C. I cant comment on whether or not he has a freak workout but I've never heard bad talk of his work eithic. He can hit, PK and is just an overall solid grinder that can fight occasionally thats why I would like to see him with the wings. We havent had a true grinder since Mccarty.

He should at least get a sniff if a forward goes down, but he is 26...not much of a prospect anymore. We've seen what he can do in the North American game, maybe he should take his talents abroad and be one of the better players of a league? i just don't think north American hockey will get him any farther and I think a European league will pay him much more.

At least I'm not the only one who thinks he deserves a shot:

http://griffinscentral.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2162

His skating has come on leaps and bounds the past two seasons and he's now one of the most powerful skaters on the team. Has huge lower body strength, almost impossible to knock off the puck when he has it.

Still think he would be the perfect replacement for Holmstrom.