50 replies to this topic

#21 rossco

rossco

Top Prospect

• Bronze Booster
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ October 7, 2006 - 01:05AM) View Post

so what does it really mean? I just saw Lang and figured "what other common phrase do we have on this site that uses the word Lang?"

actually I figure it's "long may your something something."

Yup you are on the right lines

Lum is a Scots word for chimney and Reek is Scottish for smoke

So long may your chimney smoke or more appropriately "long may you have good health" smile.gif
June 4th 2008 The Igloo - A date with Stanley - now how do I top that road trip ?

#22 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(amberlynn25 @ September 26, 2006 - 11:25AM) View Post

now a new years LGW party would be fun as hell

back in the late 90s, a few of the chatters in the red wings chat room got together on NYE. Few of us went to the game at the Joe, the car pooled to Royal Oak and partied the night away. Was a blast and everyone had a good time. Ah memories smile.gif

FYI everyone. I work most on weekends now so don't plan around my schedule. I will make if I can.

#23 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

Okay, folks. It's only a month away now. Let's get planning. I'm trying to come up with NYE plans for those attending the game for afterwards. Who's in?
There are also others who are coming in for the 1/2 game. Maybe a NY Day GTG? I need answers, people!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#24 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ November 4, 2006 - 05:31AM) View Post

Okay, folks. It's only a month away now. Let's get planning. I'm trying to come up with NYE plans for those attending the game for afterwards. Who's in?
There are also others who are coming in for the 1/2 game. Maybe a NY Day GTG? I need answers, people!

I still don't know the exact dates I'll be in town. Sorry blush.gif Couple more days should do it though. Leaning toward the 15-27th of December.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#25 Muse

Muse

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

I'll be around through NYE. Definitely up for doing something, though I can only make an earlier appearance for NYE.

I have a feeling that a lot of LGWers are coming to town in December. We may have a lot of get togethers in December! Woot!
There's no place like Hockeytown.

#26 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE(betterREDthandead @ November 4, 2006 - 07:14AM) View Post

I still don't know the exact dates I'll be in town. Sorry blush.gif Couple more days should do it though. Leaning toward the 15-27th of December.

Youre going to JUST miss me sad.gif that SUCKS...
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#27 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

if my schedule allows me to attend, I will be there. Wont know for sure until mid dec tho.

#28 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

yowza.gif HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!

I got my plane ticket!!!

I'll be there from 12/29/06 to 1/03/07!!!!

Look out Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#29 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

Excellent, VIB. Please make sure to check in with RWN HQ Welcoming Committee upon arrival. smile.gif
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#30 rossco

rossco

Top Prospect

• Bronze Booster
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ November 15, 2006 - 10:07PM) View Post

Excellent, VIB. Please make sure to check in with RWN HQ Welcoming Committee upon arrival. smile.gif

If there is a plan ladies please let me know, I'm in town 30th Dec to 3rd Jan smile.gif
June 4th 2008 The Igloo - A date with Stanley - now how do I top that road trip ?

#31 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:37 PM

I sent you a PM which you still haven't read, and that was a couple of weeks ago. Hmmmmm.

If everyone will give me their availability - what days they have plans, what days and/or nights they're free, etc - that would be FABulous! I'm working on a NYE deal, but there's nowhere to go that's not going to be packed after the game. My house will fit six people - 10 if everyone's in 2 different rooms and not everyone wants to sit. Less if the tree's still up. Not conducive to a NYE party. Maybe NYD?

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#32 rossco

rossco

Top Prospect

• Bronze Booster
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ November 18, 2006 - 02:37AM) View Post

I sent you a PM which you still haven't read, and that was a couple of weeks ago. Hmmmmm.

If everyone will give me their availability - what days they have plans, what days and/or nights they're free, etc - that would be FABulous! I'm working on a NYE deal, but there's nowhere to go that's not going to be packed after the game. My house will fit six people - 10 if everyone's in 2 different rooms and not everyone wants to sit. Less if the tree's still up. Not conducive to a NYE party. Maybe NYD?

Ooops....somehow it didn't indicate I had new mail...see how many PMs I get...lol...ok will now reply

#33 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

It looks like I'll be in town from the 27-28th to the 6th (flying back on the 7th). NYD sounds fine to me....NYE is likely to work as well, but NYD - probably safer.

When it comes to venue, my preference of course is somewhere downtown, but I sorta got to pick last time, so I'll sit back and see how it plays out.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#34 MSUDoubleJ19

MSUDoubleJ19

Mmm, pancakes.

• HoF Booster
  • 669 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

I've hesitated replying because I don't want to cop out like last night. I felt really bad when I said I was coming and I didn't, so that's I won't say anything for sure yet, but here's my plans.

I'll be out of town pry until the 29th. Then I'll be in town for an NYE party. So, either afternoon of NYE or on NYD (although I will pry be hungover and only be able to grunt instead of actually interact with anyone) would work best. And then I would hope I could attend the event this time. smile.gif
And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

#35 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

I am confirmed to come up to the area from Thursday 12/7 (arrive early PM) to Sunday 12/10 (leaving early PM). Don't know if that's worthy any get-together plans or anything but I shall be looking forward to the visit!

#36 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(MSUDoubleJ19 @ November 20, 2006 - 03:40PM) View Post

(although I will pry be hungover and only be able to grunt instead of actually interact with anyone)

That's pretty much all we did last time anyway laugh.gif
Posted Image

#37 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:09 AM

24 FREAKING DAYS!!!

SO who is going to get these plans together for the New Years Game and the 1/2/07 game?

Anyone, Anyone...Bueller???!!!!!

WHOOOOHOOOO!

Muse texted me saying there was snow and we're gonna have a snowball fight! Alrighty!!! I can't wait!!!!

So what are the plans people - it's getting closer!!!!!

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16, 05 December 2006 - 09:10 AM.

#38 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:30 AM

We're having venue issues. No one has room to host more than a few people. I might just suck it up and have everyone over on NYD and hope for the best, but a NYE party just wouldn't fit. I'm aware inquiring minds want to know and I'll post a definitive time and place soon.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#39 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:12 AM

Um, I know I suck, but now that Michigan is confirmed for the NYD Rose Bowl, that time just went out the window, as it is something of a family thing to watch when the Wolverines and the Rose Bowl are in the same place at the same time. I would be able to come after the game.
Posted Image

#40 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

You're laboring under the assumption that you were invited to begin with.......

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users