• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Detroit interested in Marleau

Rate this topic

Heard from Code, take this as you may, that Detroit has offered Datsyuk and a 1st rounder to San Jose for Patrick Marleau... and San Jose has rejected this offer. Rumored beyond this may be that we will re-offer the contract with Hudler or Grigorenko thrown into the mix, or some variation of it. I don't know, he just mentioned that he had heard Hudler and Grigs names being thrown out there too... Like I said, I'm just passing along what I heard and thought LGW'ers could use it for a topic of discussion... anyway, enjoy.

Heard from Code, take this as you may, that Detroit has offered Datsyuk and a 1st rounder to San Jose for Patrick Marleau... and San Jose has rejected this offer. Rumored beyond this may be that we will re-offer the contract with Hudler or Grigorenko thrown into the mix, or some variation of it. I don't know, he just mentioned that he had heard Hudler and Grigs names being thrown out there too... Like I said, I'm just passing along what I heard and thought LGW'ers could use it for a topic of discussion... anyway, enjoy.

If we got marleau , i'd go crazy , he's a great player & signed for good money , heres hopeing this happens :thumbup:

Marleau is a great player...a few months back I had thrown out the idea of swapping Dats for him. Marleau can flat out fly, isn't gritty but is tougher and larger than Dats and has shown he can play in the playoffs. I would do that deal for sure and if it took hudler as well, so be it. Don't think it will happen though, west team trading with a west team swapping big name players.

B52,

Next time you ought to © your threads... :P

:blush: I know.....I doubt the valididity of the rumor, but thought it was interesting nonetheless. I do know that Marleau wants out, I have read that a few places, and with Mark Bell there now, who can play center and wing, it makes it even more plausible.

I could not express how happy I would be if this trade did happen. I dont really care whether is hudler or grigs that gets thrown in, I WANT THIS GUY!

He is like a young shanny, and that is exactly what this team needs

However I am worried about the s*** that Holland will inevitably get from the Datsyuk slappies. I like Dats as much as the next wings fan, but he has worn out his welcome by not showing up at critical times. We all know that next summer he is going to want Lidstrom money, and the ONLY way I could ever see that being reasonable is if he wins the Conn Smythe. And I apologize to some of you, but that has as much of a chance of happening as Gordie Howe coming out of retirement.

If this trade goes down, I will pledge my allegience to Ken Holland

I could not express how happy I would be if this trade did happen. I dont really care whether is hudler or grigs that gets thrown in, I WANT THIS GUY!

He is like a young shanny, and that is exactly what this team needs

However I am worried about the s*** that Holland will inevitably get from the Datsyuk slappies. I like Dats as much as the next wings fan, but he has worn out his welcome by not showing up at critical times. We all know that next summer he is going to want Lidstrom money, and the ONLY way I could ever see that being reasonable is if he wins the Conn Smythe. And I apologize to some of you, but that has as much of a chance of happening as Gordie Howe coming out of retirement.

If this trade goes down, I will pledge my allegience to Ken Holland

He's nothing like a young Shanny...

:blush: I know.....I doubt the valididity of the rumor, but thought it was interesting nonetheless. I do know that Marleau wants out, I have read that a few places, and with Mark Bell there now, who can play center and wing, it makes it even more plausible.

But it will also in way decrease the possibility of sending Datsyuk their way, and thereby decrease the possibility of such a trade ever happening. They might not be looking to replace Marleau with a centreman.

But it will also in way decrease the possibility of sending Datsyuk their way, and thereby decrease the possibility of such a trade ever happening. They might not be looking to replace Marleau with a centreman.

That's right Barnesy, which is why the Wings may have to part with Kronwall in order to land him. They need defense (Sharks)

Edited by Barnes52

Dats NHL Totals 284 81 160 241 77 +48 play offs 42 3 12 15 4 -1

Pats NHL Totals 640 187 226 413 219 -5 play offs 62 28 17 45 30 +1.

Pavel over Pat during regular season and playoffs??

The stats don't really prove that Marleau is a better playoff performer than Datsyuk. Sure he has higher numbers than Pavel but he is only a

+1 rating over the 62 games, so while he's helped out on 45 goals, the

opposition has scored 44 while he's on the ice, thats a 0.71% per game.

But Dats is a -1 I hear you say, yes he is but over the 42 games he has been on the ice when we have let in 16 its only a 0.38% per game. So while Dats offensive output seems to drop in the p/o's he's still pretty solid in his own end. So like i have said don't pay to much attention to some of the stats out there, while I don't disagree with having Marleau on our roster, I wouldn't at the expense of Pavel.

At the end of the day you can make figure's do what you want them to

do, it can prove for or against whichever way you use them. One thing that does seperate the 2 at the moment is that Dats has a ring, lets hope he can add to it whilst wearing the Winged wheel.

That's right Barnesy, which is why the Wings may have to part with Kronwall in order to land him. They need defense (Sharks)

The Wings defense in terms of youth and prospects is already paper thin as it is, this team can not afford to lose Kronwall. However, if an even more unlikely 3 way trade were thought up where the WIngs could send Datsyuk at the same time for a young defenseman that would be great. Something like:

Sharks get - Kronwall, Hudler, prospect or draft pick

Wings get- Marleau, good young defenseman from a third party

3rd team gets - Datsyuk

I beg to differ... is it because Marleau shows up in the playoffs?.......Shanny used to

They both are good for AT LEAST 25-30 goals a season

They both have size and a touch of grit

They both make the same salary

must I continue?

um a young Shanny had alot more than a "touch" of grit. Shanny was alot more physical in his younger days. NO COMPARISON. Hell Mark Bell would be a much better comparison than Marleau to a young Shanny..

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Not worth it if Kronwall has to go, as much as an improvement Marleau would be over Datsyuk, losing both Datsyuk AND Kronwall makes us lose any trade unless we're getting a young defensemen back.

I beg to differ... is it because Marleau shows up in the playoffs?.......Shanny used to

They both are good for AT LEAST 25-30 goals a season

They both have size and a touch of grit

They both make the same salary

must I continue?

They both score, but that's about it (I guess they were both #2 overall draft picks too). Marleau is much faster and better defensively. Shanahan was a TON more physical (still is). Shanny tangled with guys like Probert and racked up 200+ PIMs in his heyday. Patrick is a perennial Byng candidate.

About as similar as Lidstrom and Chara...

For the record, I'm not advocating trading Kronwall for Marleau, but I can't see how the Sharks would want Datsyuk when they have Bell who's cheaper and signed for a few years. Lou is right about a 3 way

Dats NHL Totals 284 81 160 241 77 +48 play offs 42 3 12 15 4 -1

Pats NHL Totals 640 187 226 413 219 -5 play offs 62 28 17 45 30 +1.

Pavel over Pat during regular season and playoffs??

The stats don't really prove that Marleau is a better playoff performer than Datsyuk. Sure he has higher numbers than Pavel but he is only a

+1 rating over the 62 games, so while he's helped out on 45 goals, the

opposition has scored 44 while he's on the ice, thats a 0.71% per game.

But Dats is a -1 I hear you say, yes he is but over the 42 games he has been on the ice when we have let in 16 its only a 0.38% per game. So while Dats offensive output seems to drop in the p/o's he's still pretty solid in his own end. So like i have said don't pay to much attention to some of the stats out there, while I don't disagree with having Marleau on our roster, I wouldn't at the expense of Pavel.

At the end of the day you can make figure's do what you want them to

do, it can prove for or against whichever way you use them. One thing that does seperate the 2 at the moment is that Dats has a ring, lets hope he can add to it whilst wearing the Winged wheel.

Dude why don't you analyze the analyzation while you're at it, you have WAYY to much time on your hands.... Marleau is a better playoff performer in that he scores goals while Datsyuk doesn't.

Word is, is that we re-offered Datsyuk and Grigs for Marleau and it was rejected it again. Apparently the sticking point is that they don't want the hassle of dealing with re-signing Datsyuk since he's pesky when it comes to that. They also are looking for a top 2 defensemen, but I'm no tsure the Wings would offer Schneider and others for Marleau, personally, I would take it if we offered say, Schneider, Hudler, and a 1st rounder for Marleau.

The Wings defense in terms of youth and prospects is already paper thin as it is, this team can not afford to lose Kronwall. However, if an even more unlikely 3 way trade were thought up where the WIngs could send Datsyuk at the same time for a young defenseman that would be great. Something like:

Sharks get - Kronwall, Hudler, prospect or draft pick

Wings get- Marleau, good young defenseman from a third party

3rd team gets - Datsyuk

Sharks get - Kronwall, Hudler and prospect or draft pick

Wings get - Marleau, Barret Jackman

St Louis gets - Datsyuk

?????

Guest Tombsy

Calgary gets: Datsyuk, Kindl

San Jose gets: Hamlik, Hudler, Wings 3rd, Calgary 3rd

Detroit gets: Marleau, Kobasew

Edited by Tombsy

Calgary gets: Datsyuk, Kindl

San Jose gets: Hamlik, Hudler, Wings 3rd, Calgary 3rd

Detroit gets: Marleau, Kobasew

Thats not bad. Calgary has tremendous depth on the blue line, so they can afford to give up hamrlik. I'm not sure from our perspective whether we should trade datsyuk to a conf. rival, and help their needs just because we want marleau. The bottom line is, the 3rd team has to benefit from the trade, otherwise they won't be in.

Thats not bad. Calgary has tremendous depth on the blue line, so they can afford to give up hamrlik. I'm not sure from our perspective whether we should trade datsyuk to a conf. rival, and help their needs just because we want marleau. The bottom line is, the 3rd team has to benefit from the trade, otherwise they won't be in.

Not bad? It's awful from our perspective, we give up our top 2 young defensemen and get none back? And we end up with only Marleau and Chuck Kobasew?

Guest Tombsy

We give up ONE defensive propsect, Hudler and Datsyuk and a 3rd. We get back Marleau and Kobasew ( a 24 yeard old winger who scored 20 goals last year).

We lose 2 small Euro forwards and gain 2 6-foot plus Canadians with above average speed.

Throwing in Kindl and the pick is the least we would have to give up.

Positives: Gain a young top six winger, gain a top six center who performs in the playoffs and he has a good contract.

Negatives: give up Kindl