• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

I don't think he has a chance to make Detroit's lineup. He might drop the gloves occassionally - but he's not really a fighter. He has okay speed, is okay defensively, an okay player. Unfortunately, probably not much more.

What impressed us here in GR about Matt Ellis was his work ethic. He led by example and by voice when he needed to. Always one of the first to arrive and last to leave practices. Worked out like a madman off the ice too. Ellis' tenacity got him to the NHL.

Leadership is obviously a quality that Tardif has though since he's wearing the C. I cant comment on whether or not he has a freak workout but I've never heard bad talk of his work eithic. He can hit, PK and is just an overall solid grinder that can fight occasionally thats why I would like to see him with the wings. We havent had a true grinder since Mccarty.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#22 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

Heard he was seriously considered for a call up recently.

He might still have a chance.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

He should at least get a sniff if a forward goes down, but he is 26...not much of a prospect anymore. We've seen what he can do in the North American game, maybe he should take his talents abroad and be one of the better players of a league? i just don't think north American hockey will get him any farther and I think a European league will pay him much more.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

He's a 'Tard. :ph34r:

#25 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

At least I'm not the only one who thinks he deserves a shot:

http://griffinscentr...lay&thread=2162

His skating has come on leaps and bounds the past two seasons and he's now one of the most powerful skaters on the team. Has huge lower body strength, almost impossible to knock off the puck when he has it.

Still think he would be the perfect replacement for Holmstrom.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights